IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Kurnool Floods: Impact to Sri Vyasaraja Mutt Branch - deeply in trouble - a fwd-ed msg

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaskara All,

I would like to bring to your notice on the grave situation being faced by the branch of Sri Vyasaraja Mutt establishment situated at Kurnool. Sri Vidyapayondhi Theertharu established this mutt about 2 decades ago. Unfortunately though Kurnool has several Madhva families, there are only a few owning allegiance to Vyasaraja Mutt. Of course after the controversy surrounding the Swamiji and his troupe, things would have definitely deteriorated.

Current Situation

Due to heavy floods that ravaged Kurnool and Mahabubnagar in AP during the first week in October, The VM Mutt premises has borne a huge brunt on its assets and virtually defunct now. As per Shri Vijayendrachar, the current standing manager of the Mutt they have lost the submersible pump, most of the vessels and of course 1-2 months of provisions. Apart from this there was a severe slush in the mutt, which has completely destroyed tubelights, fans and completely eroded the painting of the walls.

The loss of Submersible Pump [which was the primary source of water] and the loss of vessels have led them to stop cooking at the Mutt since the floods. They are offering Hastodaka to Rayaru alone with a small ijjalu stove over the last 2-3 weeks. They need these essentials immediately to begin normal operations of the mutt. There is also no proper electricity at the Mutt due to repairs.

As indicated the immediate needs would cumulate into:

Submersible Pump (for drinking water, etc): 14,500/- (approx)

Essential Vessels for cooking: 3000/- (approx)

Essential Provisions: 7000/- (approx)

Total essential need: 25,000/- approximately.

(Note: We have already initiated the collection through the of Sri Vyasaraja Mutt, affiliated to Sri Vyasaraja Seva Samithi ® and have generated some funds. This request is to spread the word and seek the balance funds)

Who controls the Mutt now?

As per Sri Vijayendrachar, he is currently managing the mutt. The order from our Vyasaraja Mutt (current and past pontiff) is that the staff of the mutt should run the mutt based on the collections from all Karya’s, Theertha Prasad, Hundi and other earnings. With this Sri Vijayendrachar indicated that he has to pay the salary for himself, achars, cooks and maintenance staff, which essentially is a tight-rope walk. The Pontiff had also indicated that Kurnool mutt should send at least 3000/- to ‘headquarters’, but Sri Vijayendrachar indicated that it is hardly possible for them to send 500/- to 1000/- every month. The complete maintenance is being managed locally.

What is the Mutt doing?

Unfortunately Sri Vijayendrachar did mention that on repeated calls made to Swamiji, he has not got any relief, as he believes that the mutt itself is financially broke and cannot support Kurnool branch at this time. Sri Vijayendrachar said that he would submit an official letter to me (i.e to SVSS) indicating that he immediately needs the essential help to get started as he himself is going to a neighbor’s house to have Theerthaprasada. He is traveling to Hyderabad to meet me this Saturday (31st Oct) to hand over the appeal letter addressed to SVSS specifically. I also personally tried to reach Swamiji on his cell, but unable to do so.

So what can we do right now?

I spoke to Sri NAPS Rao and he indicated that it is one of the prime objectives of SVSS to restore mutt Brindavana’s and it’s associated properties. Given this situation, we should definitely ensure that this amount is collected. Sri NAPS Rao did assure me that he would do his bit from Bangalore while I co-ordinate from Andhra. I will take the responsibility of consolidating the funds and make sure it reaches in kind to the mutt premises so that they can restart which I visit Kurnool personally.

The account details are as below:

Account No: 004001021955 (SB Acc)Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd

Name: Aditya RaoBranch: Madhapur Branch, Hyderabad

In the interim, kindly let me know your comments.

Hareye Namaha

Regards

Aditya Rao

Hyderabad

Note: Few edits by myself (Harish Rao) from the original mail.