IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

shrI PurandaradAsara Aradhane- Navarathna kritigalu with meanings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

shrI hari vAyu gurubhyo namahaabhramam bhaN^ga rahitam ajadam vimalaM sadhA |Anandatiirtham atulam bhaje tApatrayApaham || brahmAnthah guravah sAkShAth iShtaM dhaivaM shriyah pathih |AchAryAh shrImadhAchAryah samthu Me janmajanmani || manmanobhIShta varadam sarvAbhIShTha phalapradham |purandara gurum vande daasa shreShTham dayAnidhim ||

j~nana vairAgya siddyartham Bhakti mArga phala pradam |sri purandara gurum vande dAsa shresta daya nidhim ||

ApAda mouLi paryaMtaM guruNAM AkR^itiM smaret.h |tena vignAH praNashyaMti siddhyanti cha manorathAH ||pR^ithvI manDala madhyasthAH puurNa bodha matAnugAH |vaiShNavA viShNu hR^idayAs tAn namasye guruun mama ||

Sri PurandaradAsara riddle

Mullu koneya mele mUrukeraya katti by Sri PurandaradAsaru.

Please read the outer & deep inner meaning of this song from this dvaita list url.

http://www.dvaita.org/list/list_50/msg00021.html

Username/password: dvaita

This song can be heard from this website:

http://www.udbhava.com/udbhava/songs.jsp?id=174

Source: Purandara dAsara navarathna songs meaning author is Unknown. This navarathnagalu was a forwarded mail. Thanks to that devotee who wrote the meanings.

1. pOgAdirElO ranga bagilindAce |p| bAgAvataru kANdu etti koNDoyvAru |a| Meaning:

Do not go out (of the house), O, ranga. BhagavatAs will take you away (from me)! (BhagavatAs are the people who give discourses on bhagavatam and make living. Also they depend on shri hari for everything. Bheema (or hanuma/madhva) was the ONLY ONE who lived this style 100%.) suramunigaLu tamma hrudaya gafvara dalli paramAtmana kANade arasuvaru dorakAda vastuvu dorakItu tamagendu harushAdindali ninna karedetii kombuvaru |1|

Meaning: Saints, who have struggled to see God in their hearts, if they see you playing outside, will take you away, thinking that they got something invaluable. agaNitaguNa ninna jagada nAriyarella hageyAgi nuDivarO gopAlanE magugaLa mANikya tagutitu karakendu vegAdindali bandu bigidappikombuvaru |2| Meaning:

For Ladies (gopIs) you are everything inspite of their chides (against you). They will definitely take you away when they see you thinking that they got the gem amongst children! diTTa nAriyarella isTava salisendu aTTaTTi bennaTTi tiruguvarO srushTIsha purandara viTTala rAyane isTishTu beNNeyA koTTenO rangayya |3| Meaning : Women who are doing vratAs to get their wants will come following you, to pester you to give them their wants. They will show some butter and will try to take you away.

In the second song amongst navarantagaLu from purandara dAsa, the dAsa has made a comparison between sugar candy and hari nAma. He proves that hari nAma is a better sugar candy. 2. kallu sakkare koLLirO nIvellaru kallu sakkare koLLirO |p|

Meaning :

Buy the sugar candy, all of you. kallu sakkare savi ballavare ballaru pulla locana sri krishNa nAmavemba |a| Meaning : The sweetness of the sugar candy called 'krishnA nAma' is known only to those who have enjoyed that. ettu hErugaLilla hottu mAruvudalla ottatti gONiyoLu tumbuvudalla etta hOdaru bADige sunkavidakilla uttama sarakidu atilAbhabaruvanta |1| Meaning : This sugar candy need not be taken on a ox, this need not be kept filled in gunny bags (for preserving), this need not be paid taxes, this is the best product which can also give best returns. nashTabILuvudalla nAta huTTuvudalla eshTu oydaru bele rokka vidakilla kaTTiruve tindu kaDimeyAguvudalla paTTaNadoLage prasidhdha vAgiruvanta |2| Meaning : This sugar candy will always give us profit, will never get rot, costs nothing, will not get spoiled by ants, and thus this sugar candy is very popular in the towns. sante santege hOgi shramapadisuvudalla sante yoLege yiTTu mAruvudalla santasa baktara nAlige savigOLipa kAnta purandara viTTala nAma vemba |3| Meaning : This need not be taken from one market place to another (to sell), this sugar candy makes the buyers' (bhaktAs) tongue sweet, and this sugar candy is nothing but 'purandara viTTala's nama (name)'. In this third amongst navaratnAs, sri purandara dAsa has brought the charm and beauty of sri rAma. He praises him as the perfect in all respects and glorifies Him. 3. jaya jAnakI kAnta jaya sAdhujana vinuta |p| jayasumahimAnanta jaya bhAgyavanta |a| Meaning : Glory to jAnaki's (sIta's) husband, Glory to the person who protects good people, Glory to the person who has infinite qualities and noble. dasharatha maga vIra dashakaNTa samhAra

pashupatIshvara mitra pAvana caritra kusumabANasama svarUpa kushalakIrti kalApa asama sAhasa shiksha ambujadaLAksha |1| Meaning : Glory to son of dasharata, the person who killed rAvaNa (dashakaNTa), friend of shiva, the person with noble gestures, the person who looks like manmatha, the person with immense power, the person with eyes resembling lotus petals. sAmagAnavilOla sAdhujana paripAla kAmitArtha pradAta kIrti sanjAta sOmasUrya prakAsha sakala lOkAdIsha sri mahA raghu vIra sindhugambIra |2| Meaning : Glory to the Lord, who likes music, who protects good people, who gives to them their wants, who is as bright as sun or moon, king of the entire univers, Glory to raghuvIra, who is as calm as sea. sakala shAshtra vicAra sharaNajanamandAra vikasitAbujasadana visvamayasadana sukruta mOkshAdhIsha sAkEtapuravAsa bhakuta vatsala rAma purandara viTala |3| Meaning : Glory to the person, who knows all shastrAs, the person who forgives (the mistakes) of people who beg for pardon, whose house is this entire universe, the person who gives salvation to bhaktAs, the person who lives in sAkEta pura (ayOdhya), Glory tomy Lord, rAma, purandara viTala. In this third amongst navaratnAs, sri purandara dAsa has brought the charm and beauty of sri rAma. He praises him as the perfect in all respects and glorifies Him. 4. jaya jAnakI kAnta jaya sAdhujana vinuta |p| jayasumahimAnanta jaya bhAgyavanta |a| Meaning : Glory to jAnaki's (sIta's) husband, Glory to the person who protects good people, Glory to the person who has infinite qualities and noble. dasharatha maga vIra dashakaNTa samhAra pashupatIshvara mitra pAvana caritra kusumabANasama svarUpa kushalakIrti kalApa asama sAhasa shiksha ambujadaLAksha |1| Meaning : Glory to son of dasharatha, the person who killed rAvaNa (dashakaNTa), friend of shiva, the person with noble gestures, the person who looks like manmatha, the person with immense power, the person with eyes resembling lotus petals. sAmagAnavilOla sAdhujana paripAla kAmitArtha pradAta kIrti sanjAta sOmasUrya prakAsha sakala lOkAdIsha sri mahA raghu vIra sindhugambIra |2| Meaning : Glory to the Lord, who likes music, who protects good people, who gives to them their wants, who is as bright as sun or moon, king of the entire univers, Glory to raghuvIra, who is as calm as sea. sakala shAshtra vicAra sharaNajanamandAra vikasitAbujasadana visvamayasadana sukruta mOkshAdhIsha sAkEtapuravAsa bhakuta vatsala rAma purandara viTala |3| Meaning : Glory to the person, who knows all shastrAs, the person who forgives (the mistakes) of people who beg for pardon, whose house is this entire universe, the person who gives salvation to bhaktAs, the person who lives in sAkEta pura (ayOdhya), Glory to my Lord, rAma, purandara viTala. In this song, sri purandara dAsa clarifies that God (shri hari) is everything and he can do good or bad to anyone he likes. So, we have to go for Him for anything. 5. sakala graha bala nInE sarasijAkshA |p| nikhila rakshaka nIne vishwavyApakanE |a| Meaning : O Lord with eyes resembling lotus, you are the one who has powers of all grahAs (planets), and protects the entire universe. (which means there is no meaning if we pray shani/rAhu/kEtu etc without praying shri hari). ravi candra budha nInE rAhu kEtuvu nIne kavi guru shaniyu mangaLanu nInE divarAthriyu nIne nava vidhAnavu nIne bhavarOgahara nIne bEshajanu nInE |1| Meaning : You are sun, moon, venus, or comets, saturn, or any other planet. You are day or night, you are the nine vidhAnAs (6 vedAngAs, mImAmsa, nyAya, vyAkaraNa), you are the physician who can cure 'bhava' disease (which makes us take birth in this world). pakshmAsavu nIne parva kAlavu nIne nakshatra yOga tithi karaNa nIne akshayavAgi draupatiya mAnakAyda pakshivAhana nIne rakshakanu nInE |2| Meaning : You are the pakshamAsa (the month which is suitable to give tarpaNa to our forfothers), you are the parva kAla (eclipse), you are good times or inauspicious times, you, the one who protected draupadi by giving infinite saree, are the one who has garuDa as your vehicle and protects everyone. rutu vatsaravu nIne pruthivigAdiyu nInE kratu hOma yagna sadgatiyu nInE jitavAgiyennoDeya purandara viTalane shrutige silukada apratima mahima nInE |3| Meaning : You are rutu vatsara, ugAdi (year begining), all kinds of hOmas, and yagnas, you are the one to be reached (mOksha), O my Lord, purandara viTala, you are the one who is beyond even the vEdAs (the one who cannot be known just by vEdAs either). In this song, sri purandara dAsa clarifies that God (shri hari) is everything and he can do good or bad to anyone he likes. So, we have to go for Him for anything.

In this song, shri purandara dAsa has shown his immense faith in God. He says when he is meditating on the Lord nobody can even touch him let alone harm him. 6. nA ninna dhyAna doLiralu mikka hIna mAnavarEnu mADa ballarO ranga |p| Meaning : O Lord, when I am meditating on you, those people (who envy him and try to hurt his feelings) cannot ever do any harm to me maccarisuvarella kUDi mADuvudEnu accyuta ninadondu dayeyiralu vAtslya biDadiru ninna nambide dEva kiccige iruve muttuvude kELalO ranga |1| Meaning : People who envy on me, cannot do anything to me, if your blessings in there on me. Please continue to show me care. O Lord, then, these people cannot dare touch me, like ants cannot touch fire. dhALili kudure vaiyAradi kuNiyalu dhULu raviya mEle musukuvude tALidavarige virudhdha lOkadoLuNTe gALige giriyu allADa ballude ranga |2| Meaning : If a horse in a battle dances in fancy then does the dust cover the sun? Is there anything against patient people and can wind blow up a hill? kannaDiyOLagina gaNTu kaNDu kaLLa kannavikkavana vashvahude ninna nambalu muddu purandara viTala cinnakke purandaraviTTante ahudu ranga |3| Meaning : Can a thief burgle the treasure seen in the mirror? It is just like made gold shine better, that I keep faith in you, O purandara viTala (You are like Gold, my faith is like made Gold shine) Here is the sixth 'navaratna' from sri purandara dAsa. In this, he brings out nicely the playful acts of shri bAlakrishNa and His dress. 7. bandanEne ranga bandanEne enna |p| tande bAlakrishNa navanIta chOra |a| Meaning : Did bAlakrishNa, my father, ranga, the butter thief, come to me? (asks yashOda) ghalu ghalu ghaluremba ponnandige gejje hoLe hoLe hoLe yuva pAdavanUruta nali nali nalidADuta ungura araLele thaLa thaLa thaLa hoLeyuta shri krishNa |1| Meaning : Did vAsudEva come with 'gejje' making the sound 'ghalu', with sparkling feet, with ring on his toe finger, with shining body. kiNi kiNi kiNI remba karada kankaNa jhaNa jhaNa jhaNa remba naDuvina ghaNTe dhaNa dhaNa dhaNa remba pAdada toDavina miNa miNa miNa kuNidADuta shri krishNa |2| Meaning : Did He come with kaNkaNa (on the forehead), with bell on His pelvis, playing all along? hiDi hiDi hiDi yendu purandara viTalana duDu duDu duDu duDane ODuta naDi naDi naDI yendu pellane piDiyalu biDi biDi biDi dammayya ennuta shri krishNa |3| If he has come, try to catch Him, do not allow him to run away again, when we ask Him to come, he will beg us to leave him. But do not do that!

In this song, purandara dAsa has described uDupi shri krishNa. 8. krishNamUrti kaNNa munde nintidantide |p| kashTagaLellava pariharisi mana dishTArthagaLanella koTTu rakshisuvanta |a| Meaning : When we see (uDupi) krishNa, it looks as though sri krishNa himself is standing in front of us, who will protect us from all the difficulties, and giving as all our needs/likes. mastakadali mANikada kirITa kastUri tilakadi hOLeva lalATa shishtili koLalanUduva OrenOTa kaustubha eDabaladalli OlATa |1| Meaning : He has got kirITa studded with gems on his head, kastUri tilaka on his forehead. He also has flute in his hand, and the gem (kaustuba) in his garland is moving both sides. maghamaghisuva sobagina suLiguruLu ciguru tulasi vanamAleya koraLu bagebage hoNNunguraviTTa beraLu sobagina nAbhiya tAvareyaraLu |2| Meaning :

He has got tuLasi garland, different types ornaments on his navel and fingers. uDudAra vaDyANa sakalAbharaNa beDagu pItAmbara shataravi kiraNa kadaga gaggara peNDeyaniTTu caraNa oDeya purandara viTTalana karuNa |3| Meaning : He is been decorated with uDidAra on his abdomen, golden clothing which is shining like many suns, 'gejje' in his feet and that feet should do us some blessings. In this song, sri purandara dAsa has described the way shri krishNa dances on the hood of kALinga sarpa once in his childhood. 9. ADidanO ranga adhbutadindali kALingana phaNiyali |p|

Meaning :

ranga played on the hood of the kALinga incredibly (since He was a child then). pADidavarige bEDida varagaLa nIDutali dayamADutali nali dADutali beNNebEDutali krishNa |a| Meaning : krishNa, was dancing on kALinga giving all the people their wants who prayed Him, asking for butter. amburuhOdbava akhiLasuraru kUDi ambaradali nintu avar stustise rambe Urvashi ramaNiyarellaru candadim bharata nAtyava naTise jhaM taTa taka dhiM tadhi niNi tOM endu jhampe tALadi tumburannoppise |1| Meaning : In the skies, all the devatAs together started praying Him, apsarAs like rambe Urvashi started dancing bharatanATya playing jham taTa... suraru pushpavavrusTiya kareyalu sudatiyarellaru pADalu nAgakannikeyaru nAthana bEDalu nAnAvidadi stutimADalu rakkasarellaru kakkasavane kaNDu dikki dikkige ODalu |2| Meaning : DevatAs showered flowers on Him, all the gOpIs sang in praise of the Lord, nAgakannikAs begged for mercy in various forms, asurAs seeing the scene fled in all directions. cikkavanivanalla purandara viTala venkaTaramaNa bEga yashOde binkadoLetti muddADe shri krishNa |3| Meaning : If this is done by (child) krishNa, He cannot be a (mere) small kid, He is purandara viTala, so, O yashOde, please come fast and caress Him.

In this ninth and the last song (amongst navaratnagaLu), sri purandara dAsa is praying the Lord to come fast to him and bless him, since he wants to see Him as early as possible. (This song shows purandara dAsa's immense desire to see and love God, which is greatest qualities amongst dAsas) 9. ODi barayya vaikuNTa pati ninna nODuve mana daNiyA |p| Meaning :

Come fast O ranga, you are the king of vaikUNta, I want to see you upto my satisfaction. nODi matADi muddADi santOshadi pADi pogaLuvenO paramapurusha ninna |a| Meaning : I want to see you, talk to you, caress you, and then sing prasing your qualities in ecstacy. kendAvare polvA pAdagaLinda ranga dimi dimi dimi yendu naliyutali anduge kirugejje nalidADutA barO mangaLa mUruti parama purusha hari |1| Meaning : Your feet resembles lotus petals, come running and let your gejje make 'dimi dimi' sound, O Lord, you are the parama purusha. mangalAnga mohana kAya ranga sangEta lOla sadguNa shIlA anganeyarigella ati priyanAdanta mangaLa mUruti purandara viTTala |2| Meaning :

Your body is noble (without any faults), you are the lover of music, you have infinite qualities. All the ladies (gOpIs) around like you very much, so please come fast O purandara viTala. 10. nere nambidhe madh hrudaya mantapa dOlu pariShObhisuthiru Sri pAnduranga sharana janara samsAra mahA bhaya harana karuna siri Sri pAnduranga Meaning... Oh lord, I have belief in you, please come and reside in my heart with great brilliance, Sri pAnduranga The fear of samsAra is destroyed for those who have taken refuge in you, Sri pAnduranga neredhiha bahujana rOlu iDharu mana sthira vidu ninnali Sri pAnduranga pari pari kelasavu ninna mahA pooje nirutha yanage kodu Sri pAnduranga Meaning... Although I may be in a group of people, please make my mind focussed at your great pAda, Sri pAnduranga. All the work that is done, let it be your pooja, please give this mentality always, Sri pAnduranga. para dEvane ninna leela smruthiyanu nirutha yanage kodu Sri pAnduranga pararApEkshaya bidisi niranthara paragathi patha thOru Sri pAnduranga Meaning... The supreme lord, give me an opportunity to praise your leelas always, Sri pAnduranga Please do not make me to ask worldly things and please show me the path to vaikunta, Sri pAnduranga. sukhavAgali bahu dhukhavAgali sakha nEnAgiru Sri pAnduranga nikhilAnthargatha sri vYasa vittala thava mukha pankaja thOrO Sri pAnduranga Meaning... Whether I am happy or sad, please be my best friend, Sri pAnduranga Oh lord, the one who is present everywhere in this universe, please show me your beautiful face Sri pAnduranga. nere nambidhe ...

bhAratIramaNamukhyaprANA.ntargata shrii kR^iShNArpanamastu