IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Manava seva

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected members,

In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi

orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance.

There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing

financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as Guruvayoor group, pool our

resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in

whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution.

In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute

accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya

Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can

go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent.

Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and

send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the group? I

think it will be a very good service we can do to the society.

This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan's blessings

in this endeavour also.

Please let me know what you all think of it.

Jai Sree Krishna

Guest guest

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks you very much for coming out with a very constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even though we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I request all the devotees, those who can afford, to come forward with some help for the social cause.

If any one can make available the bank details of the veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble purpose.

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

--- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier[Guruvayur] Manava seva"Guruvayur" <guruvayur >Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM

Respected members,In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution. In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent. Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the

group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society. This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.Please let me know what you all think of it.Jai Sree Krishna

Guest guest

Hari Om!

I’m for it. “favorable” - Jai Sri

Krishna.

Regards,

Guru

guruvayur [guruvayur ] On Behalf Of Seema

Ravindran

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:24 PM

guruvayur

Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva

Hariji,

Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I

received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some time back

and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But unfortunately, nobody

seems to be interested.

The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group. If all

the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs. 10/- per month

- I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we can have Rs.

100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any orphanage or any other

such good cause, as decided by the group. It is as they say " Palla

thulli peru vellam " .

I request all the members to think about it and let me

know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable.

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha

wrote:

harig preetha

<harigpreetha

guruvayur

Monday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks you very much for coming out with a very

constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even though

we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I request all

the devotees, those who can afford, to come forward with some help for

the social cause.

If any one can make available the bank details of the

veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble

purpose.

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

--- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@

grouply.com> wrote:

Seema Ravindran

<seemawarrier@ grouply.com>

[Guruvayur] Manava seva

" Guruvayur " <guruvayur@grou ps.com>

Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM

Respected members,

In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi

orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial

assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity

works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as

Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes.

Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can.

That way we can have a group contribution.

In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute

accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to

Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin.

The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the

money is spent.

Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly

and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the

group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society.

This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s

blessings in this endeavour also.

Jai Sree Krishna

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Omega Healthcare Management Services Pvt. Ltd. , and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Guest guest

When you think of donating to a worthy cause, everybody have their own preferences. An orphanage, or a Veda patasala, or a charitable organisation which gives donations to the deserving young boys and girls to pursue their studies, or to a annadana trust which gives food to anybody who comes etc. Most of the orphanages are unregistered in Kerala and the organisers make money out of it abandoning the children. Unless one has very trust worthy background information about the organisers, it is useless to send money to them. Hence when recommending an orphanage please get the correct picture and then recommend.

Ramachandra Menon--- On Thu, 20/11/08, Guruvayurappan P. V <guruvayurappan.v wrote:

Guruvayurappan P. V <guruvayurappan.vRE: [Guruvayur] Manava seva"'guruvayur '" <guruvayur >Thursday, 20 November, 2008, 10:25 AM

Hari Om!

I’m for it. “favorable†- Jai Sri Krishna.

Regards,

Guru

guruvayur@grou ps.com [guruvayur] On Behalf Of Seema RavindranWednesday, November 19, 2008 5:24 PMguruvayur@grou ps.comRe: [Guruvayur] Manava seva

Hariji,

Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group. If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs. 10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the group. It is as they say "Palla thulli peru vellam".

I request all the members to think about it and let me know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable.

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha@ > wrote:

harig preetha <harigpreetha@ >Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks you very much for coming out with a very constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even though we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I request all the devotees, those who can afford, to come forward with some help for the social cause.

If any one can make available the bank details of the veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble purpose.

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

--- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>[Guruvayur] Manava seva"Guruvayur" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM

Respected members,In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution. In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent. Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as

decided by the group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society. This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.Please let me know what you all think of it.Jai Sree Krishna

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Omega Healthcare Management Services Pvt. Ltd. , and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Guest guest

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Dear Menonji,

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion, you are right. I had sent a detailed message to this group, recommending "Ambady Balasramam", an upcoming orphanage in Tiruvalla. I did that after thorough study about its background, its organisers etc.

My mail also contains contact details of persons concerned and anybody who wish to make further enquiry about this organisation should feel free to do so, and ensure the genuinety of the same before making any contributions.

It is true there are so many fraudsters in this field also, just like any other field; but it is also a fact that there are so many good people in this world, which we should not forget.

With prayers

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

--- On Thu, 11/20/08, ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon wrote:

ramachandra menon <ramachandramenonRE: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 10:44 PM

When you think of donating to a worthy cause, everybody have their own preferences. An orphanage, or a Veda patasala, or a charitable organisation which gives donations to the deserving young boys and girls to pursue their studies, or to a annadana trust which gives food to anybody who comes etc. Most of the orphanages are unregistered in Kerala and the organisers make money out of it abandoning the children. Unless one has very trust worthy background information about the organisers, it is useless to send money to them. Hence when recommending an orphanage please get the correct picture and then recommend.

Ramachandra Menon--- On Thu, 20/11/08, Guruvayurappan P. V <guruvayurappan. v (AT) omegahms (DOT) com> wrote:

Guruvayurappan P. V <guruvayurappan. v (AT) omegahms (DOT) com>RE: [Guruvayur] Manava seva"'guruvayur'" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Thursday, 20 November, 2008, 10:25 AM

Hari Om!

I’m for it. “favorable” - Jai Sri Krishna.

Regards, Guru

guruvayur@grou ps.com [guruvayur] On Behalf Of Seema RavindranWednesday, November 19, 2008 5:24 PMguruvayur@grou ps.comRe: [Guruvayur] Manava seva

Hariji,

Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group. If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs. 10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the group. It is as they say "Palla thulli peru vellam".

I request all the members to think about it and let me know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable.

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

harig preetha <harigpreetha@ >Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>[Guruvayur] Manava seva"Guruvayur" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM

Respected members,In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution. In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent. Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as

decided by the group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society. This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.Please let me know what you all think of it.Jai Sree Krishna

Guest guest

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

Seemaji's idea is very good. Let us work out the details. Although I

agree in principle, it is my opinion that we must

make sure the funds are not misused by unscrupulous elements as is

being done in most of the cases. Before we decide about the home

which we are planning to help, we should get proper details of its

antecedents and records of children who have been brought up there.

Otherwise it may also be a good idea to identify needy children and

directly offer help by adopting them into the fold.

Love

KVG.

Seema Ravindran wrote:

Hariji,

Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I

received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some

time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But

unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.

The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group.

If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs.

10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we

can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any

orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the group. It is

as they say "Palla thulli peru vellam".

I request all the members to think about it and let me

know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable.

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha >

wrote:

harig preetha <harigpreetha >

guruvayur

Monday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks you very much for coming out with a very

constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even

though we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I

request all the devotees, those who can afford, to come forward with

some help for the social cause.

If any one can make available the bank details of

the veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble

purpose.

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

--- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@

grouply.com> wrote:

Seema Ravindran

<seemawarrier@ grouply.com>

[Guruvayur] Manava seva

"Guruvayur" <guruvayur@grou

ps.com>

Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM

Respected members,

In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage -

ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require

financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing

honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why

not we all, as Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to

worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or

whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution.

In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each

contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is

contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian

missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for

themselves as to how the money is spent.

Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or

yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as

decided by the group? I think it will be a very good service we can do

to the society.

This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s

blessings in this endeavour also.

Jai Sree Krishna

Guest guest

Dear Seema,

I concur with your proposal.

Regards,

Shanti --- On Wed, 19/11/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrierRe: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Wednesday, 19 November, 2008, 5:23 PM

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Respected members,In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution. In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent. Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the

group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society. This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.Please let me know what you all think of it.Jai Sree Krishna

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

I welcome the idea of Donations to the needy but do we, our group, need to collect money from members to distribute? Can that not be done by individually? I am of the humble opinion that money (Arthham) brings fortune and peril (Anarthham) at the same time. I have come across in the past that people joined as one group did good things but are separated due differences of opinion. I need not mention the names, but there are many such groups exist that we all know. I do not know if this is for Money, Name of fame? (Our Poonthanam wisely said about this in his Gnanapaana). I would like to quote a slokam from neethisaaram

arthaanaam aarjane dukkham, aarjithaananthu rakshane

aaye dukkham vyaye dukkham artha: kim dukkha baajanam

(meaning with my little limited knowledge) earning money is hard, after earning protecting (safe keeping) it is difficult, income as well as expense is difficult and thus Money itself is a vessel of difficulties and misfortune.

If money is collected by our group, Who will be the custodian of such a fund ? What if the custodian does something that few do not like and thus creating a friction and differences of opinion in our group which is having only one aim now that of "Bhakthi" alone?

My humble suggestion is anyone can do what ever he/she wants to do individually and do that without expecting anything in return.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

ramachandra menon <ramachandramenonguruvayur Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:14:27 AMRE: [Guruvayur] Manava seva

Ramachandra Menon--- On Thu, 20/11/08, Guruvayurappan P. V <guruvayurappan. v (AT) omegahms (DOT) com> wrote:

Guruvayurappan P. V <guruvayurappan. v (AT) omegahms (DOT) com>RE: [Guruvayur] Manava seva"'guruvayur'" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Thursday, 20 November, 2008, 10:25 AM

Hari Om!

Regards, Guru

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Guest guest

Hari=Om

Giving to charity is a noble act. If one can aford to do it,

do it by all means but my humble opinion is that it should be an

individual's personal choice entirely.No charitable institution is

foolproof,whatever their claims.Find some desirable case and extend

assistance directly to the deserving person.. This is a Bhakti

related forum and therefore should we as a group get involved in money

matters. It may later lead to misunderstandings.

jai shree krishna !

Guest guest

Ohm Namo Narayana

I agree fully with Chandra Menon and let us not deviate from unadulterated Bakthi.

REgards

K.Krishnakumar, Bangalore.

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002guruvayur Sent: Saturday, 22 November, 2008 12:19:56 AMRe: [Guruvayur] Manava seva

Om Namo Narayanaya

I welcome the idea of Donations to the needy but do we, our group, need to collect money from members to distribute? Can that not be done by individually? I am of the humble opinion that money (Arthham) brings fortune and peril (Anarthham) at the same time. I have come across in the past that people joined as one group did good things but are separated due differences of opinion. I need not mention the names, but there are many such groups exist that we all know. I do not know if this is for Money, Name of fame? (Our Poonthanam wisely said about this in his Gnanapaana). I would like to quote a slokam from neethisaaram

(meaning with my little limited knowledge) earning money is hard, after earning protecting (safe keeping) it is difficult, income as well as expense is difficult and thus Money itself is a vessel of difficulties and misfortune.

If money is collected by our group, Who will be the custodian of such a fund ? What if the custodian does something that few do not like and thus creating a friction and differences of opinion in our group which is having only one aim now that of "Bhakthi" alone?

My humble suggestion is anyone can do what ever he/she wants to do individually and do that without expecting anything in return.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon@ >guruvayur@grou ps.comThursday, November 20, 2008 11:14:27 AMRE: [Guruvayur] Manava seva

Hari Om!

I’m for it. “favorable†- Jai Sri Krishna.

Regards, Guru

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta!

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear All

It is very interesting to see Seemaji’s suggestion and respected Shri.Chandraji’s reply. In fact I’m totally support the idea to help needy people. My belief is many people in our group probably doing it individually. Definitely Seemaji’s suggestion would bring others also in this procession.

As our group it is very difficult to collect money and distribute. As Chandraji well explained it leads to many conflicts and hope everybody takes in good aspects.

At the same time to work out Seemajis suggestion many hurdles are there including proper registration, comities, audits etc. Let bring up more ideas from this group.

With Prayers

Sreekumar

--- On Fri, 11/21/08, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 1:49 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon@ >guruvayur@grou ps.comThursday, November 20, 2008 11:14:27 AMRE: [Guruvayur] Manava seva

Hari Om!

Regards, Guru

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Guest guest

Dear Seemaji,

You have come forward with a great idea. Don't feel that no one is

interested in it simply because no one responded to the mail. I think

all of us are doing such charity works individually. But as a group,

if we want to raise a fund, a lot of things are there. First of all we need

the consent of our Sunilji. Since it is money matter one should carefully

handle the subject. We have to find somebody to take the responsibilty

to open an account, handling and distribution, someone should monitor the

movements, such many things we have to decide. It is not simple as we think.

Ofcourse your idea of forming a fund is great. Instead of doing individual donations,

as a group if we can make something it will encourage many people to come

forward and donate as they can. Please go ahead with your plan and see

what we can do.

Regards and Prayers

Sajan.--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrierRe: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 5:23 PM

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Guest guest

Seemaji

The Idea put forward by you is really a wonderful one and I am fully in favour of this and shall do the needful once finalised

Rgds

Sunil Tharol--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrierRe: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:53 PM

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Guest guest

Thanks for all the encouraging mails. I know it is to be handled very carefully, being money. In fact, I had about a month back written to Sunilji and he only asked me to post this in the group. We will wait till Sunilji comes back so that we can take his guidance. I hope we can do something really good with the blessings of Guruvayoorappan.

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

--- On Sat, 11/22/08, Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaran wrote:

Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaranRe: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 5:51 AM

Dear Seemaji,

You have come forward with a great idea. Don't feel that no one is

interested in it simply because no one responded to the mail. I think

all of us are doing such charity works individually. But as a group,

if we want to raise a fund, a lot of things are there. First of all we need

the consent of our Sunilji. Since it is money matter one should carefully

handle the subject. We have to find somebody to take the responsibilty

to open an account, handling and distribution, someone should monitor the

movements, such many things we have to decide. It is not simple as we think.

Ofcourse your idea of forming a fund is great. Instead of doing individual donations,

as a group if we can make something it will encourage many people to come

forward and donate as they can. Please go ahead with your plan and see

what we can do.

Regards and Prayers

Sajan.--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, November 19, 2008, 5:23 PM

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYADear Seemajji and others,Being a silent member of this group, I had no much chance to interact with our group people. I support this suggestion very strongly and want to do my best in this regard.OM NAMO NARAYANAYADamodaran On Fri, 11/21/08, sunil tharol <stharol wrote:sunil tharol <stharolRe: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 10:12 PM

Seemaji

The Idea put forward by you is really a wonderful one and I am fully in favour of this and shall do the needful once finalised

Rgds

Sunil Tharol--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:53 PM

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

Guest guest

Dear Seema Ravindran and other Family members, Maanava Seva, from the discussion so far, I understand that a lot of us are doing it on a personal level. But we are not much willing to do it as a group. Le t me share my thoughts and experience in this field with you all. I have been involved in this field in both ways. The effect of personal level Maanava seva has limited effect on the social structure, and it has no much of a rippling effect. It doesn’t reciprocate much or it doesn’t encourage others to do the same. But a group effort will create rippling effects and the Seva will have much more positive results. So to be more effective it has to be done in an organizational way. Until we do so it will not have any noticeable effect, at least that is what my experience is. Two very effective and productive way of helping the

poor is to give scholarships to poor children and to give orphanages with proved track record of spending the money entirely for poor children in a very creative way. That is to orphanages which put the money to use in a very positive way and give the children a real home. I mean to give to orphanages which also do productive works other than just feeding children and try to make them productive people who will do good to the society. I am all for such an action plan. I promise all my efforts to help such a program. Of course money can create lot of problems, but with out that we can not survive and we can not help poor and needy people. The wealth remain with us after our legitimate and positive needs for our decent survival must be used for Maanava Seva and that money used for Seva can do a lot of good. I am sure if

we put our efforts into it we can make avoid all the ill effects some of you have pointed out and create a way to do very good Maanava Seva. Remember we are not the owners of the wealth HE gave us. We are only the mangers of it. So let us manage it the best way for all by helping the poor. That is the best bhakthi Maargam. There is no better bhakthi than Seva. Our Kannan on whose name we formed the group did not have to do all the Seva he did. But He did it to show us that Seva for the poor and needy is the best of bhakthi. So let us at least try. Thanks to all of you. sunil tharol <stharol wrote: Seemaji The Idea put forward by you is really a wonderful one and I am fully in favour of this and shall do the needful once finalised Rgds Sunil Tharol--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier (AT) grouply (DOT) com> wrote: Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier (AT) grouply (DOT) com>Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date:

Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:53 PM Hariji, Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group. If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs. 10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the group. It is as they say "Palla thulli peru vellam". I request all the members to think about it and let me know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable. Jai Sree

Krishna Seema --- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha@ > wrote: harig preetha <harigpreetha@ >Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM Krishna Guruvayoorappa, Dear Seemaji, Thanks you very much for coming out with a very constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even though we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I request all the devotees, those who can afford, to come forward with some help for the social cause. If any one can

make available the bank details of the veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble purpose. Thanks and prayers, G. Hari Prasad Krishna Guruvayoorappa --- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote: Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>[Guruvayur] Manava seva"Guruvayur" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM Respected members,In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as

Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution. In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent. Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society. This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.Please let me know what you all think of it.Jai Sree

Krishna Sincerely, Udayabhanu Panickar aum namahh Shivaaya The vow not to kill is great indeed, and greater still is non-eating of the flesh; There would be no butcher if there

is non to eat, In eating thus abides the cruder ill, as he is the reason for the killing.

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Dear members, it is very nice to see so many members interested in participating in a worthy cause. Sunilji and I talked about this and he is very happy that members are keen on participating in manava seva. But like Chandraji and A. Nairji suggested/cautioned we also think that we need to make sure the mechanism through which the scheme is implemented is a solid one. We hope that Guruvayurappan will himself guide us to the person and the method that will make this possible; Sajanji has raised some excellent pts and so has Udaybhanuji. The main question here is how to go about doing this?--do we identify 1/2 people for one project, members of this group, who will act as the point person for a project and will be responsible for ensuring that the money finds its way to the proper people and is used

properly? and also update us on the progress?-- do we look for a person, a member/friend/family member in India who maybe able to make periodic visits to the project site and give some idea of things there?--the other alternative is identifying a bank or some other means through which to implement the project.--what wd be the criteria for selecting the projects? HariPrasadji's project, Vimalaji's project all are worthy causes. Shd we support one project at a time or more than one? How do we decide the project?If you look through the archives you will see that we have in the past talked about collecting money for Guruvayoor related projects, such as improving facilities for devotees etc; but some of us have always been a bit skeptical about bringing in money; as all of us know, money in the right hands can do wonders; in the wrong hands can put at risk the existence of this group. I am sure all of us love this group too much to

let that happen.I would request members to take some time and think carefully on these points and come up

with some concrete ideas/suggestions: Imagine there are 10 members who give you 500 Rs every month for the next 5 years and want you to invest it in India, helping the orphans or the aged or some cause such as the Vedic school. How would you do it? Our whole emphasis has to be on

transparency and trustworthiness. When Sunilji comes back we can consider these ideas and take concrete steps to implement something. As with any good project, all it takes is for 2/3 people to have the vision and then more people will be attracted to it and help give shape to it. I would humbly request the elders to consider this seriously and share their thoughts and put forth suggestions in this regard.May Guruvayurappan guide us all in all our efforts.He is the Giver and the Receiver too.Veena.--- On Sat, 11/22/08, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar wrote:Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickarRe: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 2:57 AM

Dear Seema Ravindran and other Family members, Maanava Seva, from the discussion so far, I understand that a lot of us are doing it on a personal level. But we are not much willing to do it as a group. Le t me share my thoughts and experience in this field with you all. I have been involved in this field in both ways. The effect of personal level Maanava seva has limited effect on the social structure, and it has no much of a rippling effect. It doesn�t reciprocate much or it doesn�t encourage others to do the same. But a group effort will create rippling effects and the Seva will have much more positive results. So to be more effective it has to be done in an organizational way. Until we do so it will not have any noticeable effect, at least that is what my experience is. Two very effective and

productive way of helping the

poor is to give scholarships to poor children and to give orphanages with proved track record of spending the money entirely for poor children in a very creative way. That is to orphanages which put the money to use in a very positive way and give the children a real home. I mean to give to orphanages which also do productive works other than just feeding children and try to make them productive people who will do good to the society. I am all for such an action plan. I promise all my efforts to help such a program. Of course money can create lot of problems, but with out that we can not survive and we can not help poor and needy people. The wealth remain with us after our legitimate and positive needs for our decent survival must be used for Maanava Seva and that money used for Seva can do a lot of good. I am sure if

we put our efforts into it we can make avoid all the ill effects some of you have pointed out and create a way to do very good Maanava Seva. Remember we are not the owners of the wealth HE gave us. We are only the mangers of it. So let us manage it the best way for all by helping the poor. That is the best bhakthi Maargam. There is no better bhakthi than Seva. Our Kannan on whose name we formed the group did not have to do all the Seva he did. But He did it to show us that Seva for the poor and needy is the best of bhakthi. So let us at least try. Thanks to all of you. sunil tharol <stharol > wrote: Seemaji The Idea put forward by you is really a wonderful one and I am fully in favour of this and shall do the needful once finalised Rgds Sunil Tharol--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote: Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comDate:

Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:53 PM Hariji, Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group. If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs. 10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the group. It is as they say "Palla thulli peru vellam". I request all the members to think about it and let me know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable.

Jai Sree

Krishna Seema --- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha@ > wrote: harig preetha <harigpreetha@ >Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM Krishna Guruvayoorappa, Dear Seemaji, Thanks you very much for coming out with a very constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even though we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I request all the devotees, those who can afford, to come forward with some help for the social cause.

If any one can

make available the bank details of the veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble purpose. Thanks and prayers, G. Hari Prasad Krishna Guruvayoorappa --- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote: Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>[Guruvayur] Manava seva"Guruvayur" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM Respected members,In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why

not we all, as

Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution. In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent. Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society. This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.Please let me know what you all think of it.Jai Sree

Krishna Sincerely, Udayabhanu Panickar aum namahh Shivaaya The vow not to kill is great indeed, and greater still is non-eating of the flesh; There would be no butcher if there

is non to eat, In eating thus abides the cruder ill, as he is the reason for the killing.

Guest guest

Dear Veenaji,

I think bank will be a good option. We can open an account in a

nationalised bank. Those who want to send their contribution can send

it directly to bank. We can instruct the bank to divert the funds to

the causes selected by the group. I feel we can start with Ambadi

orphanage and Veda teaching centre. We can fix a minimum to be

transferred by the bank every half year, or annually depending on the

contributions, I feel, a little more to orphanage. If any member in

this group is working in a bank, they can guide us about the

formalities. that way, we can ensure that the funds are transferred.

I hope we can ask the bank or the person managing it to post the

statements in the group so that everybody can see it.

Hope we will be able to do something. Let Guruvayoorappan guide us.

Jai Sree Krishna

guruvayur , Veena <veeus18 wrote:

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya.

>

>

> Dear members, it is very nice to see so many members interested in

participating in a worthy cause. Sunilji and I talked about this and

he is very happy that members are keen on participating in manava

seva. But like Chandraji and A. Nairji suggested/cautioned we also

think that we need to make sure the mechanism through which the

scheme is implemented is a solid one. We hope that Guruvayurappan

will himself guide us to the person and the method that will make

this possible; Sajanji has raised some excellent pts and so has

Udaybhanuji. The main question here is how to go about doing this?

> --do we identify 1/2 people for one project, members of this group,

who will act as the point person for a project and will be

responsible for ensuring that the money finds its way to the proper

people and is used properly? and also update us on the progress?

> -- do we look for a person, a member/friend/family member in India

who maybe able to make� periodic visits to the project site and

give some idea of things there?

> --the other alternative is identifying a bank or some other means

through which to implement the project.

> --what wd be the criteria for selecting the projects?

HariPrasadji's project, Vimalaji's project all are worthy causes. Shd

we support one project at a time or more than one? How do we decide

the project?

>

> If you look through the archives you will see that we have in the

past talked about collecting money for Guruvayoor related projects,

such as improving facilities for devotees etc; but some of us have

always been a bit skeptical about bringing in money; as all of us

know, money in the right hands can do wonders; in the wrong hands can

put at risk the existence of this group. I am sure all of us love

this group too much to let that happen.

>

> I would request members to take some time and think carefully on

these points and come up

> with some concrete ideas/suggestions: Imagine there are 10 members

who give you 500 Rs every month for the next 5 years and want you to

invest it in India, helping the orphans or the aged or some cause

such as the Vedic school. How would you do it? Our whole emphasis has

to be on

> transparency and trustworthiness. When Sunilji comes back we can

consider these ideas and take concrete steps to implement something.

As with any good project, all it takes is for 2/3 people to have the

vision and then more people will be attracted to it and help give

shape to it. I would humbly request the elders to consider this

seriously and share their thoughts and put forth suggestions in this

regard.

>

> May Guruvayurappan guide us all in all our efforts. He is the Giver

and the Receiver too.

>

> Veena.

>

> --- On Sat, 11/22/08, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar

wrote:

> Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar

> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva

> guruvayur

> Saturday, November 22, 2008, 2:57 AM

>

>

>

>

>

Dear Seema Ravindran and other Family members, �

Maanava Seva, from the discussion so far, I understand that a lot of

us are doing it on a personal level. But we are not much willing to

do it as a group. Le t me share my thoughts and experience in this

field with you all. I have been involved in this field in both ways.

The effect of personal level Maanava seva has limited effect on the

social structure, and it has no much of a rippling effect. It

doesn�t reciprocate much or it doesn�t encourage others to do the

same. But a group effort will create rippling effects and the Seva

will have much more positive results. So to be more effective it has

to be done in an organizational way. Until we do so it will not have

any noticeable effect, at least that is what my experience is.

� Two very effective and productive way of helping the

> poor is to give scholarships to poor children and to give

orphanages with proved track record of spending the money entirely

for poor children in a very creative way. That is to orphanages which

put the money to use in a very positive way and give the children a

real home. I mean to give to orphanages which also do productive

works other than just feeding children and try to make them

productive people who will do good to the society. � I am all

for such an action plan. I promise all my efforts to help such a

program. � Of course money can create lot of problems, but with

out that we can not survive and we can not help poor and needy

people. The wealth remain with us after our legitimate and positive

needs for our decent survival must be used for Maanava Seva and that

money used for Seva can do a lot of good. I am sure if

> we put our efforts into it we can make avoid all the ill effects

some of you have pointed out and create a way to do very good Maanava

Seva. Remember we are not the owners of the wealth HE gave us. We are

only the mangers of it. So let us manage it the best way for all by

helping the poor. That is the best bhakthi Maargam. There is no

better bhakthi than Seva. Our Kannan on whose name we formed the

group did not have to do all the Seva he did. But He did it to show

us that Seva for the poor and needy is the best of bhakthi. So let us

at least try. � Thanks to all of you.

> sunil tharol <stharol > wrote:

Seemaji � The Idea put forward by you is really a wonderful one and

I am fully in favour of this and shall do the needful once finalised

� Rgds � Sunil Tharol

>

> --- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>

wrote:

> Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> Date:

> Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:53 PM

>

> Hariji, Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only

mail I received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji

some time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group.

But unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.

> The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this

group. If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less

than Rs. 10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just

imagine, we can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate

to any orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the

group. It is as they say " Palla thulli peru vellam " . I request all

the members to think about it and let me know what you think -

whether favorable or unfavaourable. Jai Sree

> Krishna � Seema

> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha@ > wrote:

> harig preetha <harigpreetha@ >

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> Monday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM

>

> � Krishna Guruvayoorappa, � Dear Seemaji, � Thanks

you very much for coming out with a very constructive idea to help

those who are less fortunate than us, even though we are not sure

when them same is going to be materialised. I request all the

devotees, those�who can afford, to come forward with some help for

the social cause. � If any one can

> make available the bank details of the veda school, I would like

to contribute some money for the noble purpose.� � Thanks and

prayers, � G. Hari Prasad

> Krishna Guruvayoorappa

> --- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>

wrote:

> Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>

> [Guruvayur] Manava seva

> " Guruvayur " <guruvayur@grou ps.com>

> Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM

>

> Respected members,

> In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage -

ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require

financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing

honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is,

why not we all, as

> Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy

causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever

way they can. That way we can have a group contribution.

> In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each

contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is

contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian

missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see

for themselves as to how the money is spent.

> Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly

or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as

decided by the group? I think it will be a very good service we can

do to the society.

> This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan'

s blessings in this endeavour also.

> Please let me know what you all think of it.

> Jai Sree

> Krishna

>

Sincerely,

>

> Udayabhanu Panickar

> aum namahh Shivaaya

> The vow not to kill is great indeed, and greater still is non-

eating of the flesh; There would be no butcher if there

> is non to eat, In eating thus abides the cruder ill, as he is the

reason for the killing.

>

Guest guest

Dear Krishna Devotees,

I agree with this Manavaseva idea. Go ahead.

Om Namo bhagawathe vasudevaya!

Mohan Nair

Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna

Dear All

This is a wonderful idea of lending a helping hand for the needy and I am fully in favour of this . With KANNAN's Blessings, I shall definitely contribute whatever within my capacity for this noble cause once the project is fianlised

Jai Sree Krishna

Syamala

--- On Mon, 11/24/08, Seema Warrier <seemawarrier wrote:

Seema Warrier <seemawarrier[Guruvayur] Re: Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 2:08 PM

Dear Veenaji,I think bank will be a good option. We can open an account in a nationalised bank. Those who want to send their contribution can send it directly to bank. We can instruct the bank to divert the funds to the causes selected by the group. I feel we can start with Ambadi orphanage and Veda teaching centre. We can fix a minimum to be transferred by the bank every half year, or annually depending on the contributions, I feel, a little more to orphanage. If any member in this group is working in a bank, they can guide us about the formalities. that way, we can ensure that the funds are transferred. I hope we can ask the bank or the person managing it to post the statements in the group so that everybody can see it.Hope we will be able to do something. Let Guruvayoorappan guide us.Jai Sree Krishnaguruvayur@grou ps.com, Veena <veeus18 > wrote:>> Om Namo Narayanaya.> > > Dear members, it is very nice to see so many members interested in participating in a worthy cause. Sunilji and I talked about this and he is very happy that members are keen on participating in manava seva. But like Chandraji and A. Nairji suggested/cautioned we also think that we need to make sure the mechanism through which the scheme is implemented is a solid one. We hope that Guruvayurappan will himself guide us to the person and the method that will make this possible; Sajanji has raised some excellent pts and so has Udaybhanuji. The main question here is how to go about doing this?> --do we identify 1/2 people for one project, members of this group, who will act as the point person for a project and will be responsible for ensuring that the money finds its way

to the proper people and is used properly? and also update us on the progress?> -- do we look for a person, a member/friend/ family member in India who maybe able to make� periodic visits to the project site and give some idea of things there?> --the other alternative is identifying a bank or some other means through which to implement the project.> --what wd be the criteria for selecting the projects? HariPrasadji' s project, Vimalaji's project all are worthy causes. Shd we support one project at a time or more than one? How do we decide the project?> > If you look through the archives you will see that we have in the past talked about collecting money for Guruvayoor related projects, such as improving facilities for devotees etc; but some of us have always been a bit skeptical about bringing in money; as all of us know, money in the right hands can do wonders; in the

wrong hands can put at risk the existence of this group. I am sure all of us love this group too much to let that happen.> > I would request members to take some time and think carefully on these points and come up> with some concrete ideas/suggestions: Imagine there are 10 members who give you 500 Rs every month for the next 5 years and want you to invest it in India, helping the orphans or the aged or some cause such as the Vedic school. How would you do it? Our whole emphasis has to be on> transparency and trustworthiness. When Sunilji comes back we can consider these ideas and take concrete steps to implement something. As with any good project, all it takes is for 2/3 people to have the vision and then more people will be attracted to it and help give shape to it. I would humbly request the elders to consider this seriously and share their thoughts and put forth suggestions

in this regard.> > May Guruvayurappan guide us all in all our efforts. He is the Giver and the Receiver too.> > Veena.> > --- On Sat, 11/22/08, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanicka r wrote:> Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanicka r> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Saturday, November 22, 2008, 2:57 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Seema Ravindran and other Family members, � Maanava Seva, from the discussion so far, I understand that a lot of us are doing it on a personal level. But we are not much willing to do it as a group. Le t me share my thoughts and experience in this field with you all. I have been involved in this

field in both ways. The effect of personal level Maanava seva has limited effect on the social structure, and it has no much of a rippling effect. It doesn�t reciprocate much or it doesn�t encourage others to do the same. But a group effort will create rippling effects and the Seva will have much more positive results. So to be more effective it has to be done in an organizational way. Until we do so it will not have any noticeable effect, at least that is what my experience is. � Two very effective and productive way of helping the> poor is to give scholarships to poor children and to give orphanages with proved track record of spending the money entirely for poor children in a very creative way. That is to orphanages which put the money to use in a very positive way and give the children a real home. I mean to give to orphanages which also do productive works other than just

feeding children and try to make them productive people who will do good to the society. � I am all for such an action plan. I promise all my efforts to help such a program. � Of course money can create lot of problems, but with out that we can not survive and we can not help poor and needy people. The wealth remain with us after our legitimate and positive needs for our decent survival must be used for Maanava Seva and that money used for Seva can do a lot of good. I am sure if> we put our efforts into it we can make avoid all the ill effects some of you have pointed out and create a way to do very good Maanava Seva. Remember we are not the owners of the wealth HE gave us. We are only the mangers of it. So let us manage it the best way for all by helping the poor. That is the best bhakthi Maargam. There is no better bhakthi than Seva. Our Kannan on whose name we formed the group did

not have to do all the Seva he did. But He did it to show us that Seva for the poor and needy is the best of bhakthi. So let us at least try. � Thanks to all of you.> sunil tharol <stharol > wrote: Seemaji � The Idea put forward by you is really a wonderful one and I am fully in favour of this and shall do the needful once finalised � Rgds � Sunil Tharol> > --- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:> Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Date:> Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:53 PM> > Hariji, Thanks for your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But

unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.> The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group. If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs. 10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the group. It is as they say "Palla thulli peru vellam". I request all the members to think about it and let me know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable. Jai Sree> Krishna � Seema> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha@ > wrote:> harig preetha <harigpreetha@ >> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Monday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM> > � Krishna Guruvayoorappa, � Dear Seemaji,

� Thanks you very much for coming out with a very constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even though we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I request all the devotees, those�who can afford, to come forward with some help for the social cause. � If any one can> make available the bank details of the veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble purpose.� � Thanks and prayers, � G. Hari Prasad> Krishna Guruvayoorappa> --- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:> Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>> [Guruvayur] Manava seva> "Guruvayur" <guruvayur@gro u ps.com>> Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM> > Respected members,> In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage

- ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as> Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution.> In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money is spent.> Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the group? I think it will be a very

good service we can do to the society.> This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.> Please let me know what you all think of it.> Jai Sree> Krishna> > > > > > > > Sincerely,> > Udayabhanu Panickar> aum namahh Shivaaya> The vow not to kill is great indeed, and greater still is non-eating of the flesh; There would be no butcher if there> is non to eat, In eating thus abides the cruder ill, as he is the reason for the killing.>

Guest guest

Namasteji

I am very happy to see the response from many

gurudevs regarding Manava seva.. All most all are

willing but , only afraid about Handling money.

Same like who will tie the bell on the neck of Cat.

Let me think loudly...

We Gurudev members are now 1204 members,

I think at least 25 % of us are maybe capable to

donate at least Rs 500 / - per month..if consider

300 members Can donate 500 each the amount will

be atleast Rs 150000..and others will donate

as much as they can.. like our Kodi jepam let us try

to fill this mission as a charity.

So what we can do .. nobody of us know when

Guruvayoorappan will call us back.. after that

also I pray to Guruvayoorappan let bless us to

remain our group with full strength and with

More knowledgable persons to guide our future Gurudevs. so to memmorise about Guruvayoor group,

why cant we start our own one Charity centre ,

Orphanage and a retirement home at Guruvayoor Itself under

the Supervision of our respected Savitriji, Sarojamji, Sastriji,

Gopalakrishnanji, Udhayabhanu panikkarji, Sunilji, veenaji,

Seemaji etc.. ( when we own like this respected, why should we

afraid ) . Start with a rental building for orphanage .On going we can do many

things buy the help of Gurudevs In our group and with the Blessing of our Kannan , any Miracle can be ...

Also we can take guidence from IISH ( Indian Institute of Heritage Centre Directors Dr. Gopal krishnanji and Dr. Sambasivanji also )

Also I Request to all devottes to Join guruvayoor Group To make our Group more strength.

Now I am member of 89 , but like our Guruvayoor Group nothing is worthy in allmeans and I am proud to say I am also a part of this group..

With the name of my Kannan I promise , I will Contribute my efforts in all means As much as I can.

with regards

dilip --- On Sun, 11/23/08, Veena <veeus18 wrote:

Veena <veeus18Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 3:15 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear members, it is very nice to see so many members interested in participating in a worthy cause. Sunilji and I talked about this and he is very happy that members are keen on participating in manava seva. But like Chandraji and A. Nairji suggested/cautioned we also think that we need to make sure the mechanism through which the scheme is implemented is a solid one. We hope that Guruvayurappan will himself guide us to the person and the method that will make this possible; Sajanji has raised some excellent pts and so has Udaybhanuji. The main question here is how to go about doing this?--do we identify 1/2 people for one project, members of this group, who will act as the point person for a project and will be responsible for ensuring that the money finds its way to the proper people and is used properly? and also update us on the progress?-- do we look for a person, a member/friend/ family member in

India who maybe able to make periodic visits to the project site and give some idea of things there?--the other alternative is identifying a bank or some other means through which to implement the project.--what wd be the criteria for selecting the projects? HariPrasadji' s project, Vimalaji's project all are worthy causes. Shd we support one project at a time or more than one? How do we decide the project?If you look through the archives you will see that we have in the past talked about collecting money for Guruvayoor related projects, such as improving facilities for devotees etc; but some of us have always been a bit skeptical about bringing in money; as all of us know, money in the right hands can do wonders; in the wrong hands can put at risk the existence of this group. I am sure all of us love this group too much to let that happen.I would request members to take some time and think carefully on these points and

come up with some concrete ideas/suggestions: Imagine there are 10 members who give you 500 Rs every month for the next 5 years and want you to invest it in India, helping the orphans or the aged or some cause such as the Vedic school. How would you do it? Our whole emphasis has to be on transparency and trustworthiness. When Sunilji comes back we can consider these ideas and take concrete steps to implement something. As with any good project, all it takes is for 2/3 people to have the vision and then more people will be attracted to it and help give shape to it. I would humbly request the elders to consider this seriously and share their thoughts and put forth suggestions in this regard.May Guruvayurappan guide us all in all our efforts.He is the Giver and the Receiver too.Veena.--- On Sat, 11/22/08, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar @> wrote:

Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar @>Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comSaturday, November 22, 2008, 2:57 AM

Dear Seema Ravindran and other Family members,

Maanava Seva, from the discussion so far, I understand that a lot of us are doing it on a personal level. But we are not much willing to do it as a group. Le t me share my thoughts and experience in this field with you all. I have been involved in this field in both ways. The effect of personal level Maanava seva has limited effect on the social structure, and it has no much of a rippling effect. It doesn�t reciprocate much or it doesn�t encourage others to do the same. But a group effort will create rippling effects and the Seva will have much more positive results. So to be more effective it has to be done in an organizational way. Until we do so it will not have any noticeable effect, at least that is what my experience is.

Two very effective and productive way of helping the poor is to give scholarships to poor children and to give orphanages with proved track record of spending the money entirely for poor children in a very creative way. That is to orphanages which put the money to use in a very positive way and give the children a real home. I mean to give to orphanages which also do productive works other than just feeding children and try to make them productive people who will do good to the society.

I am all for such an action plan. I promise all my efforts to help such a program.

Of course money can create lot of problems, but with out that we can not survive and we can not help poor and needy people. The wealth remain with us after our legitimate and positive needs for our decent survival must be used for Maanava Seva and that money used for Seva can do a lot of good. I am sure if we put our efforts into it we can make avoid all the ill effects some of you have pointed out and create a way to do very good Maanava Seva. Remember we are not the owners of the wealth HE gave us. We are only the mangers of it. So let us manage it the best way for all by helping the poor. That is the best bhakthi Maargam. There is no better bhakthi than Seva. Our Kannan on whose name we formed the group did not have to do all the Seva he did. But He did it to show us that Seva for the poor and needy is the best of bhakthi. So let us at least try.

Thanks to all of you.sunil tharol <stharol > wrote:

Seemaji

Rgds

Sunil Tharol--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:53 PM

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society. This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.Please let me know what you all think of it.Jai Sree KrishnaSincerely, Udayabhanu Panickar aum namahh Shivaaya The vow not to kill is great indeed, and greater still is non-eating of the flesh; There would be no butcher if there is non to eat, In eating thus abides the cruder ill, as he is the reason for the killing.

Guest guest

Namaste Seemaji

Let us see , sure Guruvayoorappan will bless us to full fill our wish.

same time I send my mail to different devotional groups mentioned below and that is why I wrote to join in our Guruvayoor group.

also I request you to join below mention groups you will get more Knowledge belongs to sanathana dharma and devotion. same like our Sarojamji , savitriji , Sunilji,veenaji , sastriji , Gopalkrishnaji there are good scholars. Even though Our Guruvayoor group is In number One list.

" delhi hindu" <delhindu >, " omnamasivaya" , " vedic literature" <vedicliteraturethesupremescience >, " my hindu sangam" <MyHinduSangam >, " gita talk" , " krishna Bhagvan" , "" <haindavakeralam >, "" <guruvayur >, "" <kerala-hindus >, "" <KeralaHinduYouth >, "" <hindushakti >, "" <shaneeswara >, " swamy ayyappa" <saranam_ayyappa >, " ambaa" , "Yhaoo group Us brahmins" <USBrahmins >

with regards

dilip --- On Tue, 11/25/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrierRe: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaprdiliDate: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 4:04 AM

Dilipji,

Excellent idea. I had this also in my mind, but didnt know if we can take it as a first step itself. In fact, I am sure with Guruvayoorappan's blessings and as you said, under the supervision and blessings of our respected members (please count me out of it. I dont think I qualify to be grouped with them), we can start by ourselves in our Guruvayoorappan's land itself. He will look after everything. I feel, we can even ask some reputed builders if they are willing to sponsor a small house for this purpose. I request all the members to come up with suggestions, so that we can discuss it and put it in practise.

Jai Sree Krishna

--- On Tue, 11/25/08, DILIP KUMAR RAVINDRAN <prdili wrote:

DILIP KUMAR RAVINDRAN <prdiliRe: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur , "Dr.N . GOPALKRISHNAN Indian institute of Scientific Heritage" <gopaln, "dilip kumar" <prdili, " krishna Bhagvan" Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 11:15 AM

Namasteji

I am very happy to see the response from many

gurudevs regarding Manava seva.. All most all are

willing but , only afraid about Handling money.

Same like who will tie the bell on the neck of Cat.

Let me think loudly...

We Gurudev members are now 1204 members,

I think at least 25 % of us are maybe capable to

donate at least Rs 500 / - per month..if consider

300 members Can donate 500 each the amount will

be atleast Rs 150000..and others will donate

as much as they can.. like our Kodi jepam let us try

to fill this mission as a charity.

So what we can do .. nobody of us know when

Guruvayoorappan will call us back.. after that

also I pray to Guruvayoorappan let bless us to

remain our group with full strength and with

More knowledgable persons to guide our future Gurudevs. so to memmorise about Guruvayoor group,

why cant we start our own one Charity centre ,

Orphanage and a retirement home at Guruvayoor Itself under

the Supervision of our respected Savitriji, Sarojamji, Sastriji,

Gopalakrishnanji, Udhayabhanu panikkarji, Sunilji, veenaji,

Seemaji etc.. ( when we own like this respected, why should we

afraid ) . Start with a rental building for orphanage .On going we can do many

things buy the help of Gurudevs In our group and with the Blessing of our Kannan , any Miracle can be ...

Also we can take guidence from IISH ( Indian Institute of Heritage Centre Directors Dr. Gopal krishnanji and Dr. Sambasivanji also )

Also I Request to all devottes to Join guruvayoor Group To make our Group more strength.

Now I am member of 89 , but like our Guruvayoor Group nothing is worthy in allmeans and I am proud to say I am also a part of this group..

With the name of my Kannan I promise , I will Contribute my efforts in all means As much as I can.

with regards

dilip --- On Sun, 11/23/08, Veena <veeus18 wrote:

Veena <veeus18Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 3:15 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear members, it is very nice to see so many members interested in participating in a worthy cause. Sunilji and I talked about this and he is very happy that members are keen on participating in manava seva. But like Chandraji and A. Nairji suggested/cautioned we also think that we need to make sure the mechanism through which the scheme is implemented is a solid one. We hope that Guruvayurappan will himself guide us to the person and the method that will make this possible; Sajanji has raised some excellent pts and so has Udaybhanuji. The main question here is how to go about doing this?--do we identify 1/2 people for one project, members of this group, who will act as the point person for a project and will be responsible for ensuring that the money finds its way to the proper people and is used properly? and also update us on the progress?-- do we look for a person, a member/friend/ family member in

India who maybe able to make periodic visits to the project site and give some idea of things there?--the other alternative is identifying a bank or some other means through which to implement the project.--what wd be the criteria for selecting the projects? HariPrasadji' s project, Vimalaji's project all are worthy causes. Shd we support one project at a time or more than one? How do we decide the project?If you look through the archives you will see that we have in the past talked about collecting money for Guruvayoor related projects, such as improving facilities for devotees etc; but some of us have always been a bit skeptical about bringing in money; as all of us know, money in the right hands can do wonders; in the wrong hands can put at risk the existence of this group. I am sure all of us love this group too much to let that happen.I would request members to take some time and think carefully on these points and

come up with some concrete ideas/suggestions: Imagine there are 10 members who give you 500 Rs every month for the next 5 years and want you to invest it in India, helping the orphans or the aged or some cause such as the Vedic school. How would you do it? Our whole emphasis has to be on transparency and trustworthiness. When Sunilji comes back we can consider these ideas and take concrete steps to implement something. As with any good project, all it takes is for 2/3 people to have the vision and then more people will be attracted to it and help give shape to it. I would humbly request the elders to consider this seriously and share their thoughts and put forth suggestions in this regard.May Guruvayurappan guide us all in all our efforts.He is the Giver and the Receiver too.Veena.--- On Sat, 11/22/08, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar @> wrote:

Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar @>Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur@grou ps.comSaturday, November 22, 2008, 2:57 AM

Dear Seema Ravindran and other Family members,

Maanava Seva, from the discussion so far, I understand that a lot of us are doing it on a personal level. But we are not much willing to do it as a group. Le t me share my thoughts and experience in this field with you all. I have been involved in this field in both ways. The effect of personal level Maanava seva has limited effect on the social structure, and it has no much of a rippling effect. It doesn�t reciprocate much or it doesn�t encourage others to do the same. But a group effort will create rippling effects and the Seva will have much more positive results. So to be more effective it has to be done in an organizational way. Until we do so it will not have any noticeable effect, at least that is what my experience is.

Two very effective and productive way of helping the poor is to give scholarships to poor children and to give orphanages with proved track record of spending the money entirely for poor children in a very creative way. That is to orphanages which put the money to use in a very positive way and give the children a real home. I mean to give to orphanages which also do productive works other than just feeding children and try to make them productive people who will do good to the society.

I am all for such an action plan. I promise all my efforts to help such a program.

Of course money can create lot of problems, but with out that we can not survive and we can not help poor and needy people. The wealth remain with us after our legitimate and positive needs for our decent survival must be used for Maanava Seva and that money used for Seva can do a lot of good. I am sure if we put our efforts into it we can make avoid all the ill effects some of you have pointed out and create a way to do very good Maanava Seva. Remember we are not the owners of the wealth HE gave us. We are only the mangers of it. So let us manage it the best way for all by helping the poor. That is the best bhakthi Maargam. There is no better bhakthi than Seva. Our Kannan on whose name we formed the group did not have to do all the Seva he did. But He did it to show us that Seva for the poor and needy is the best of bhakthi. So let us at least try.

Thanks to all of you.sunil tharol <stharol > wrote:

Seemaji

Rgds

Hariji,

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

Krishna Guruvayoorappa,

Dear Seemaji,

Thanks and prayers,

G. Hari Prasad

Krishna Guruvayoorappa

group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society. This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.Please let me know what you all think of it.Jai Sree KrishnaSincerely, Udayabhanu Panickar aum namahh Shivaaya The vow not to kill is great indeed, and greater still is non-eating of the flesh; There would be no butcher if there is non to eat, In eating thus abides the cruder ill, as he is the reason for the killing.

Guest guest

Dear Seema:

Could you please let us know where this orphanage and vedic teaching

centre are located?

Thanks

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Seema Ravindran

<seemawarrier wrote:

> Respected members,

> In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi

> orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial

> assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity

> works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as

> Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes.

> Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can.

> That way we can have a group contribution.

> In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute

> accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to

> Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The

> members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money

> is spent.

> Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly

> and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the

> group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society.

> This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan's

> blessings in this endeavour also.

> Jai Sree Krishna

>

>

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

By the grace of Lord Guruvayoorappan we all are blessed and our forum is a virtuous one and above the ground level with no physical address. Even though virtually we have not reached the top level of spirituality, we are definitely above the ordinary forums as our collective prayers are usually answered. We all, from different parts of the globe, are connected and closer mentally and spiritually, without meeting anyone physically (some fortunate ones have done that too). In our forum we have no hatred towards any but only love, faith and respect towards all. Hence it is obvious our group prayers are answered affirmatively. We have neither a physical address nor confined to one particular place. If we have to do financial transactions, we need to have a physical address, confined to one particular place, a physical body to maintain the account and observe the law of

the land, and periodically reporting to the group and to the Government of its activity. This is degrading ourselves to the lower level down to earth that attract besides dust, all other vices, such as "hate", "anger", "ego" etc. There are other physical bodies and groups that do carry Manava Seva. For those who live in USA, KHNA (Kerala Hindus of North America) does distribute scholarships to the needy one in Kerala. I am a member of that body and donate my mite every year.

Few might have heard ACT (Ammucare Charitable Trust) in India

ammucare/

which accepts donations, only in Indian Rupees, and I know their performance of helping the needy is really praiseworthy.

Cant we use these forums or similar forums to fulfill our desire of "Manava Seva"? Do we -our group- need to lower our level and go DOWN?

I am only an ordinary person, assisting the Acting Moderator (Veena) in the absence of the owner/cum Moderator, Sunil Menon, (our Sarathy as justifiably described by Shri Savithri Puram) and he will decide the course of action in this matter (Manava Seva) when he return hale and hearty. His decision will be final.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

Seema Warrier <seemawarrierguruvayur Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:38:28 AM[Guruvayur] Re: Manava seva

Dear Veenaji,I think bank will be a good option. We can open an account in a nationalised bank. Those who want to send their contribution can send it directly to bank. We can instruct the bank to divert the funds to the causes selected by the group. I feel we can start with Ambadi orphanage and Veda teaching centre. We can fix a minimum to be transferred by the bank every half year, or annually depending on the contributions, I feel, a little more to orphanage. If any member in this group is working in a bank, they can guide us about the formalities. that way, we can ensure that the funds are transferred. I hope we can ask the bank or the person managing it to post the statements in the group so that everybody can see it.Hope we will be able to do something. Let Guruvayoorappan guide us.Jai Sree Krishnaguruvayur@grou ps.com, Veena <veeus18 > wrote:>> Om Namo Narayanaya.> > > Dear members, it is very nice to see so many members interested in participating in a worthy cause. Sunilji and I talked about this and he is very happy that members are keen on participating in manava seva. But like Chandraji and A. Nairji suggested/cautioned we also think that we need to make sure the mechanism through which the scheme is implemented is a solid one. We hope that Guruvayurappan will himself guide us to the person and the method that will make this possible; Sajanji has raised some excellent pts and so has Udaybhanuji. The main question here is how to go about doing this?> --do we identify 1/2 people for one project, members of this group, who will act as the point person for a project and will be responsible for

ensuring that the money finds its way to the proper people and is used properly? and also update us on the progress?> -- do we look for a person, a member/friend/ family member in India who maybe able to make� periodic visits to the project site and give some idea of things there?> --the other alternative is identifying a bank or some other means through which to implement the project.> --what wd be the criteria for selecting the projects? HariPrasadji' s project, Vimalaji's project all are worthy causes. Shd we support one project at a time or more than one? How do we decide the project?> > If you look through the archives you will see that we have in the past talked about collecting money for Guruvayoor related projects, such as improving facilities for devotees etc; but some of us have always been a bit skeptical about bringing in money; as all of us know, money in

the right hands can do wonders; in the wrong hands can put at risk the existence of this group. I am sure all of us love this group too much to let that happen.> > I would request members to take some time and think carefully on these points and come up> with some concrete ideas/suggestions: Imagine there are 10 members who give you 500 Rs every month for the next 5 years and want you to invest it in India, helping the orphans or the aged or some cause such as the Vedic school. How would you do it? Our whole emphasis has to be on> transparency and trustworthiness. When Sunilji comes back we can consider these ideas and take concrete steps to implement something. As with any good project, all it takes is for 2/3 people to have the vision and then more people will be attracted to it and help give shape to it. I would humbly request the elders to consider this seriously and share

their thoughts and put forth suggestions in this regard.> > May Guruvayurappan guide us all in all our efforts. He is the Giver and the Receiver too.> > Veena.> > --- On Sat, 11/22/08, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanicka r wrote:> Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanicka r> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Saturday, November 22, 2008, 2:57 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Seema Ravindran and other Family members, � Maanava Seva, from the discussion so far, I understand that a lot of us are doing it on a personal level. But we are not much willing to do it as a group. Le t me share my

thoughts and experience in this field with you all. I have been involved in this field in both ways. The effect of personal level Maanava seva has limited effect on the social structure, and it has no much of a rippling effect. It doesn�t reciprocate much or it doesn�t encourage others to do the same. But a group effort will create rippling effects and the Seva will have much more positive results. So to be more effective it has to be done in an organizational way. Until we do so it will not have any noticeable effect, at least that is what my experience is. � Two very effective and productive way of helping the> poor is to give scholarships to poor children and to give orphanages with proved track record of spending the money entirely for poor children in a very creative way. That is to orphanages which put the money to use in a very positive way and give the children a real

home. I mean to give to orphanages which also do productive works other than just feeding children and try to make them productive people who will do good to the society. � I am all for such an action plan. I promise all my efforts to help such a program. � Of course money can create lot of problems, but with out that we can not survive and we can not help poor and needy people. The wealth remain with us after our legitimate and positive needs for our decent survival must be used for Maanava Seva and that money used for Seva can do a lot of good. I am sure if> we put our efforts into it we can make avoid all the ill effects some of you have pointed out and create a way to do very good Maanava Seva. Remember we are not the owners of the wealth HE gave us. We are only the mangers of it. So let us manage it the best way for all by helping the poor. That is the best bhakthi Maargam. There is

no better bhakthi than Seva. Our Kannan on whose name we formed the group did not have to do all the Seva he did. But He did it to show us that Seva for the poor and needy is the best of bhakthi. So let us at least try. � Thanks to all of you.> sunil tharol <stharol > wrote: Seemaji � The Idea put forward by you is really a wonderful one and I am fully in favour of this and shall do the needful once finalised � Rgds � Sunil Tharol> > --- On Wed, 11/19/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:> Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Date:> Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:53 PM> > Hariji, Thanks for

your reply. In fact yours is the only mail I received for this proposal. I had talked about this to Sunilji some time back and he only asked me to put this idea in the group. But unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested.> The idea is very simple. We have more than 1000 members in this group. If all the members can contribute Rs. 100/- in a year (less than Rs. 10/- per month - I hope I am not asking for too much), just imagine, we can have Rs. 100,000/- - a decent sum that we can donate to any orphanage or any other such good cause, as decided by the group. It is as they say "Palla thulli peru vellam". I request all the members to think about it and let me know what you think - whether favorable or unfavaourable. Jai Sree> Krishna � Seema> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, harig preetha <harigpreetha@ > wrote:>

harig preetha <harigpreetha@ >> Re: [Guruvayur] Manava seva> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Monday, November 17, 2008, 12:33 AM> > � Krishna Guruvayoorappa, � Dear Seemaji, � Thanks you very much for coming out with a very constructive idea to help those who are less fortunate than us, even though we are not sure when them same is going to be materialised. I request all the devotees, those�who can afford, to come forward with some help for the social cause. � If any one can> make available the bank details of the veda school, I would like to contribute some money for the noble purpose.� � Thanks and prayers, � G. Hari Prasad> Krishna Guruvayoorappa> --- On Fri, 11/7/08, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:> Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>>

[Guruvayur] Manava seva> "Guruvayur" <guruvayur@gro u ps.com>> Friday, November 7, 2008, 6:23 PM> > Respected members,> In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as> Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes. Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can. That way we can have a group contribution.> In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and

see for themselves as to how the money is spent.> Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society.> This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s blessings in this endeavour also.> Please let me know what you all think of it.> Jai Sree> Krishna> > > > > > > > Sincerely,> > Udayabhanu Panickar> aum namahh Shivaaya> The vow not to kill is great indeed, and greater still is non-eating of the flesh; There would be no butcher if there> is non to eat, In eating thus abides the cruder ill, as he is the reason for the killing.>

Guest guest

There are orphanages run by Mathru Sakthi in several places for girls and boys. The one I was helping to fund is in Aluva on the banks of river Periyar. We in Bharat Vikas Parishad, Kaloor, Kochi financed them to meet their expenditure for food. We used to collect funds from our members and used to pay them Rs,2000/- pm. and now they are patronised by many people in Kochi. Most of the girls are very good in singing songs, dancing, and in their studies. One girl evinced interest in pursuing her studies for nursing and Lakshmi Hospital in Ernakulam were prepared to take her without any security deposit. One of our friends from Detroit, US, Dr.Unnikrishnan helped us to enable her to continue her nursing studies and now she is completing her degree course in nursing this year. There are ever so many children receiving finance from us for their studies, books and

clothes etc. --- On Tue, 25/11/08, Epics 07 <epics07 wrote:Epics 07 <epics07Re: [Guruvayur] Manava sevaguruvayur Date: Tuesday, 25 November, 2008, 8:40 PM

Dear Seema:

Could you please let us know where this orphanage and vedic teaching

centre are located?

Thanks

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Seema Ravindran

<seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:

> Respected members,

> In a short span of a few months, we came to know of an orphanage - ambadi

> orphanage and a veda teaching centre both of which require financial

> assistance. There may be many other institutions doing honourable charity

> works needing financial help. My suggestion is, why not we all, as

> Guruvayoor group, pool our resources and contribute to worthy causes.

> Members interested can contribute in whichever or whatever way they can.

> That way we can have a group contribution.

> In Bahrain, a group of malayalees collect money every year (each contribute

> accoring to their will subject to a minimum) which is contributed to

> Valsalya Bhavan - an orphanage run by a Chrishtian missionery in Cochin. The

> members can go to Valsalya Bhavan and see for themselves as to how the money

> is spent.

> Likewise, can we too as a group, collect money, either halfyearly or yearly

> and send it to some orphanages or such suitable causes as decided by the

> group? I think it will be a very good service we can do to the society..

> This is a blessed group and I am sure we will have Guruvayoorappan' s

> blessings in this endeavour also.

> Jai Sree Krishna

>

>

Check out the all-new face of India.