Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What is meant by PREM?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected Sir

Jai Shri Ram

In Chapter 7, Bhagwan says that Nothing is beyond Him, " Mattah

Pertaram Naanyat - - - Sootre Maniganh ev " .

In Ram Charit Manas, Bhagwan Shankar says " Hari byapak sarvata

samaana, Prem te prakat hoi main jaana "

What exactly is meant by " Prem " . We do talk about prem routinely

but when this chaupaai crossed my mind i could exactly know or understand the

meaning of " Prem " . This means that Prem is the key to realise Him who is there

everywhere. Now that I have found the key, I do not know the meaning of Prem.

Please help me simplify the riddle. I believe that I am very close now.

Man Mohan Batra

Guest guest

Respected SirJai Shri RamIn Chapter 7, Bhagwan says that Nothing is beyond Him," MattahPertaram Naanyat - - - Sootre Maniganh ev".In Ram Charit Manas, Bhagwan Shankar says "Hari byapak sarvatasamaana, Prem te prakat hoi main jaana"What exactly is meant by " Prem ". We do talk about prem routinelybut when this chaupaai crossed my mind i could exactly know or understand themeaning of "Prem". This means that Prem is the key to realise Him who is thereeverywhere. Now that I have found the key, I do not know the meaning of Prem. Please help me simplify the riddle. I believe that I am very close now.Man Mohan Batra

--

Prem could be defined as Unconditional Love.....

Sushil Jain

--

Namaste, Dear Ones!Batraji, Prem is Love, but not in the sense of routine expression which is " I love you if you love me" kind of a love!Such love is generally dependent on certain conditions such as money, sex, etc etc. Here it is UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, which is from you to all, regardless of conditions, favorable or otherwise!It is just one way and not give and take, but only give, give and continue giving!Why?, because it recognizes no "others". It is Love that Loves Love that is Existence-Self. It is just Being in NOW.It is our nature just as light is the nature of Sun. It is more like child and mother or brother and sister, where nothing is expected! Love IS when expectations/desires of personal nature are NOT!Such Love is key because it opens all doors(hearts).Wherever eyes fall there you see GOD! Such Love is total Understanding itself, total Surrender itself to whatever is present or absent in the moment, taking Life as it is thrown at you from moment to moment! Namaskar.........Pratap Bhatt

----------------------------

Hari OmBatraji ! You indeed are close. I always felt that your Qs are very focussed, though you are not regularly deliberating.PREM is mineness with Paramatma and automatically/effortlessly manifests when you establish (accept) mineness with Him. Thus mineness (Bhakti) is both means (sadhan) and end (sadhya) ! PREM is the final fruit of Human life. Nothing is there beyond PREM.PREM is the final and ultimate goal of human life. Upon advent of Prem a human quickly experiences Vasudev Sarvam if he is non-insistent.

Establishing/accepting "mineness" with Paramatma should be 'exclusive' . It should be 'only Paramatma is mine' . It should be 'ananya' (no other is mine). The moment you firmly accept your mineness with Him....Prem starts flowing into you effortlessly.Now Batraji , have you understood meaning of chaupaai so beautifully quoted by you? PREM is the seed of VASUDEV SARVAM experience.This chaupaai proves what Param Shraddheya Swamiji Ramsukhdasji Maharaj stated in Sadhak Sanjeevani - that experience of Vasudev Sarvam is possible ONLY after manifestation of PREM in you and pre-condition for that is there should be no SARVAM....Only VASUDEV !!Said Mirabaai:Mere to Girdhar Gopal, Doosaro Na koi !!Hence Batraji - First concentrate on 'Doosaro Na Koi' , then on 'Mere to Girdhar Gopal' ! Remove inert from focus. Sentient you already are !!! Coming to Chaupaai:"Hari byapak sarvatasamaana, Prem te prakat hoi main jaana"Hari byaapak sarvatra samaana (Everything/Everywhere is God)... Prem te prakat hoi ( This experience comes to you by Prem)...main jaana (Goswamiji Maharaj/ Lord Shiva ... here confirms this fact from His 'experience' ... Main Jaana ... I have known....Jnanavaan ..BG 7/19) Pranaams ! The queries like this provide divine heights to this Gita Talk Forum of Selfless Satsanga. Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B -------------------------------

PREMA

I am in love.... Oh, I am in love !...In love I am, and have always been

Ever and ever in love....Ever and ever, the joy of love

Has been my seeking...Has been my creed

Has been His blessing.

Oh joy! I am in love....Never was there a moment, when

Love was not, I was not, nor HE, my Beloved ; oh, never indeed!

I am in love, in love am I...In the Beloved am I

And, my Beloved within me....

Engulfing me, embracing me, negating me

Partaking of me, rejoicing in me, loving me.

In oneness entwined, my Love and I

Have become Oneness, He not He, I not I

Neither He nor I.....Only Oneness...Ah !

Oneness alone is the reality of Oneness...Of Being

Of That, of which Krishna sings...The unreal has no being

There is no non-being for the real

Oh, I am in Love.

AUM

narinder bhandari

--------------------------

One-ness

One-ness,...However loud it cries,

Will always remain,.. Its own self,--------Silence.

Love,

However joyous the Union in two-ness,

Will always revel,

In its own Glory .....One-ness.

One-ness, Love, Silence, ....Sing the song of love.

In silence, they sing...The song of Silence.

In One-ness, they sing...The song of One-ness.

One-ness, Love, Silence,...Were, are, and will always be,

The joy and expression,....Of the Divine,...The One without the second.

Love is meditation, Meditation love ..........

In the Joy of Silence, the seeker and the sought are ONE

and in Meditation, the Knower , the Knowing and Knowledge

disappear in the ecstasy that is Love ...Silence, One-ness, Love

ah, I am in love !....

AUM

narinder bhandari

---

Post message:

Subscribe:

-

Un:

-

Guest guest

Respected SirJai Shri RamIn Chapter 7, Bhagwan says that Nothing is beyond Him," MattahPertaram Naanyat - - - Sootre Maniganh ev".In Ram Charit Manas, Bhagwan Shankar says "Hari byapak sarvatasamaana, Prem te prakat hoi main jaana"What exactly is meant by " Prem ". We do talk about prem routinelybut when this chaupaai crossed my mind i could exactly know or understand themeaning of "Prem". This means that Prem is the key to realise Him who is thereeverywhere. Now that I have found the key, I do not know the meaning of Prem. Please help me simplify the riddle. I believe that I am very close now.Man Mohan Batra

--

God and His devotees are the only two who are capable of PREM (doing good to all beings) without any selfish motive and promote their welfare -"Hetu rahit jag jug upkaari; Tum tumhaar sewak asuraari;Swaarth meet sakal jag maahi, sapanehu prabhu parmaarth naahi." (Manasa,Uttara, 47:3)"Sur nar muni sab kai yeh reeti, swaarth laagi karahin sab preeti." (Manasa,Uttara, 12:1)Loving without any selfish motive i.e. PREM, are only God and His devotees.

From "Discovery of Truth and Immortality" book in Hindi pg 94 by Swami Ramsukhdasji

-------------------------------What fragrance is to rose so is love to a human being. As rose sheds its fragrance and joy to every one without any kind of distinction

CK Kaul

----

-Shree Hari-Not having any knowledge of Sanskrit, I went on line and did some digging, all I could find was love.But previously I had taken on board what Brother Vyas had pointed out re BG 7/19, I had a inner feeling that I knew the profundityof a little word 'Prem' in association to gaining HIM.In my heart I translated it into Greek 'Agape' Wonderful translation of that word see here:

In his book, The Pilgrimage, author Paulo Coelho defines it as "the love that consumes," i.e., the highest and purest form of love, one that surpasses all other types of affection

And that love was in the heart of the poet St John of the Cross, (who really did suffer for the love o f God)! And wrote 'The Dark Night of the Soul', some lines of which I will paste in, it describes the painful journey of seeker to his Divine Beloved:

O, night thou was my guide!O, night more loving than the rising sun!O, night that joined the Lover to the beloved one!Transforming each of them into the other.

Upon that misty nightIn secrecy beyond such mortal sightWithout a guide or lightThan that which burned as deeply in my heart.

That fire 'twas led me onAnd shone more bright than of the midday sunTo where He waited stillIt was a place where no one else could come.

You have to look deep into those wonderful words! Note the last two lines of the first verse, I put them in italics. that love I believe is the Prem you seek!

Now from Sadhaka Sanjivani, comment by Swamiji on BG 7/19: 'It is mentioned in the scriptures and the utterances of the saints that the only aim of life is to attain salvation, it is not for enjoying pleasures of the world, and heaven.'

Thus the Love that only wants HIM, pain, fire, poverty riches, fame, are nothing when you Love him with burning profundity. Amen.

Om... Shanti...

Mike (K).

What is meant by PREM?

Prema (The Love) is the essence of Bhakti. As Narada says, "Saa paramaprema swaroopaa" - Bhakti is the Absolute Love in assence

Often, we mislead ourselves that we do love something as if the love is under our spell. In reality, the love oozes out whenever an individual comes across something that resonates within. When you see your baby, the love comes out naturally. When one sees one's spouse, parents, siblings, friends, and everything that has developed certain inherent comfort within one's life, the love is emoted from within.

The emotion may be triggered due to the interaction with the world around … but, it is always there within to surface. Its presence transcends any relation. Same way, certain activity may emote the love in us. Yet, its origin remains within. Both relations and acts can only facilitate the mechanism to surface itself into the perceptional planes. Therefore, the love is niether an act nor anything borrowed from around.

Actually, The Love is experienced only under one condition … absolute merger of oneself and the rest of the world! One may acknowledge the fact a posteriori or may fail to do so. Irrespectively, ask anyone who takes a dip in the Serene Stream of love regarding how was that ... "Wonderful! Nothing exists!!" would be the answer. What does that mean? The individual has mitigated one's subjectivity completely in the experience. So are the objects and the activities around. Perfect union of the subject and objects has been facilitated in the blissful experience of The Love irrespective of what triggered the phenomena. The one who recieves the bliss and the ones who triggers the same are no more different at that point.

It is this absolute resonance between the percieved multiplicity that triggers the dissolution of the cognitive fragments into the absyss of the unity which is the true nature of everyone. As one attains one's true nature, the effortlessness of copleteness within and carefreeness of freedom fills in the whole existence with the ecstatic bliss being oneself. Due to our limitation of relative appreciation, we erroneously project the phenomena onto an object that seemed to trigger the experience.

In other words, The Love is the reality that stays within forever and something had blocked the awareness of the same. Therefore, Narada says, "Saa paramaprema swaroopaa" - Bhakti is the absolute Love in assence. He also axalts further, The Love is complete because all the three principles explained elaborately in the scriptures - Karma (objective interactions), Gnyaana (subjective awareness) and Yoga (the bridge between the inner and outer worlds, experience) - are absolutely merged within The Love and absolutely encompassed by The Love at the same time. He says, "Saa Karmagnyaanayogaadadhikataraa", The Love transcends the trifold existence altogether while absorbing all from within as well as around. Why? "Phalaswaroopattvaat" he says. The Love is the seed for all the activities, perceptions and experiences as well as the fruit of all the activities, perceptions and experiences.

In other words, The Love is THE ESSENCE of the life as such. And, the trifold life is submitted to that eternally in its existence (Sat), in its awareness (Chit) as well as in its experience (Ananda). In other words, The Love is the eternal nectar of SATCHIDAANANDA as such.

Yes … The Love is not under our spell … but, the trigger is … JUST BE … that is enough. That is Prema … That is Bhakti.

Yatvaatmaratirevasyaat aatmatripashcha maanavah |

Aatmanyeva tu santushTah tasya kaaryam na vidyate ||

JUST BE ... YOU ARE ... NOTHING ELSE ... then, what else other than THE BLISS be there ... nothing can exist there ... no world ... no acts ... JUST THAT ...

Love.

Naga Narayana.

------------

Hi-Namaskar to everybody.

Thanks to Vinay for taking me on board this group.

From a practical point of view LOVE is

1) Absence of Ego and liking for,with appreciation, the whole creation,sorroundings,environment,the earth,below the earth and above the earth.Everything, everybody,everywhere. Then

2) A deep sense of gratitude to be a part of such an universe.Selfless service of it in whatever way possible on a daytoday basis.Then

3) Shivoham. Chidananda Rupa Shivoham Shivoham.............the six stanzas.

Cheers,

Sunil Mor

Prem, although an abstract emotion, is an embodiment of all of the following concepts---

It is like LOVE of a mother towards its offspring, who takes care of the child's feeding, sleep and cleaning, when it is not able to communicate; or for its young child learning to walk or crawl; or as a slightly older child that needs a friend or learns new words, song or music; as even older child that needs to be corrected when wrong, admonished when necessary and appreciated when something beautiful is performed; sacrifial to the point of waiting for the child to come home before dinner is served, or even donation of an organ if necessary; and an older young person that needs a neutral beneficial advice in pursuit of a career or a lover.

It is like LOVE of a Friend, non-judgemental, beneficial, and sacrificial; where the friend is even willing to give one's life to save the friend.

It is like the LOVE of a Lover, sacrificial, intimate and tolerant of the other's misgivings.

It is like the LOVE of a Guru for his / her Shishya, tolerant of mistakes, and teaching appropriately without holding anything back; and of the Shishya for his Guru.

It is like the LOVE of the soldier for his country and flag, despite the knowledge that he may die defending its honor and values.

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

--------

Prema

the false ............... the true .....

To Krishna ...With folded hands... Did nari bow...Praying lovingly..For death divine....

Krishna laughingly looked at nari...Eyes accusing yet Lips smiling ...

His flute pointing mischievously.....Nari , my love, look at yourself ...

The Falsehood of your heart !.... You ask for Death.... But long for Life !

Eternal Life ! ...But ... Be free from fear, nari...I am He , Krishna

Your Beloved Krishna . And.... Grant you, I certainly shall ..

What nari asks, ..For dear to me .. My own self...

Is my own Desire ... For Being just what I am !

To Krishna..With folded hands... Did nari bow... And receive the Gift

That only Krishna 's heart could hold !...

LOVE

Love...When it blossoms in the Heart....Showers its own wisdom on the Mind..

And Here and Now... The Mind knows !!....Yes, Love itself is wisdom

Is the teacher willing...To share the joy of Being... With all, who are willing!!

Love is Love, just Love...The quality of Love... Is not the fire of Desire

It is the cooling peacefulness....Of the ambrosia divine.

Bliss it is ...And yet, an ache...A yearning....A desire.... To be just the Self

One's own self , and Yourself .....And...

Krishna it is. the fountainhead of Prema .....Krishna is Prema , and Prema Krishna

Krishna alone is , and His play .............. Prema ¦.......... aum

AUM

narinder bhandari

----------------------

Prem could be defined as Unconditional Love.....

Sushil Jain

--

Namaste, Dear Ones!Batraji, Prem is Love, but not in the sense of routine expression which is " I love you if you love me" kind of a love!Such love is generally dependent on certain conditions such as money, sex, etc etc. Here it is UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, which is from you to all, regardless of conditions, favorable or otherwise!It is just one way and not give and take, but only give, give and continue giving!Why?, because it recognizes no "others". It is Love that Loves Love that is Existence-Self. It is just Being in NOW.It is our nature just as light is the nature of Sun. It is more like child and mother or brother and sister, where nothing is expected! Love IS when expectations/desires of personal nature are NOT!Such Love is key because it opens all doors(hearts).Wherever eyes fall there you see GOD! Such Love is total Understanding itself, total Surrender itself to whatever is present or absent in the moment, taking Life as it is thrown at you from moment to moment! Namaskar.........Pratap Bhatt

Hari OmBatraji ! You indeed are close. I always felt that your Qs are very focussed, though you are not regularly deliberating.PREM is mineness with Paramatma and automatically/effortlessly manifests when you establish (accept) mineness with Him. Thus mineness (Bhakti) is both means (sadhan) and end (sadhya) ! PREM is the final fruit of Human life. Nothing is there beyond PREM.PREM is the final and ultimate goal of human life. Upon advent of Prem a human quickly experiences Vasudev Sarvam if he is non-insistent.

Establishing/accepting "mineness" with Paramatma should be 'exclusive' . It should be 'only Paramatma is mine' . It should be 'ananya' (no other is mine). The moment you firmly accept your mineness with Him....Prem starts flowing into you effortlessly.Now Batraji , have you understood meaning of chaupaai so beautifully quoted by you? PREM is the seed of VASUDEV SARVAM experience.This chaupaai proves what Param Shraddheya Swamiji Ramsukhdasji Maharaj stated in Sadhak Sanjeevani - that experience of Vasudev Sarvam is possible ONLY after manifestation of PREM in you and pre-condition for that is there should be no SARVAM....Only VASUDEV !!Said Mirabaai:Mere to Girdhar Gopal, Doosaro Na koi !!Hence Batraji - First concentrate on 'Doosaro Na Koi' , then on 'Mere to Girdhar Gopal' ! Remove inert from focus. Sentient you already are !!! Coming to Chaupaai:"Hari byapak sarvatasamaana, Prem te prakat hoi main jaana"Hari byaapak sarvatra samaana (Everything/Everywhere is God)... Prem te prakat hoi ( This experience comes to you by Prem)...main jaana (Goswamiji Maharaj/ Lord Shiva ... here confirms this fact from His 'experience' ... Main Jaana ... I have known....Jnanavaan ..BG 7/19) Pranaams ! The queries like this provide divine heights to this Gita Talk Forum of Selfless Satsanga. Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B -------------------------------

PREMA

I am in love.... Oh, I am in love !...In love I am, and have always been

Ever and ever in love....Ever and ever, the joy of love

Has been my seeking...Has been my creed

Has been His blessing.

Oh joy! I am in love....Never was there a moment, when

Love was not, I was not, nor HE, my Beloved ; oh, never indeed!

I am in love, in love am I...In the Beloved am I

And, my Beloved within me....

Engulfing me, embracing me, negating me

Partaking of me, rejoicing in me, loving me.

In oneness entwined, my Love and I

Have become Oneness, He not He, I not I

Neither He nor I.....Only Oneness...Ah !

Oneness alone is the reality of Oneness...Of Being

Of That, of which Krishna sings...The unreal has no being

There is no non-being for the real

Oh, I am in Love.

AUM

narinder bhandari

--------------------------

One-ness One-ness,...However loud it cries,

Will always remain,.. Its own self,--------Silence.

Love,

However joyous the Union in two-ness,

Will always revel,

In its own Glory .....One-ness.

One-ness, Love, Silence, ....Sing the song of love.

In silence, they sing...The song of Silence.

In One-ness, they sing...The song of One-ness.

One-ness, Love, Silence,...Were, are, and will always be,

The joy and expression,....Of the Divine,...The One without the second.

Love is meditation, Meditation love ..........

In the Joy of Silence, the seeker and the sought are ONE

and in Meditation, the Knower , the Knowing and Knowledge

disappear in the ecstasy that is Love ...Silence, One-ness, Love

ah, I am in love !....

AUM

narinder bhandari

---

Post message:

Subscribe:

-

Un:

-