IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Clarification reqd-Srartham food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected vaishnava members,

I am from the younger generation who has begun to perform Srartham for my father in law.

As a practice in our place we do add sugar, green chillies and many more things on the day.

Request the elders to clarify if using these ingredients, could we prepare any dish. For example poli, avial etc...

Also, they say, if the vegetable is in the genre of some other vegetable, (eg. capsicum is in the family of chillies) could we substitute.

Regards,

Jaishree.

Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

Guest guest

Dear Jaisree madam, Nmaskaram first of i appreciate ur eager to know about the tradition, some alternate is there if u didn't get red chillies and pepper u can use it otherwise it is not at all accept reg sugar it is also used for pervious day oru podhu but not in srartham days our elders put these sampradhayam for our health yearly once r twice if we will eat like these food our system will be clean and overall that is the reason so try to avoid jaggery is better than sugar pepper is better than chillies capsicum also we wont usethats all anyway try to do better thing follow our elders bye radhasureshjaishree ranganathan <shree_raj2003andavan Sent: Fri, March 12, 2010 8:48:19 AM Clarification reqd-Srartham food

Respected vaishnava members,

I am from the younger generation who has begun to perform Srartham for my father in law.

As a practice in our place we do add sugar, green chillies and many more things on the day.

Request the elders to clarify if using these ingredients, could we prepare any dish. For example poli, avial etc...

Also, they say, if the vegetable is in the genre of some other vegetable, (eg. capsicum is in the family of chillies) could we substitute.

Regards,

Jaishree.

Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.