IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Bhagavan reads out a few extracts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Day by Day with Bhagavan________4-1-46 MorningAmong the letters etc., received was a small pamphletcalled Divine Grace Through Total Self-Surrender by Mr. D.C.Desai. Bhagavan read out to us a few extracts from it, viz., thefollowing quotation from Paul Brunton: "I remain perfectlycalm and fully aware of who I am and what is occurring. Selfstill exists, but it is a changed, radiant Self. Something that isfar superior to my unimportant personality rises intoconsciousness and becomes me. I am in the midst of an oceanof blazing light. I sit in the lap of holy bliss"; and also thefollowing: "Divine grace is a manifestation of the cosmic freewillin operation. It can alter the course of events in amysterious manner through its own unknown laws, which aresuperior to all natural laws, and can modify the latter byinteraction. It is the most powerful force in the universe.""It descends and acts, only when it is invoked by totalself-surrender. It acts from within, because God resides in theheart of all beings. Its whisper can be heard only in a mindpurified by self-surrender and prayer."Paul Brunton describes its nature as follows: "Rationalistslaugh at it and atheists scorn it, but it exists. It is a descent ofGod into the soul's zone of awareness. It is a visitation offorce unexpected and unpredictable. It is a voice spoken outof cosmic silence . . . . . . . . . . It is cosmic will which canperform authentic miracles under its own laws."