IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How to Develop Exclusive Devotion like Hanumanji?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On this very special day - WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY HANUMAN JAYANTI. The

question that comes to mind is how to develop exclusive devotion like Hanumanji,

where there is love, sweetness and attraction for only Shri Ram. Please site

short incidents in His life that helps increase devotion for Lord Ram.

Bala GK

-----------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Hanumanji, did two things very well. Served the world and remembered God.

Hanumanji's only concern in life was to do Lord Ram's work. Lord Shiv has

assumed the form of Hanumanji only to serve Lord Ram. Let us therefore be eager

to do God's work. Only God is mine, no one else is. Ram Ram

-----------------

RELATED GITA-TALK TOPICS DISCUSSED IN 2009:

BHAKTI YOG (DISCIPLINE OF DEVOTION, LOVE)

God Reciprocates the Sentiments of His Devotees Gita 4:11 – Share

/message/2389

DEPENDENCE ON AND REPOSE IN PARAMAATMAA AT ALL TIMES, HOW?

/message/2610

What is meant by PREM? Help me articulate !

/message/2807

Devotional Love and It's Fruits - Please Elaborate

/message/2761

Thoughts on Seeing God's Grace in Both Favorable and Unfavorable Situations

/message/2961

---------------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the

extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites.

7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).

8. Do not personalize message

9. All responses may not be posted.

10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.

11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-

sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.

Provide English word bracketed.

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message:

Subscribe: -

Un: -

Guest guest

On this very special day - WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY HANUMAN JAYANTI. Thequestion that comes to mind is how to develop exclusive devotion like Hanumanji,where there is love, sweetness and attraction for only Shri Ram. Please siteshort incidents in His life that helps increase devotion for Lord Ram.Bala GK-----------------

NEW POSTING

Dear Sadhakas, Hare Krishna. This is in response to the issue of devotion. Hanuman proved to us that Lord Rama lives in his heart. Lord also lives in our hearts. Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita,"Yo mam evam asammudho,Janati purushottamam,Sa sarva vid bhajati mam,Sarva bhavena bharata. "( Gitaji, 15,19)Which means,'Who ever knows Me as the supreme personality of Godhead, without any doubt, is the knower of every thing and that person engages in full devotional service to Me. 'Once we accept Him as our Lord and trust Him completely, then we realise Him easily. Hanuman's devotion is complete and our devotion should be the same. Devotional service will get us there. Wish you a Happy Hanuman Jayanti. Thank You. Hare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D

-------

Dear Ones, Namaste!In the deepest sense, Lord Shri Rama is the expression of Unconditional Love, Dharma itself which is righteousness in speech and actions, and flow of Compassion, Humility, Peace! Lord Rama dwells in all hearts(symbolized by the name Rama) should be the recognition at all times! Hanumanji, is attracted towards these qualities in Rama being an expression of Devotion himself!You will notice the moment you say "Lord Rama", in your experience, all such divine qualities of Lord rushes in, along with an idol of Him created in mind by what has been heard, seen, read about Shri Rama! So, if one pays attention to these qualities in both Hanumanji and Rama, more devotion pours out!Also, watch Ramayana(Ramanand Saagar) as often as you can in addition to just reading only!Hearing the name of Lord is very important aspect of Sadhana! Get lost while watching, in the sense, just notice devotion flowing, tears coming out, mellowing taking place etc!It helps to know that one is attracted towards qualities in a person's being, "person" being an excuse. "God" is the experience of God's qualities only! Finally, all bodies are symbols of divine qualities, sentient or otherwise!Namaskar.........Pratap Bhatt

-

Shree Hari Ram RamHanumanji, did two things very well. Served the world and remembered God.Hanumanji's only concern in life was to do Lord Ram's work. Lord Shiv hasassumed the form of Hanumanji only to serve Lord Ram. Let us therefore be eagerto do God's work. Only God is mine, no one else is. Ram Ram-----------------RELATED GITA-TALK TOPICS DISCUSSED IN 2009:BHAKTI YOG (DISCIPLINE OF DEVOTION, LOVE)God Reciprocates the Sentiments of His Devotees Gita 4:11 – Share/message/2389DEPENDENCE ON AND REPOSE IN PARAMAATMAA AT ALL TIMES, HOW?/message/2610What is meant by PREM? Help me articulate !/message/2807Devotional Love and It's Fruits - Please Elaborate/message/2761Thoughts on Seeing God's Grace in Both Favorable and Unfavorable Situations/message/2961---------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

On this very special day - WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY HANUMAN JAYANTI. Thequestion that comes to mind is how to develop exclusive devotion like Hanumanji,where there is love, sweetness and attraction for only Shri Ram. Please siteshort incidents in His life that helps increase devotion for Lord Ram.Bala GK-----------------

NEW POSTING

Very interesting question - how to develop exclusive devotion like Hanumanjee!! Indeed!!

100% Submission!

No memory of self-capacities or capabilities - but ready to do anything at one call of Lord.

Always lost in Lord's memory alone.

Chant His name without break - not externally necessarily but internally for sure!!

Do anything but for Him.

Never care of self-prestige but all for Him, with Him and of Him!

These are very simple steps, let us follow with immense faith that there is nothing other than Lord in this world or any other. He is One the Supreme Master of Whole Universe, nothing is beyond Him. He is beyond all, but very truly He is in all!!

Harih Harah!

Pravin ChoudharyAt His Refuge Always!!

-----------

Dear Sadaks,Hanuman Swamy was serving Sri Rama only for Loka Kalyan. HE served Sri Krishna also. HE still lives of To day by the boon of Maatha Seetha. Sastras say HIS austral body after Maha Pralaya will become Sri Bhramaji in next creation beginning. HE showed us the way how to lead Dharmic divine life. HE was never a mistake maker. Though at one instance HE made wrong thought, He immediately reversed HIS thinking. But Sri Rama calls HIM at the war between them (Sri Rama Anjineya Yudh) that Hanuman showed his monkey brain. HE remained undisturbed. HE was a great teacher, Guru, Guide, Devotee, Bhramacharyi. Bow down to HIM and it is like bowing down 10 times to Sri Rama.B.Sathyanarayan.

FROM AN OLDER POSTING

Dear Shri Kadamji,"Bhagwat Prem" (Love for God) is the rarest thing one can aspirefor. Truly it is said to be higher than 'Moksha' or 'Sakshatkar'. Itis said that one can learn to love god only and only by keepingcompany of those who love / loved God.In view of this and in view of your desire for love for God, instead of reading and contemplating on Gitaji, it may be far more meaningful to read about the life of the Great Premi Bhaktas. Inkaliyug, there have been only two premi bhaktas, who became one with God in their physical form. (Ve apne sharir ke sath hi bhagwan mein sama gaye). They are Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Meera Bai. I would strongly recommend that you read about them. The best book onChaitanya Mahaprabhu that I have come across is "Chaitanya Charitamrit" by Prabhu Datt jiBrhamachari. This should be available fron Gita Press shop. I have been wanting to read similar literature on Meera Bai. But I have not been able to lay my hands on the same. (If any sadhak has come across any good book on Meera Bai, please let me know the name of book and it's publisher).Additionally, you could read "Bhakta Mal"(This is not a Gita Press publication). Another Gita Press book is "Bhakt Charitank". Here I would recommend that you read characters of Bhaktas of Kaliyug only. The reason is, if you read characters of Bhaktas of Satyug, you may tend to get disheartened as it would say that this Bhakta did 'Tapasya' for 10,000 years and so on. We in kaliyug just don't have that kind of time.This will certainly generate love for God in your heart and definitely, there will be no fear of the type you may be getting by reading Gitaji.Finally, in the words of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu "Harernamaiv, Harernamaiv, Harernamaiv Kevalam, Kalau Nastyeva, Nastyeva, Nastyeva Gatiranyatha". And in the words of Meera Bai "Mere to Girdhar Gopal"A.H.Dalmia----------------------------Shree Hari Ram Ram

Dalmiaji, we have not heard from you in a long time... Please join us again!

Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

-----------

Dear Sadhakas, Hare Krishna. This is in response to the issue of devotion. Hanuman proved to us that Lord Rama lives in his heart. Lord also lives in our hearts. Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita,"Yo mam evam asammudho,Janati purushottamam,Sa sarva vid bhajati mam,Sarva bhavena bharata. "( Gitaji, 15,19)Which means,'Who ever knows Me as the supreme personality of Godhead, without any doubt, is the knower of every thing and that person engages in full devotional service to Me. 'Once we accept Him as our Lord and trust Him completely, then we realise Him easily. Hanuman's devotion is complete and our devotion should be the same. Devotional service will get us there. Wish you a Happy Hanuman Jayanti. Thank You. Hare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D

-------

Dear Ones, Namaste!In the deepest sense, Lord Shri Rama is the expression of Unconditional Love, Dharma itself which is righteousness in speech and actions, and flow of Compassion, Humility, Peace! Lord Rama dwells in all hearts(symbolized by the name Rama) should be the recognition at all times! Hanumanji, is attracted towards these qualities in Rama being an expression of Devotion himself!You will notice the moment you say "Lord Rama", in your experience, all such divine qualities of Lord rushes in, along with an idol of Him created in mind by what has been heard, seen, read about Shri Rama! So, if one pays attention to these qualities in both Hanumanji and Rama, more devotion pours out!Also, watch Ramayana(Ramanand Saagar) as often as you can in addition to just reading only!Hearing the name of Lord is very important aspect of Sadhana! Get lost while watching, in the sense, just notice devotion flowing, tears coming out, mellowing taking place etc!It helps to know that one is attracted towards qualities in a person's being, "person" being an excuse. "God" is the experience of God's qualities only! Finally, all bodies are symbols of divine qualities, sentient or otherwise!Namaskar.........Pratap Bhatt

-

Shree Hari Ram RamHanumanji, did two things very well. Served the world and remembered God.Hanumanji's only concern in life was to do Lord Ram's work. Lord Shiv hasassumed the form of Hanumanji only to serve Lord Ram. Let us therefore be eagerto do God's work. Only God is mine, no one else is. Ram Ram-----------------RELATED GITA-TALK TOPICS DISCUSSED IN 2009:BHAKTI YOG (DISCIPLINE OF DEVOTION, LOVE)God Reciprocates the Sentiments of His Devotees Gita 4:11 – Share/message/2389DEPENDENCE ON AND REPOSE IN PARAMAATMAA AT ALL TIMES, HOW?/message/2610What is meant by PREM? Help me articulate !/message/2807Devotional Love and It's Fruits - Please Elaborate/message/2761Thoughts on Seeing God's Grace in Both Favorable and Unfavorable Situations/message/2961

OTHER

How to Develop Everlasting Love and Devotion for God

/message/1598---------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

The question that comes to mind is how to develop exclusive devotion like Hanumanji,where there is love, sweetness and attraction for only Shri Ram. Please siteshort incidents in His life that helps increase devotion for Lord Ram.Bala GK-----------------

NEW POSTING

Shree Hari

|| Ram Ram ||

Dear Bala GK, thanks for a great question!

Our saints and scriptures say that when we worship a particular ideal with intense devotion, over a period of time we tend to develop some of their physical characteristics and their personal qualities. It is said that when Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa worshiped Hanumanji, he developed a small tail at the bottom of his spine.

The greatest of qualities in Hanumanji' is his humility with perfect devotion to Lord Rama , it can be said that his intense devotion forms the very base of all other qualities in him. Narada defines Bhakti (in his Bhakti Sutra) thus:"Bhakti is in the form of deep love for the manifest God. Bhakti is like a nectar, natural, whole hearted, unselfish "satwic" loving attitude towards the Lord.

While describing a Bhakta (devotee), Lord Krishna says in Gitaji (11-55):

Matkarmakrin matparamo madbhaktah sangavarjitah

nirvaiah sarvabhutesshu yah sa mam eti pandava

"O son of Pandu (Arjuna), he who is unattached to sense objects, is intensely devoted to Me, regards Me as his final refuge, discharges all legitimate activities for My sake and is not an enemy to any creature, will surely attain Me."

Adi Sankracharya regards this verse as the Gita in nutshell; for it synthesizes:

Karma Yoga (Matkarmakrin), Bhakti Yoga (madbhaktah) and Jnana Yoga (matparamo).

Five qualities mentioned in this verse, we find enshrined in Hanumanji.

1. Matkarmakrn - "He who acts for me".

The very birth of Hanuman is to accomplish Lord Rama's tasks as says Jambavan:

rama kaja lagi tava avatara (Manas; Kishikanda 3-30), 'You are born to work for Sri Rama'

Once eminded of his duty he has such a devotion to his task that he forgets all physical fatigue. After crossing the sea when Mainaka Hill invites him to take some rest he has only one answer to give-

rama kaju kinhe binu mohi kaha bisrama (Manas: Sunder: doha 1)

"How can I rest before completing the task allotted to me by Sri Rama?

We find Hanuman busy throughout the whole Ramayana in Sri Rama's work. Rama's work is dearer to him than his own life. He tells Surasa 'You can devour me after I have finished Sri Rama's work.'

2. Mataprarmo - "One who finds his ultimate success in reaching his Lord".

On many occasions in Ramayana when on being pleased with Hanuman's achievements, Lord Rama embraces him. In return Hanuman begs only that he may remain his steadfast devotee.

When he could not find the Sanjavani herb and he was passing over Ayodhya with Mandrachal Mount, Bharat, alert in the protection of Ayodhya, fells him with his arrow and at that moment also he only utters the name of Rama.

After the coronation of Sri Rama, Sitaji presents an invaluable necklace to him but Hanuman starts chewing the pearls of the necklace trying to find the name of Rama in them. All these instances are symbols of his complete surrender to Sri Rama.

3. Madbhakta "My devotee", we find Hanuman in the front rank of devotees. In the Valmiki Ramayana, he says to Rama, "O Lord, May I have everlasting love for you! The same picture is appears in Manas also "O Lord bless me with undying devotion for you, for you are a source of great bliss to me."

4. Sangvavarjita i.e., shunning the company of worldly people. Truly speaking, a devote who is immersed in the love and company of the Lord automatically loses all attachment for the petty worldly things. A person who has tasted the nectar of the Lord's company will, in fact, be completely indifferent towards uninspiring worldly objects. We find that Hanuman dedicates every moments in the service of his master, Sri Rama.

5. Nirvairah sarvabhuteshu "Total lack of ill will or hostility towards anyone"

Inspite of possessing super-human strength we do not find him making misuse of his powers anywhere. When Ravana asks, "Why did you kill the demons?" he gives simple reply, "I killed those who attacked me."

Hanuman gets the reward of his devotion when the Lord himself embraces him. What more can one achieve? His greatness lies in his complete surrender to the Lord and merges his own existence in Him. He does not have the narrow outlook of maintaining his identity and thus limiting the omnipresence of God. Therefore, from whatever point of view we see, we find that his Bhakati was so perfect that it culminated in Advaitic realization.

|| Ram Ram ||

Humble regards,Madan Kaura

--

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Shri Ramji says to Hanumanji - People regard me as impartial O Hanuman, but I do not think so as the servant is dear to me because he is singly devoted to me, such exclusive devotee and servant is exceedingly dear to Me. While characterizing a single-minded devotee Lord Rama says -

"so ananya jaake asi mati ne tarayi hanumant |

Mein sewak sacharaachar roop swami Bhagwant || (Manasa 4:3)

Hanuman, only he is solely my devotee whose intellect never deviates from the principle that only he is servant and whole world – mobile and immobile is the manifested form of the Lord. One who has such sentiment, whose intellect is so resolved, is my unalloyed devotee. The Lord taught this type of unalloyed devotion to Hanuman.

Meera Das, Ram Ram

-----

Very interesting question - how to develop exclusive devotion like Hanumanjee!! Indeed!!

100% Submission!

No memory of self-capacities or capabilities - but ready to do anything at one call of Lord.

Chant His name without break - not externally necessarily but internally for sure!!

Do anything but for Him.

These are very simple steps, let us follow with immense faith that there is nothing other than Lord in this world or any other. He is One the Supreme Master of Whole Universe, nothing is beyond Him. He is beyond all, but very truly He is in all!!

Harih Harah!

-----------

Dear Sadaks,Hanuman Swamy was serving Sri Rama only for Loka Kalyan. HE served Sri Krishna also. HE still lives of To day by the boon of Maatha Seetha. Sastras say HIS austral body after Maha Pralaya will become Sri Bhramaji in next creation beginning. HE showed us the way how to lead Dharmic divine life. HE was never a mistake maker. Though at one instance HE made wrong thought, He immediately reversed HIS thinking. But Sri Rama calls HIM at the war between them (Sri Rama Anjineya Yudh) that Hanuman showed his monkey brain. HE remained undisturbed. HE was a great teacher, Guru, Guide, Devotee, Bhramacharyi. Bow down to HIM and it is like bowing down 10 times to Sri Rama.B.Sathyanarayan.

FROM AN OLDER POSTING

Dear Shri Kadamji,"Bhagwat Prem" (Love for God) is the rarest thing one can aspirefor. Truly it is said to be higher than 'Moksha' or 'Sakshatkar'. Itis said that one can learn to love god only and only by keepingcompany of those who love / loved God.In view of this and in view of your desire for love for God, instead of reading and contemplating on Gitaji, it may be far more meaningful to read about the life of the Great Premi Bhaktas. Inkaliyug, there have been only two premi bhaktas, who became one with God in their physical form. (Ve apne sharir ke sath hi bhagwan mein sama gaye). They are Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Meera Bai. I would strongly recommend that you read about them. The best book onChaitanya Mahaprabhu that I have come across is "Chaitanya Charitamrit" by Prabhu Datt jiBrhamachari. This should be available fron Gita Press shop. I have been wanting to read similar literature on Meera Bai. But I have not been able to lay my hands on the same. (If any sadhak has come across any good book on Meera Bai, please let me know the name of book and it's publisher).Additionally, you could read "Bhakta Mal"(This is not a Gita Press publication). Another Gita Press book is "Bhakt Charitank". Here I would recommend that you read characters of Bhaktas of Kaliyug only. The reason is, if you read characters of Bhaktas of Satyug, you may tend to get disheartened as it would say that this Bhakta did 'Tapasya' for 10,000 years and so on. We in kaliyug just don't have that kind of time.This will certainly generate love for God in your heart and definitely, there will be no fear of the type you may be getting by reading Gitaji.Finally, in the words of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu "Harernamaiv, Harernamaiv, Harernamaiv Kevalam, Kalau Nastyeva, Nastyeva, Nastyeva Gatiranyatha". And in the words of Meera Bai "Mere to Girdhar Gopal"A.H.Dalmia----------------------------Shree Hari Ram Ram

-----------

-------

-

Shree Hari Ram RamHanumanji, did two things very well. Served the world and remembered God.Hanumanji's only concern in life was to do Lord Ram's work. Lord Shiv hasassumed the form of Hanumanji only to serve Lord Ram. Let us therefore be eagerto do God's work. Only God is mine, no one else is. Ram Ram-----------------RELATED GITA-TALK TOPICS DISCUSSED IN 2009:BHAKTI YOG (DISCIPLINE OF DEVOTION, LOVE)God Reciprocates the Sentiments of His Devotees Gita 4:11 – Share/message/2389DEPENDENCE ON AND REPOSE IN PARAMAATMAA AT ALL TIMES, HOW?/message/2610What is meant by PREM? Help me articulate !/message/2807Devotional Love and It's Fruits - Please Elaborate/message/2761Thoughts on Seeing God's Grace in Both Favorable and Unfavorable Situations/message/2961

OTHER

/message/1598---------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

The question that comes to mind is how to develop exclusive devotion like Hanumanji,where there is love, sweetness and attraction for only Shri Ram. Please siteshort incidents in His life that helps increase devotion for Lord Ram.Bala GK-----------------

NEW POSTING

i am glad that madan quoted 11.55 of Gita. I do not agree with AdiSankara about this Sloka. This Sloka defines bhakti unequivocally and very tersely. The definition in this Sloka is elaborated and explained in the next chapter. 11.55 defines Bhakti (Mat Bhakta) as nirvairaH sarva bhootEshu and saMgavarjita. The first quality a bhakta ought to have is amity or no enmity to any object in the universe. this concept resounds through Gita in the form of Sarvatva samam pasyati, sarva bhootahiterataa and so on. absence of any sort of possessiveness, is another.

a set of people believe that the Supreme Being should be called by a particular name. Such insistence is possessive ness. Even such seemingly devotive possessive nature is prohibited for bhakta. Read the scene when Anjaneya sees Ravana for the first time. hanumanta does not hesitate to acknowledge the brilliance of ravana, though he is an enimy by misdeeds. AnjanEya could do it because he was a bhakta and hence sarva bhoota hite rataa or nirvairassarvabhooteshu, including the being called ravana.

my dear bala GK, are you G balakrishna, by any chance? my advice is not to compare the bhakti of two persons; do not try to mimic others in their bhakti. develop your own devotion as you see it fit. Situations that made Anjaneya so great are not obtainable now. what one shd learn is their dedication to work with the complete realization that they are doing it as a service to Lord, yajjuhoshi, yadasnaati yatkaroshi tatkurushva mat arpanam. you excel in your job, leave the rest to HIM

krishna samudrala

------------------

How to Develop Exclusive Devotion like Hanumanji?

Hanuman's gesture of opening his heart to reveal Lord Rama within is the most effective picture for meditation to me as that portrays everything that the scriptures talk of for absolute emancipation ... to be blissed in the depths of Bhakti. Rama is THE VERY SOURCE OF BLISS, AS WELL AS THE BLISS, AND AS WELL AS ITS RECIPIENT. True devotion is to attain THIS BLISS constantly. One who maintains and retains nothing within one's heart so that THE BLISS remains forever is the TRUE BHAKTA. Hanuman is THAT.

Yadaa sarve pramuchyante kaamaa ye'sya hridi shritaah |

Atha martyo'mrito bhavati atra brahma samashnute ||

When one empties off all the desires one hoards within one's heart would verily become immortal as the eternity alone remains in the horizons. When, one realizes the notional nature of all the desires in this world would not cling to the same for any dependence upon them anymore. When no dependency can remain within one's heart, absolute freedom prevails as ever. The whole world becomes Rama, The Bliss, The Eternity in its complete essence.

Yadaa sarve prabhidyante hridaysyeha granthayah |

Atha martyo'mrito bhavati etaavadhyanushaasanam ||

When one tears of all his/her ties with anything and everything one could ever fathom from his heart, how can the ego that dwells only within such knots of desires and fears that bind the individual to the world for existence remain there anymore? Nothing can exist without its medium ... so is the ego. It is bound dissolve in the empty heart when all the knots within are destroyed. The Bliss, The Eternity, The Rama is BOUND TO BE THERE where there are no knots of specificity within. THAT IS THE LAW THAT EVEN RAMA CANNOT BREAK!

In a way, Hanuman binds "THE UNBINDABLE" by being boundless within. The completeness and freedom that raises within as one shifts one's locus toward The Divinity is HANUMAAN. Only HE can transcend the ocean of all the fears enroute … and, burn down the abode of all the desires encore.

Therefore, let us invoke The Hanumaan within our hearts to annihilate the massive desire-fear cluster we hoard within ... Lord Rama is just an eventuality then!

Manojavam maarutatulyavegam jitendriyam buddhimataamvarishTham |

Vaataatmajam vaanarayoothamukhyam Sriraamadootam shirasaa namaami ||

Respects.

Naga Narayana

-----

Shree Hari

|| Ram Ram ||

Dear Bala GK, thanks for a great question!

Our saints and scriptures say that when we worship a particular ideal with intense devotion, over a period of time we tend to develop some of their physical characteristics and their personal qualities. It is said that when Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa worshiped Hanumanji, he developed a small tail at the bottom of his spine.

The greatest of qualities in Hanumanji' is his humility with perfect devotion to Lord Rama , it can be said that his intense devotion forms the very base of all other qualities in him. Narada defines Bhakti (in his Bhakti Sutra) thus:"Bhakti is in the form of deep love for the manifest God. Bhakti is like a nectar, natural, whole hearted, unselfish "satwic" loving attitude towards the Lord.

While describing a Bhakta (devotee), Lord Krishna says in Gitaji (11-55):

Matkarmakrin matparamo madbhaktah sangavarjitah

nirvaiah sarvabhutesshu yah sa mam eti pandava

"O son of Pandu (Arjuna), he who is unattached to sense objects, is intensely devoted to Me, regards Me as his final refuge, discharges all legitimate activities for My sake and is not an enemy to any creature, will surely attain Me."

Adi Sankracharya regards this verse as the Gita in nutshell; for it synthesizes:

Karma Yoga (Matkarmakrin), Bhakti Yoga (madbhaktah) and Jnana Yoga (matparamo).

Five qualities mentioned in this verse, we find enshrined in Hanumanji.

1. Matkarmakrn - "He who acts for me".

The very birth of Hanuman is to accomplish Lord Rama's tasks as says Jambavan:

rama kaja lagi tava avatara (Manas; Kishikanda 3-30), 'You are born to work for Sri Rama'

Once eminded of his duty he has such a devotion to his task that he forgets all physical fatigue. After crossing the sea when Mainaka Hill invites him to take some rest he has only one answer to give-

rama kaju kinhe binu mohi kaha bisrama (Manas: Sunder: doha 1)

"How can I rest before completing the task allotted to me by Sri Rama?

We find Hanuman busy throughout the whole Ramayana in Sri Rama's work. Rama's work is dearer to him than his own life. He tells Surasa 'You can devour me after I have finished Sri Rama's work.'

2. Mataprarmo - "One who finds his ultimate success in reaching his Lord".

On many occasions in Ramayana when on being pleased with Hanuman's achievements, Lord Rama embraces him. In return Hanuman begs only that he may remain his steadfast devotee.

When he could not find the Sanjavani herb and he was passing over Ayodhya with Mandrachal Mount, Bharat, alert in the protection of Ayodhya, fells him with his arrow and at that moment also he only utters the name of Rama.

After the coronation of Sri Rama, Sitaji presents an invaluable necklace to him but Hanuman starts chewing the pearls of the necklace trying to find the name of Rama in them. All these instances are symbols of his complete surrender to Sri Rama.

3. Madbhakta "My devotee", we find Hanuman in the front rank of devotees. In the Valmiki Ramayana, he says to Rama, "O Lord, May I have everlasting love for you! The same picture is appears in Manas also "O Lord bless me with undying devotion for you, for you are a source of great bliss to me."

4. Sangvavarjita i.e., shunning the company of worldly people. Truly speaking, a devote who is immersed in the love and company of the Lord automatically loses all attachment for the petty worldly things. A person who has tasted the nectar of the Lord's company will, in fact, be completely indifferent towards uninspiring worldly objects. We find that Hanuman dedicates every moments in the service of his master, Sri Rama.

5. Nirvairah sarvabhuteshu "Total lack of ill will or hostility towards anyone"

Inspite of possessing super-human strength we do not find him making misuse of his powers anywhere. When Ravana asks, "Why did you kill the demons?" he gives simple reply, "I killed those who attacked me."

Hanuman gets the reward of his devotion when the Lord himself embraces him. What more can one achieve? His greatness lies in his complete surrender to the Lord and merges his own existence in Him. He does not have the narrow outlook of maintaining his identity and thus limiting the omnipresence of God. Therefore, from whatever point of view we see, we find that his Bhakati was so perfect that it culminated in Advaitic realization.

|| Ram Ram ||

Humble regards,Madan Kaura

--

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Shri Ramji says to Hanumanji - People regard me as impartial O Hanuman, but I do not think so as the servant is dear to me because he is singly devoted to me, such exclusive devotee and servant is exceedingly dear to Me. While characterizing a single-minded devotee Lord Rama says -

"so ananya jaake asi mati ne tarayi hanumant |

Mein sewak sacharaachar roop swami Bhagwant || (Manasa 4:3)

Hanuman, only he is solely my devotee whose intellect never deviates from the principle that only he is servant and whole world – mobile and immobile is the manifested form of the Lord. One who has such sentiment, whose intellect is so resolved, is my unalloyed devotee. The Lord taught this type of unalloyed devotion to Hanuman.

Meera Das, Ram Ram

-----

100% Submission!

Do anything but for Him.

Harih Harah!

-----------

FROM AN OLDER POSTING

-----------

-------

-

OTHER