IndiaDivine.org

What Am I?- Wei Wu Wei

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What Am I?

TWO: Great news, old chap, the greatest ever.ONE: Excellent. That is to say?TWO: I am reality!ONE: As obvious as your nose, but congratulations on noticing it.TWO: But it is terrific! I had idea life held such a thrill! I want to dance, or jump over the moon. I feel as if a fog had lifted, as though an insupportable burden had been lifted from my shoulders.ONE: The I-concept is like being gagged, and bound with chains, is it not?TWO: Yes, indeed. I had long believed the thing did not exist, but now I have come to know it. What a difference!ONE: 'Believing' it was only the usual pretence; knowing it is still intellectual; when you experience it even gravity will no longer exist.TWO: When I look, when I speak, when I listen, it is reality that looks and speaks and listens!ONE: Who else could there be to look and speak and listen?TWO: No one, but I didn't realize it. And what I see, what I say, what I hear - is reality!ONE: Nonsense; it is nothing of the kind!TWO: What do you mean? What is it then?ONE: What you see, say or hear is only an interpretation of reality in a dualistic medium, and bears no recognizable resemblance to reality except in its suchness which can neither be seen, said nor heard.TWO: And yet the 'I' that sees, speaks, listens, is reality? It seems illogical.ONE: Reality knows nothing of logic; it has never been to school.TWO: Even so ... But of course you must be right; come to think of it, what I see, say and hear could not be really real, could it?ONE: It could not. What you see, say and hear consists of objects in consciousness, interpretations of reality in a context of time, space and duality.TWO: Yes, yes, but why?ONE: Because, of course, reality being outside time, without space, and non-dual - all of which are concepts only - cannot be perceived as it is via those limitations.TWO: Then how can I really perceive?ONE: You cannot - unless as an algebraic symbol, or, perhaps, as relation, as harmony for instance; you are normally seen as an object in consciousness, dualistically in time, and spatially as form.TWO: My reality, my suchness, can only be inferred?ONE: The inference is inescapable, but your suchness is imperceptible.TWO: How, then, do I become perceptible?ONE: By being clothed; you yourself are invisible, only your clothes are seen.TWO: My clothes? What clothes, and where do they come from?ONE: Your clothes are qualities, projected on to you by dualistic thinking.TWO: What kind of qualities?ONE: All kinds - size, weight, shape, colour, character ...TWO: But those are all estimations, functions of their opposites, points on a scale of imaginary values, limited by the range of our sense, devoid of intrinsic reality!ONE: You see that clearly; you have been reading the Diamond Sutra - 'Thus have I heard ...'TWO: And stripped of these arbitrary and unreal dualistic estimations, what am I?ONE: A hole in space.TWO: Like everything else?ONE: Like everything else sensorially perceptible. Like the whole universe as perceived by our senses and their mechanical extensions.TWO: The suchness of no object can ever be perceived?ONE: Obviously not.TWO: But what are objects, when all is said and done?ONE: Objectivisations of reality in the only way reality can be objectivised, that is, by the dualistic approach, comprising consciousness and objects thereof - all of which we are.TWO: And consciousness includes all objects?ONE: Everything that is cognizable. Nothing is outside consciousness, for there is no outside of that.TWO: As subject, I am always real; as object, I am always relative?ONE: Relativity meaning reality envisaged dualistically as Observer and observed.TWO: Suddenly it seems simple!ONE: Complications only arise in false problems.TWO: How is it possible to identify oneself with an object, when one knows oneself as the subject?ONE: It is not possible! You have been identifying yourself with an object instead of recognizing yourself as being also the subject, that is all.TWO: And yet I was eternally saying 'I', like everybody else!ONE: That 'I' was an object, never the real subject when you used it conditionally, that is the reason.TWO: So that is it; when one understands, realizes, knows that one is I-reality ... it becomes obvious!ONE: As obvious as a nose!

Guest guest

Omkara wrote:

>

> <LOL>. Fire! ffiiireeee!

>

> Uhhhhh... yeah. Like, fire's pretty cool. uh huh hhuh huh huh

> hhhuh...

>

> Yeah.. FIRE.. fire... fffiiiirreee...

> hehehEHEHhehheHEHEhHEHEHEhehe...

>

Some vandal pulled the fire alarm again.

Go ahead and finish brushing your hair dear.