IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

(Anjana Sreedhara & Aththalil Gopikal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna

Dear Naliniji

Attached herewith please receive the devotional song" Anjana Sreedhara" of Sri Poonthanam .

Also attached is yet another song "Aththalil Gopikal" which is very good and full of bhakti

and I am sure you will like chanting the same again and again

Humbly

Syamala--- On Sun, 6/22/08, nalini sree <nalinisree_nair wrote:

nalini sree <nalinisree_nair[Guruvayur] (unknown)guruvayur Date: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 3:55 PM

Hare krishna...If any one know full slokam / song of Sri Poontham's Anjana Sreedhara ...kindly send to me.nalinihare krishna

Guest guest

Dear Shyamala,

Thank you for sending the two prayers. I was not familiar with the Atthalil one,. This touched me very much. ,so simple words with profound meaning!.Anjana Sreedhara is so famous and it is part of the daily prayer for millions.

Thanks again.

Sreedevi Menon

--- On Mon, 6/23/08, Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath wrote:

Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunathRe: [Guruvayur] ("Anjana Sreedhara" & "Aththalil Gopikal"guruvayur Date: Monday, June 23, 2008, 10:45 PM

Jai Sreekrishna

Dear Naliniji

Attached herewith please receive the devotional song" Anjana Sreedhara" of Sri Poonthanam .

Also attached is yet another song "Aththalil Gopikal" which is very good and full of bhakti

Humbly

Syamala--- On Sun, 6/22/08, nalini sree <nalinisree_nair@ > wrote:

nalini sree <nalinisree_nair@ >[Guruvayur] (unknown)guruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, June 22, 2008, 3:55 PM

Hare krishna...If any one know full slokam / song of Sri Poontham's Anjana Sreedhara ...kindly send to me.nalinihare krishna

Guest guest

Jai SreekrishnaDear SreeramjiThank you for this information. In fact I got this lovely song from a stotramala named 'AGRE PASHYAMI"which contains many devotional songs for nitya parayanam publihsed by Giri Trading . However, the name of the author is not wrtten. When Smt. Naliniji asked for Anjana Sreedhanara and I was going to scan the same for her, I thought sharing this song as well as it was just on the previous page of the book. Maybe this is also HIS niyogamHumblySyamala--- On Wed, 6/25/08, SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheriRe: [Guruvayur] ("Anjana Sreedhara" & "Aththalil

Gopikal"guruvayur Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 6:20 PM

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa!The song Aththalil Gopikal if I remember correctly is one of recent origin - having been written by Sri Chendamangalam Radhakrishnan - who is a retired bank employee and an eminent astrologer in Thrissur. He is more than 75 years old and lives right next to the ThaayamkuLangara Subramania Swamy temple (near Cherpu) and is an ardent devotee of Sri Guruvayurappan and Subramanian (who is his patron deity). He happens to have some siddhi as far as astrology is concerned - his jyothisha guru never taught him anything since the guru understood that this man has learnt astrology perfectly in his previous birth. The guru simply blessed him - thats

all.When I visited Radhakrishnan chETTan (as he is addressed by one and all) once, he showed me the songs he has written - and he mentioned that this song is very popular as a

traditional song - but the author is practically unknown to many! and then he admitted that he has written this song. This is just for information of the forum members.-sriram======--- On Tue, 6/24/08, Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath@ > wrote:Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath@ >Re: [Guruvayur] ("Anjana Sreedhara" & "Aththalil Gopikal"guruvayur@grou ps.comTuesday, June 24, 2008, 11:15 AM

Jai Sreekrishna

Dear Naliniji

Humbly

Syamala--- On Sun, 6/22/08, nalini sree <nalinisree_nair@ > wrote:

nalini sree <nalinisree_nair@ >[Guruvayur] (unknown)guruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, June 22, 2008, 3:55 PM