VIBHUTHI SANDHI

dhAtugaLu saptAvaraNa upa

vIthigaLe nADigaLu madagaLu

yUthapagaLu suShumnA nADiye rAjapaMthAna

I tanUruhagaLe vanaMgaLu

mAtarishvanu paMcharUpadi

pAtakagaLeMbarigaLanu saMharipa taLavAra......HKAS_05-20

dhAtugaLu = saptadhAtu-s

saptAvaraNa = seven concentric walls (prAkAra-s or AvaraNa-s)

upavIthigaLu = cross roads

nADigaLu = 72000 blood vessels

madagaLu = group of mada-s - prides

yUthapagaLu = aShTamada-s = annamada, aRthamada, prAyamada, vidyAmada, rAjyamada, kulamada, satkaRmamada & shIlamada

suShumnA nADiye = spinal chord

rAjapaMthAna = is the highway

I tanUruhagaLe = the hairs

vanaMgaLu = garden

mAtarishvanu = jIvOttama i.e. shrI mukhya prANadEvaru

paMcharUpadi = the five rUpa-s i.e. pRaNa, apAna, vyAna, udAna, samAna

pAtakagaLeMba = pApa-s

arigaLanu = enemies

saMharipa = would destroy

taLavAra = security guard

saptadhAtu-s are:- (seven of them)

No.    saptadhAtu

1        tvak dhAtu

2        chaRma dhAtu

3        mAMsa dhAtu (muscle tissues)

4        rakta (formed blood cells)

5        mEdassu (fatty tissues)

6        majja dhAtu (bone marrow & nerve tissues)

7        asthi dhAtu (bone)

The saptadhAtus-s protect our sharIra, 'tvak' is the external blanket whereas the 'asthi' lies innermost and forms the shape for the body by giving support. Thus the saptadhAtu-s can be seen as a fort with seven prAkAra-s.

72000 nADi-s criss-cross our sharIra. The spinal cord (suShumna nAdi) is the main one. This has four main branches called IDA, piMgaLa, vajrikA & ARyaka. These have many sub-branches, just like a town which has smaller roads or lanes referred here as 'upavIthigaLu'.

'mada' is the manOvR^itti arising out of pride. There are eight types of mada-s called  aShTamada-s (they are - annamada, aRthamada, prAyamada, vidyAmada, rAjyamada, kulamada, satkaRmamada & shIlamada). Usually an elephant exhibits 'mada' therefore these mada-s are also refered as 'gajamada'. yUthapagaLu is also understood as a chieftan. If we take the mada-s as a group, then we can see that the chieftan leads them.

'suShumnA nAdi' the spinal cord runs from the bottom of the back and connects the brain. This is brahmanADi. narasiMha ParamAtma resides here and protects the jIva. This is compared to a highway. vAyu dEvaru wanders about the spinal cord.

There are millions of hairs on our sharIra. The hairs are compared as forests and gardens just as every town has a forest and gardens surrounding it.

mukhayaprANa dEvaru is also known as 'mAtarishva'.  Existing in five rUpa-s i.e. pRaNa, apAna, vyAna, udAna, samAna - he protects our sharIra. A king of any kingdom appoints people to protect the the place from enemy attack. In the same way, 'taLavAra' - who is bhagavadAj~nAdhAraka, bhagavadkARyasAdhaka, i.e. mukhyaprANa dEvaru is appointed by biMba rUpi ParamAtma to protect our 'paTTaNa' from the prEraka-s of enemies like - kAma, krOdha, lObha, mOha, mada & mAtsaRya.

shrI kR^ishNArpanamastu