IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Namasthe -Actions of devotees -1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

In Naarada bhakthi sutra, Narada explains about different actions of bhakthaas . Narada says some actions done by bhakthaas are never accused. But if an ordinary person does the same actions or similar actions, with selfish motives, then we accuse them. It is interesting to note how Bhakthi- tempted trespasses are never accused.

1.Take the case of Prahlaada disobeying his father. Of course Hiranyakashipu was very upset and did everything he could do to make him obey his words. But we do not see it as a bad quality of Prahlaada. Prahlaadaa's disobedience was not meant to destroy his father, but actually to save him and all his people. When pure bhakthi is the reason behind any action, it becomes a " tapas " . It is a grave mistake for a son to disobey father. But Prahlaadaa's disobedience tempted by Bhakthi made him the greatest devotee. Also because of the " sangam " of Bhaktha Prahlaada, all the other Asura children started worshipping Lord Krishna and became great devotees. This is an example of the significance of satsangam.

2.Vibhishana disowned his brother Ravana because of his Bhakthi towards lord Rama. Vibhishana advised Ravana and told him to surrender to Srirama because He is none other than Lord Vishnu Himself. But Ravana's " aasuric " or demonic nature tempted him to ignore his brother's warning. Vibhishana said: Oh! my brother ! Rama resolves on Truth and his resolution can never fail. Your time is running out; so too, the time of your followers. I am going to take refuge with Rama. I have done my best to save you. I have nothing to repent for; I have not done any wrong. " With these words, he left Ravana. Reciting with every breath Rama, Rama, Vibhishana decided to discard his brother and join Lord Rama. He wanted to surrender to Rama and spend the rest of his life in the company of the devotees of Rama. His Bhakthi persuaded to reject the " durjjana samsargam " or company of bad people even though the evil people were unfortunately his own brothers and his followers.

Regards and prayers

Savitri