IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Manava seva

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Chandraji,

Pranams,

Do You know, I too was thinking on the same lines as you, on this matter.

The cause mooted for, is indeed very noble and ideal. Minds blessed with bhakti, can only think of charity or be moved by compassion for a fellow human being's suffering. As a result, such minds agonise when they are unable to do something to bring cheer to thosewho are suffering and they will try with all their might to reduce the suffering of others even if it is by way of a small donation. I guess, such must be the reason which prompted Seemaji to make a sincere appeal to all. now if the matter ends by making a donation it would be fine. But that is only the begining.The major task is of proper administration and disbursement of funds collected. When we think that the money is collected by the group, hence the disbursers of the same should also be selected from the group the task is a little tricky indeed. For 1. Even though group members may vote for a certain person to be the administrator, question arises whether that person has the time and inclination to take on that responsibility. 2. Chances are a dispute could arise on which organisation should be funded , how much to be funded etc. and this may leave some contributors upset if their opinion is not sanctioned.

My humble opinion is we as group members engaged partly in the chores of making a livelihood, but nevertheless sharing noble and charitable thoughts, should just take a individual vow to make a decent contribution monthly/yearly to a charity organisation with whose work we are impressed or moved with.

Our members can use this group to highlight the cause of any organisation which they feel, need funds or whatever other help. Members can choose from this and send their donation straight to the NGO which takes care of the cause.As for Ammucare, I happen to know P. K. Mohanji who is the founder of this trust and employed in Muscat.This trust is created in the name of his little daughter who was killed in a road accident. (His moving story can be read on the web and is a fine reminder of how tragedies, bring out the best in men sometimes.)Ammucare works along with Snehalaya at pallakad and this part is handled by Sunilji who is an upcoming swami. They offer love and all faclities to those afflicted by AIDS as well as to orphans.It is a good organisation to support.

I , recently met Dr.A.R.K.PILLAI of Indian Development Foundation(IDF) which apart from taking care of leprosy patients all over india, takes great pains to collect whatever one can offer by way of second- hand stuff ( clothes, computers, utensils,text books etc ) and yearly sponsorship of under-priviledged children which comes to rs.3600/- a year. They issue a receipt whenever they collect something in cash or kind and even provide you details of the beneficiary , if you are interested to know. Reason why I mentioned this particular N.G.O is If at all majority of our group still wants to form our own fund then taking a look at how IDF works by going to their website would give some idea of how to manage things and what are the responsibilties.

Maybe the Lord wants us to go out, work and offer part of our earnings gained to somebody designed by him for that type of work , but if it that also has to be some of our members ,we will take it as the wish of God and proceed. May Bhagawan guide us

The above is my humble opinion and in no way a discouraging bid to Seemaji's pure intentions of Manava Seva which indeed is Madhava Seva.

Regards .

Jayashree S Menon

guruvayur From: chandrasmenon2002Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:40:52 -0800Re: [Guruvayur] Re: Manava seva

Om Namo Narayanaya

By the grace of Lord Guruvayoorappan we all are blessed and our forum is a virtuous one and above the ground level with no physical address. Even though virtually we have not reached the top level of spirituality, we are definitely above the ordinary forums as our collective prayers are usually answered. We all, from different parts of the globe, are connected and closer mentally and spiritually, without meeting anyone physically (some fortunate ones have done that too). In our forum we have no hatred towards any but only love, faith and respect towards all. Hence it is obvious our group prayers are answered affirmatively. We have neither a physical address nor confined to one particular place. If we have to do financial transactions, we need to have a physical address, confined to one particular place, a physical body to maintain the account and observe the law of the land, and periodically reporting to the group and to the Government of its activity. This is degrading ourselves to the lower level down to earth that attract besides dust, all other vices, such as "hate", "anger", "ego" etc. There are other physical bodies and groups that do carry Manava Seva. For those who live in USA, KHNA (Kerala Hindus of North America) does distribute scholarships to the needy one in Kerala. I am a member of that body and donate my mite every year.

Few might have heard ACT (Ammucare Charitable Trust) in India

ammucare/

which accepts donations, only in Indian Rupees, and I know their performance of helping the needy is really praiseworthy.

Cant we use these forums or similar forums to fulfill our desire of "Manava Seva"? Do we -our group- need to lower our level and go DOWN?

I am only an ordinary person, assisting the Acting Moderator (Veena) in the absence of the owner/cum Moderator, Sunil Menon, (our Sarathy as justifiably described by Shri Savithri Puram) and he will decide the course of action in this matter (Manava Seva) when he return hale and hearty. His decision will be final.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

Seema Warrier <seemawarrier (AT) grouply (DOT) com>guruvayur Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:38:28 AM[Guruvayur] Re: Manava seva

Dear Veenaji,I think bank will be a good option. We can open an account in a nationalised bank. Those who want to send their contribution can send it directly to bank. We can instruct the bank to divert the funds to the causes selected by the group. I feel we can start with Ambadi orphanage and Veda teaching centre. We can fix a minimum to be transferred by the bank every half year, or annually depending on the contributions, I feel, a little more to orphanage. If any member in this group is working in a bank, they can guide us about the formalities. that way, we can ensure that the funds are transferred. I hope we can ask the bank or the person managing it to post the statements in the group so that everybody can see it.Hope we will be able to do something. Let Guruvayoorappan guide us.Jai Sree Krishnaguruvayur@grou ps.com, Veena <veeus18 > wrote:>> Om Namo Narayanaya.> > > Dear members, it is very nice to see so many members interested in participating in a worthy cause. Sunilji and I talked about this and he is very happy that members are keen on participating in manava seva. But like Chandraji and A. Nairji suggested/cautioned we also think that we need to make sure the mechanism through which the scheme is implemented is a solid one. We hope that Guruvayurappan will himself guide us to the person and the method that will make this possible; Sajanji has raised some excellent pts and so has Udaybhanuji. The main question here is how to go about doing this?> --do we identify 1/2 people for one project, members of this group, who will act as the point person for a project and will be responsible for ensuring that the money finds its way to the proper people and is used properly? and also update us on the progress?> -- do we look for a person, a member/friend/ family member in India who maybe able to make� periodic visits to the project site and give some idea of things there?> --the other alternative is identifying a bank or some other means through which to implement the project.> --what wd be the criteria for selecting the projects? HariPrasadji' s project, Vimalaji's project all are worthy causes. Shd we support one project at a time or more than one? How do we decide the project?> > If you look through the archives you will see that we have in the past talked about collecting money for Guruvayoor related projects, such as improving facilities for devotees etc; but some of us have always been a bit skeptical about bringing in money; as all of us know, money in the right hands can do wonders; in the wrong hands can put at risk the existence of this group. I am sure all of us love this group too much to let that happen.> > I would request members to take some time and think carefully on these points and come up> with some concrete ideas/suggestions: Imagine there are 10 members who give you 500 Rs every month for the next 5 years and want you to invest it in India, helping the orphans or the aged or some cause such as the Vedic school. How would you do it? Our whole emphasis has to be on> transparency and trustworthiness. When Sunilji comes back we can consider these ideas and take concrete steps to implement something. As with any good project, all it takes is for 2/3 people to have the vision and then more people will be attracted to it and help give shape to it. I would humbly request the elders to consider this seriously and share their thoughts and put forth suggestions in this regard.> > May Guruvayurappan guide us all in all our efforts. He is the Giver and the Receiver too.> > Veena.> > --- On Sat, 11/22/08, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanicka r wrote:> Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanicka r> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Saturday, November 22, 2008, 2:57 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Seema Ravindran and other Family members, � Maanava Seva, from the discussion so far, I understand that a lot of us are doing it on a personal level. But we are not much willing to do it as a group. Le t me share my thoughts and experience in this field with you all. I have been involved in this field in both ways. The effect of personal level Maanava seva has limited effect on the social structure, and it has no much of a rippling effect. It doesn�t reciprocate much or it doesn�t encourage others to do the same. But a group effort will create rippling effects and the Seva will have much more positive results. So to be more effective it has to be done in an organizational way. Until we do so it will not have any noticeable effect, at least that is what my experience is. � Two very effective and productive way of helping the> poor is to give scholarships to poor children and to give orphanages with proved track record of spending the money entirely for poor children in a very creative way. That is to orphanages which put the money to use in a very positive way and give the children a real home. I mean to give to orphanages which also do productive works other than just feeding children and try to make them productive people who will do good to the society. � I am all for such an action plan. I promise all my efforts to help such a program. � Of course money can create lot of problems, but with out that we can not survive and we can not help poor and needy people. The wealth remain with us after our legitimate and positive needs for our decent survival must be used for Maanava Seva and that money used for Seva can do a lot of good. I am sure if> we put our efforts into it we can make avoid all the ill effects some of you have pointed out and create a way to do very good Maanava Seva. Remember we are not the owners of the wealth HE gave us. We are only the mangers of it. So let us manage it the best way for all by helping the poor. That is the best bhakthi Maargam. There is no better bhakthi than Seva. Our Kannan on whose name we formed the group did not have to do all the Seva he did. But He did it to show us that Seva for the poor and needy is the best of bhakthi. So let us at least try. � Thanks to all of you.> sunil tharol <stharol > wrote: Seemaji � The Idea put forward by you is really a wonderful one and I am fully in favour of this and shall do the needful once finalised � Rgds � Sunil Tharol> > --- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:> Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Date:> Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:53 PM> > Hariji, Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.> The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group. If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs. 10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the group. It is as they say "Palla thulli peru vellam". I request all the members to think about it and let me know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable. Jai Sree> Krishna � Seema> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha@ > wrote:> harig preetha <harigpreetha@ >> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Monday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM> > � Krishna Guruvayoorappa, � Dear Seemaji, � Thanks you very much for coming out with a very constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even though we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I request all the devotees, those�who can afford, to come forward with some help for the social cause. � If any one can> make available the bank details of the veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble purpose.� � Thanks and prayers, � G. Hari Prasad> Krishna Guruvayoorappa> --- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:> Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>> [Guruvayur] Manava seva> "Guruvayur" <guruvayur@gro u ps.com>> Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM> > Respected members,> In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as> Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution.> In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent.> Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society.> This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.> Please let me know what you all think of it.> Jai Sree> Krishna> > > > > > > > Sincerely,> > Udayabhanu Panickar> aum namahh Shivaaya> The vow not to kill is great indeed, and greater still is non-eating of the flesh; There would be no butcher if there> is non to eat, In eating thus abides the cruder ill, as he is the reason for the killing.>

Team India gets set to thwart Australia's quest for the final frontier. Catch the action on MSN Try it now!

Guest guest

Seemajiiii,

it is nice idea which u said there are lot of people from our group who can give more we don't want to force anyone that u should keep limit whether it is less or more,my sujetion is that someone has to take the responsibility like our Favourite Savithriji,Dilipji etc....if they are intrested...

Ammushinu

--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrierRe: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 11:53 AM

Hariji,

Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group. If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs. 10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the group. It is as they say "Palla thulli peru vellam".

I request all the members to think about it and let me know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable.

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha@ > wrote:

harig preetha <harigpreetha@ >Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks you very much for coming out with a very constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even though we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I request all the devotees, those who can afford, to come forward with some help for the social cause.

If any one can make available the bank details of the veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble purpose.

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

--- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>[Guruvayur] Manava seva"Guruvayur" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM

Respected members,In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution. In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent. Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the

group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society. This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.Please let me know what you all think of it.Jai Sree Krishna