IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: [MYP] Panchanga as per USA Timings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sub: Madhwa Panchanga as per USA Timings.

Answer: It is a long felt need by Madhwa residents in USA, including myself.

I started compiling Panchangam of all madhwa Mutts and started posting to Dvaita list since 1997 till Oct 2009 and discontinued for obvious reasons due to technical difficulties in my computer.

The release of new Panchangam by various mutts( except Sri Uttaradi Mutt) are dragged till just 4 or 5 days before Ugadi and compilers like me always keep the fingers crossed awaiting its release to compile data and send in time before Ugadi day. Each mutt representative takes his own time to distribute either free of cost or on payment after seeking so many information .The Web Master takes his time to upload on the web in spite of the fact that the whole thing is compurterised. Probably he might be waiting for instructions from his Senior.

Had this been uploaded simultaneously on the web as the final pages go on to machine for printing, what an amount of instant service one would get, probably the Mutts could imagine. But they delay its appearance on the web before Ugadi day. or even later.

It is imperative that all mutts should make available their Panchanagam either free or on payment to their Shishyas at least one month in advance so that every one would feel satisfied and need not rush to the mutt just before Ugadi. When other Mutts and private people are able to do efficiently , it may not be a difficult task. Planning is required

In spite of many drawback, thanks to timely help from sri Raghunandana Sharma, of SRS mutt who use to flash the pages by scanning, and specially Sri Harish Rao of MYP who also sent scanning the relevant pages of various Mutts Panachangam, ( even the hard copy of various Panchangams thro’ his brother to USA while I was in USA ), my nephews, relatives etc whose assistance, immense help, I wish to record at this juncture.

There is a Panchangam of Vontikoppal specially published for USA people and Mr KrishNa sastry (IOWA USA) : e mail id: SastryKrishnaC of USA has been sending to aspirants well in advance.

This Panchanagam ( as I wrote to Mr Sastry while at USA) we have been following since its inception by my forefathers ( when our mutts panchanagam were not in print form media) everyone use to perform pooja and follow for Muhurtha etc.

Even many Madhwa astrologers do follow this only as experienced and seen personally by me. I have this observed for these 50 years and I have physically seen myself. including my brother who fixes Muhurthas etc referring to Vontikoppal Panchangam.

Our Madhwas want Panchangam of various Mutts preferably in one mail so that those belonging to a particular mutt could follow their code of conduct(SampradAya).

When I was in Freemont near Sanfransisco(California) on a Sankranti day to speak under the auspices of SVBM, many ladies who had gathered pressurized me to continue the compilation work as they were benefitted in following the Madhwa Sampradaya rituals by this source.

It is very difficult to compile panchagam for USA as we have Four regions

The continental United States (the 48 contiguous states) is divided into 4 time zones:

Eastern Standard Time (EST), the time zone New York is in, which is 5 hours behind Greenwich mean Time (GMT)

Central Standard Time (CST), the time zone Chicago is in, which is 6 hours behind Greenwich Meantime (GMT)

Mountain Standard Time (MST), which is 7 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Pacific Standard Time (PST), the time zone Los Angeles is in, which is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

It shall be possible for a person living in USA to do it. The Puttige Mutt Branch at NJ is preparing one type of Panchangam.

The Links referred to are from Advitis and it is not acceptable to our Dvaita school of thought. The contender feels to possess a panchangam prepared by a Madhwa according to USA timings to follow when he is there.

The Panchanagam done by various temples situated across USA in different regions are not conducive to suit Madhwa Sect. Hence Madhwas have to do themselves. Who could do them is the question.

There are experts, learned scholars in Madhwa Shastra , in NJ, near Pennsylvania area, , Connecticut area, CA, Boston, Dallas, Michigan who may or may not have time but who are good in Shastra, Ekadashi NirNaya etc in different parts of the USA. They would be the best people to prepare a Panchangam for their area and when published would be useful for other regions, as well..

Hence asking to send ‘Could someone please send across panchange as per USA timings?”

Seem to me, a big question mark? . Which zone he hails from ? Which part of Panchangam he wants, He must be specific. It must not only benefit him, but also to all sections . If he has come for a few months to USA , the labor taken by person like me would be futile.

In India some Madhwa astrologer should attempt to prepare one to suit the Four regions, one for USA, one UK, one for Australia, one for Singapore etc.

While crossing the country beyond Arabian sea or Bay of Bengal - itself is taboo (ban) in our shastra, which mutt will encourage or which MAdhwa astrologer will venture in writing a Panchangam for UK, one for USA, one for Australia and one for Kenya people?. It would be only a dream.

Hence all efforts for a Panchangam for a region should be done by a person residing at that area otherwise, simply follow what is published in India.

Add Plus or Minus the timings as per GMT and follow.

Or whenever there is a doubt ask experts mentioned above who may guide you properly or simply follow what you think as the right one.

This is my personal view.

GRRRao.

SUMADHWASEVA; MadhwaYuvaParishat From: gurucsDate: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:02:53 -0600[sUMADHWASEVA] Panchanga as per USA Timings

Namaskara,

Could someone please send across panchange as per USA timings?

Also , please let me know if forthcoming chandra grahana has any dosha( significance ) in USA?

Dhanyavadhagalu,

Guru

http://windows.microsoft.com/shop Find the right PC for you.