IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

yashoda's stick

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Manjula; Mother Yashoda used to show a stick to her son, but never used it. How could she? His body was too soft and tender. So, I think threatened is the better term, not beaten. AvadhootKrishna Gopal Misra <kg wrote: Dear Manjula

Patel Pranam Prem is a condition of united (or undivided) mind amongst those in love. For example, child and mother (with inseparable understanding) can do just anything as their minds, interests and goals are one. Life and death cannot separate them, and their love is extremely courageous and responsible. In love, they are at liberty, and with a greater sense of commitment. Love is certainly more than just emotion. For example; Sri Krishna was beaten up by mother Yashoda several times, only for the sake of love of one another. She knew and Sri Krishna also knew what is a limit and reason of being Him beaten up. Those in love do not see each other face to face; but in the same direction (see UPDRASTAnu MANTA CH). See Sri Krishna’s

secret technique of MAN MANA BHAV (be my mind be yours) of Bhakti. In a state of BIYOG (separation) or loss of connection or YOG BRHASTA (broken connection), emotions or boiling of memory takes place. This is an act of cleaning of all other impressions, and brings one back into a state of understanding and solitude. After the connection is established again, the BIYOG ends, and one is in control of him/herself. Regards K G Misra On Behalf Of Manjula PatelWednesday, September 13, 2006 1:49 AM Fwd: Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b dettached: relations-emotions-attach't? (3 of 8 emails) Divine All, Pranam. A thought/feeling came today on what is true love as lately we all have been talking about love... See my understanding of it below in Red. Thanks. Humble regards, always at Thy Loving Feet ---------- Forwarded message ----------Manjula Patel < manjumaa >Aug 27, 2006 12:58 AM Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b dettached: relations-emotions-attach't? (3 of 8 emails) < > Loving Divine, Pranam. We have very good discussions going on with various questions asked in this group. Thanks to all for their participation and the Moderator for facilitation. We all say and agree that we need to be detached but the key concern is 'HOW?', isn't it? To address various topics of detachment I have divided them into 8 emails so we can discuss them individually. I have also tried to provide Gita sloka or chapter or a term/word used that have addressed them but Gitaji has lot more to offer...!!! I am a strong believer that the RIGHT UNDERSTANDING is the ONLY way that can lead us to true

and deeper level of detachment. So let's expand our horizon together with Gitaji and supportive examples where applicable. Let's pour out our understanding and experiences on how to be truly detached with love & compassion - the true application of Gitaji in our life. Chapter 1 - Vishaad Yoga (Please note: provide related Gita Sloka 1st, support it with examples from other scriptures if needed) Please discuss... 1) What is relationship? Does mind & heart have to do with it? 2) What is its basis? Can one be free from relationship? if I say I am not related to you but the other person strongly believes that i am your husband or wife or son or sister, can this still bind the person who thinks he/she is free? 3) What is emotion? Is this purely a heart thing or only mind has to do all with it? 4) How emotions are generated? Can they be controlled? Can one be free of them? How? 5) Prem-bhakti, compassion, kindness - aren't these emotions? We always notice that the term 'love/prem' is used very generically, loosely to express liking, attachment, passion, lust, emotions,

compassion, kindness, etc. but are they truly reflect love? If not, why we want to associate with the emotions and not seek the true love by surrendering completely to Lord (18:62-/66)? In spiritual path, I think, the word 'love' carries completely a different meaning... Again, what I am going to say is just my understanding of what Baba has been talking all about 'love'. when one has completely surrender him/herself to Lord, he/she is at the height of their love. When seer, seen and seeing becomes one OR 'Jyaan, jyaataa aur jyeya athava kartaa, karan aur karma jab ek ho jaate hen tab sacche prem kaa udaya hotaa hai! (18:18)' That means when the lover (premi), loving (prem) and loved (premikaa) are one and the same, it gives birth to the true love like Radha became Krishna or Mira became Gopal loving him. Their true love manifested not for the object

of their love but they themselves became love. As soon as you think of these figures you can not separate them form their act of love and the object of love!!! When one is in this stage, one is truly one with all, that is true love (11:55)!!! So it is not emotion rather umm..., rather the being ITSELF; and out of it springs the emotions of kindness and compassion - the saatvik gunas! Again we are to apply everything that we discuss to our own self as we promised ourselves to look within... so let's see how it would fit... When I seek knowledge - not of the world but myself, I become jyaataa. The knowledge of myself becomes jyaan and

act of knowing, i.e., self realization or to know 'who am I?' becomes jyeya but all of it at the end is one and the same as 'I', i.e., I am jyaata, I am jyaan and I am the jyeya then only I am capable of manifesting true love (I am the lover, loving, & the beloved of my true self)... Hope I am making some sense in what I am saying... (to be continued... Plz share your thoughts, understanding, experiences to expand our horizon. Thanks.) 6) Is 'moksha' not a feeling too? 7) Can a person truly live without any emotions? Should he/she? 8) What is attachment & detachment? Thanks in advance for your participation. Love. always at Thy Loving Feet

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.