IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

(Guruvayur) Doubts Cleared....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shree Guruvayoorappan Saranam ! . Dear Bhaktas and Bhaktins , Thank you Sunitaji for your honest view points . Our Vedic religion is facing serious threats from other religions as well as Hindu-born secularists, communists and atheists . We are peace loving Vedic followers , but others have always been interfering in our religious matters and harming us . During the rule of all Muslim kings (except Akbar) no effort

was spared to destroy the Vedic religion . During the reign of Aurangaseeb and Tippu Sultan, thousands of Hindu temples were destroyed and millions of faithful Hindus were slaughtered ; and millions were forcefully converted . Brahmins were targeted specifically in order to root out Vedic religion . Recently , Swamy Narayan temple and Manipur ISKCON temples were bombed and many innocent devotees killed . All major Hindu temples are under threat . Even our beloved Guruvayoor temple is under big threat . In Guruvayoor , police is trying their level best to fight the clear threat from other communities . We can’t blame only the followers of other religions for their hostile attitude . There is something anti-Vedic in their religious books which they are blindly following . The Pope says that ‘Salvation is possible only through Christianity and nothing else' . The Russian Arch Bishop publicly used bad words against Krishna . In Islam the holy book asks for more crushing measures that are listed below : VIII/12: When thy Lord inspired the angels (saying:) I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. XCVIII/6: Lo! those who disbelieve, among the people of the Scripture and idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings. IX/5: Then when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor- due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. IX/73: Oh Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. LXIX/30-37: (It will be said)Take him and fetter him and expose him to hell fire. And then insert him in a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits. Lo! he used not to believe in Allah the tremendous, and urged not on the feeding of the wretched. Therefore hath he no lover hear this day nor any food save filth which none but sinners eat.

XLIV/43-50: LO! the tree of Zaqqum (The tree that grows in the heart of hell bearing fruits like devil's heads) - the food of the sinner. Like molten brass, it seetheth in their bellies as the seething of boiling water. (And it will be said): Take him and drag him to the midst of hell, then pour upon his head the torment of boiling water. Saying: TASTE! LO! thou wast forsooth the mighty, the noble! Lo! this is that whereof ye used to doubt. IX/123: O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you and let them find harshness in you and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him). IV/144: O Ye who believe! choose not disbelievers for your friends in place of believers. Would you give

Allah a clear warrant against you ? (This verse clarifies the fact that a true Muslim can never be a friend of a person of another faith. People who believe otherwise are under delusion. ) IX/29: Fight those who do not profess the true faith (Islam) till they pay the jiziya (poll tax) with the hand of humility. ( This verse gave birth to the law that all non muslims living in an Islamic state have to pay the jiziya or poll tax for the privilege of being there. These people are called zimmis and are allowed to live and work in the Islamic lands under the following 20 disabilities: (one has to wonder if apartheid was derived from this) . They are not to build any new places of worship. They are not to repair any old places of worship which have been destroyed by the muslims. They are not to prevent muslim travellers from staying in their places of worship. They are to entertain for 3 days any Muslim who

wants to stay in their homes and for a longer period if the muslim falls ill. They are not to harbor any hostility or give aid and comfort to hostile elements. They are not to prevent any one of them from getting converted to Islam. They have to show respect to every Muslim. They have to allow Muslims to participate in their private meetings. They are not to dress like muslims. They are not to name themselves with Muslim names. They are not to ride on horses with saddle and bridle. They are not to possess arms. They are not to wear signet or seals on their fingers. They are not to sell or drink liquor openly They are to wear a distinctive dress which shows their inferior status and separates them from Muslims.

They are not to propagate their custom and usages among the muslims. They are not to build their houses in the neighbourhood of muslims. They are not to bring their dead near the graveyards of the muslims. They are not to observe their religious practices publicly or mourn their dead loudly. They are not to buy muslim slaves. In view of the above , It is very sad that , many scholarly Hindus are wasting their time and energy to glorify those cruel forces that are out to destroy our own sacred religion . It is a waste of time for Hindus to say that 'Deity worship' is different from 'Idol Worship' ,

since anything Vedic is evil to the abrahamic religions . Lord Krishna asked Arjuna to fight against the Demonic forces . The Lord didn’t sing “Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavathoo” when the demonic enemy was swinging his sword . A humble servant , --------- rsunitaa wrote…… Om Namo Narayanaya! Regarding religious tolerance, I do think tolerance is seen more

among Hindus than others and I attribute this to the way the religions have evolved. For example, when other religions evolved, the preachers of that religion condemned other existing religions to propagate their own religion. This is not true for Hinduism for obvious reasons. For example, Islam believes Allah has no form and they preach that any religion which worships Idols is not a true religion. We have several examples of this, where the idols in several temples were broken by the muslim rulers. It is true that GOD or Brahman of the Advaita philosophy is attributeless, but we all understand the significance of idol worship and know that it is a means to the end and not the end itself. So though what has been initially preached in Islam is right, people of later generations have contorted it. Similarly in Christianity, they

preach Jesus is your only savior. We would interpret it as God is your only savior, which is true. But several Christians believe that acknowledging any other form of God is disrespect to Jesus. Again here, due to the nature of Hinduism, most of us would say "Sarva deva namaskaram keshavam prathi gachati". So it does not matter which deity you pray to. I used to regularly watch Christian television in the U.S couple of years ago. I believe, religions may be different, but the essence of spirituality is the same in all religions. On one such occasion, the preacher was giving the example of a man who accidentally falls in to a pit and doesn't know what to do. He gives several examples and then says, if a Buddhist monk comes near the man in the ditch, he would just say you fell in to ditch due to your own karmas, hence keep

chanting OM. But when a Christian monk would come there, he would pray to Jesus and Jesus would save him. And again as I said earlier, I think slightly more tolerance exhibited by Hindus is because of the nature of the religion. I do not mean to say Hindus are not fanatics. I am sure all of us have come across Hindus who would say their chosen deity is the only form of GOD. In fact, each Purana would say that, I guess. But overall, the polytheism in Hindu culture has given rise to more tolerance among us. I see Hinduism more as a path to spirituality rather than a religion. It is a philosophy

proposed by ancient seers and not a religion propagated by a preacher. It is however, sad to note that due to its complex nature, an average person is unable to understand the essence of the same. To top it, most of the hymns are in Sanskrit, which is a language understood by few. The Vedas, which is considered to be the essence of the Sanatana dharma has been restricted to less than 1/8 of the Hindus for several generations, until recently. When a poojari comes home to perform a function, how many of Hindus can understand what he is doing, let alone the significance of the same? This, results in lack of interest and most people prefer to sit behind and chit chat. The situation is surely better in South-India where the participation of people in religious activities is more. It is interesting to note that, though the Vedic civilization started in the North, it is prevalent more in the South. Of course, I do not mean to say everything is in the south, nothing in the

North, but comparatively, I believe South India is more religiously active. For the Sanatana Dharma to survive, awareness among people has to increase. For people who hardly know anything about the greatness of the Sanatana Dharma, it is easy to accept huge amounts of money from the missionary in return of conversion, especially given the economic status of the people who are targeted for conversion. Just by saying the religion has survived several thousands of years and hence cannot be destroyed is the easy way out. Sri Paramacharya in the Hindu Dharma book says that Sanatana

Dharma was initially practiced in several parts of the worlds. He also gives several examples to corroborate the same. Now it is confined to parts of India and Nepal. The North-east for example has around 90% Christianity. So we have to realize that the size is shrinking... ...

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.