IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hari Om,

Posting a piece of info. Might make sense.

The deity also represents the God of Justice,

according to V.G. Pragasam, Advocate-on-Record,

Supreme Court of India. He is blindfolded by the Namam

or forehead mark; the scales of justice are his two

wives on either side of his chest with the sword of

justice hanging in between. With his slim and black

figure, the deity is said to represent Shani (Saturn).

He subjects one to the trying period of Shanidasa and

metes out the package of rewards and punishments in

the material and spiritual spheres.

Requesting othersto contribute

Om Namo Narayanayah

Balagopal

--- Sunita ramanthan <rsunitaa wrote:

Dear Bhaktas,

I have always been wondering as to what is the

significance of Shri Balaji having a namam that covers

his eyes. Please can any of the group members throw

light on this?

Thanks

Sunita

Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

protection around

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

Dear Sunita,

I hv read a story in a magazine years back abt the subject.From memory I say

that due ro the arrogant attitude of Bhrigu Rishi Goddess Lakshmy left Vaikunta

to kolhapur leaving Vishnu.Unable to bear her separation Lord Vishnu also left

Vaikunta and wandered abt.In course of time He came to Seshachala found it

interesting and settled down on a mountain in an ant hill on the bank of

Swamipushkarani.A cow used to go to that place and pour milk on the ant hill in

which Lord Vishnu was doing penance.Once the owner of the cow saw this and in

anger took an axe and wanted to kill the cow for wasting the milk in an ant hill

as he was not aware that Vishnu was doing penance there.His axe fell on the ant

hill and hit the temple brow of Vishnu and blood came out.The owner after

removing the ant hill saw Lord Vishnu bleeding.He gave Him proper treatment but

the scar was there on the temple brow of Vishnu and eventually when He became an

idol leaving His power in that the scar was in the idol

also.So in order to conceal the scar He was given a big NAMAM concealing His

eyes.The tradition continues everywhere where Balaji temples are there.This is a

version I hv read.There may be other similar stories also of which I hv no idea.

agraman.

Sunita ramanthan <rsunitaa wrote:

Dear Bhaktas,

I have always been wondering as to what is the

significance of Shri Balaji having a namam that covers

his eyes. Please can any of the group members throw

light on this?

Thanks

Sunita

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Guest guest

Shri Ganapathy Raman,

Thank you very much. After reading your e mail, i

recollected the story too that I had read several

years ago.

Sunita

--- GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote:

> Hare Krishna

>

> Dear Sunita,

>

> I hv read a story in a magazine years back abt the

> subject.From memory I say that due ro the arrogant

> attitude of Bhrigu Rishi Goddess Lakshmy left

> Vaikunta to kolhapur leaving Vishnu.Unable to bear

> her separation Lord Vishnu also left Vaikunta and

> wandered abt.In course of time He came to Seshachala

> found it interesting and settled down on a mountain

> in an ant hill on the bank of Swamipushkarani.A cow

> used to go to that place and pour milk on the ant

> hill in which Lord Vishnu was doing penance.Once the

> owner of the cow saw this and in anger took an axe

> and wanted to kill the cow for wasting the milk in

> an ant hill as he was not aware that Vishnu was

> doing penance there.His axe fell on the ant hill and

> hit the temple brow of Vishnu and blood came out.The

> owner after removing the ant hill saw Lord Vishnu

> bleeding.He gave Him proper treatment but the scar

> was there on the temple brow of Vishnu and

> eventually when He became an idol leaving His power

> in that the scar was in the idol

> also.So in order to conceal the scar He was given a

> big NAMAM concealing His eyes.The tradition

> continues everywhere where Balaji temples are

> there.This is a version I hv read.There may be other

> similar stories also of which I hv no idea.

>

> agraman.

>

> Sunita ramanthan <rsunitaa wrote:

> Dear Bhaktas,

> I have always been wondering as to what is

> the

> significance of Shri Balaji having a namam that

> covers

> his eyes. Please can any of the group members throw

> light on this?

> Thanks

> Sunita

>

>

>

> Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

hi sunita,Im also a group member(Guruvayoor), but didnt get the messgae which you mentioned...yet

check if it came thru group or only to youSunita ramanthan <rsunitaa wrote:

Hi, I got an e mail which said "Invitation to join the haindava_keralam group". I am wondering if everybody in the group got it. Also,does anybody know what it is. Sunita

Regards,Arun______

"Live Each Day With A Reason To Smile Another Day"

"The Man Who Removes A Mountain Begins By Carrying Away Small Stones"

Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football

Guest guest

sorry Shri. Sunita,I just now got that mail from some havooIts an invitation to join there group, dunno what the group is meant for.

Hi, I got an e mail which said "Invitation to join the haindava_keralam group". I am wondering if everybody in the group got it. Also,does anybody know what it is. Sunita

Regards,Arun______

Guest guest

Hi all..Sorry for the confusions..Ours is a discussion group..focussing on the problems of Hindus presently in kerala ..Those who are interested please join..Thanks..Arun Arun P Pillai <arunppillay wrote:

sorry Shri. Sunita,I just now got that mail from some havooIts an invitation to join there group, dunno what the group is meant for.

Regards,Arun______

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football

Guest guest

Hi Sunita,

I too hv got the mail as well another one abt protection of temple with some link details.I hv no idea abt that group.Hence I keep quiet.

agramanSunita ramanthan <rsunitaa wrote:

Hi, I got an e mail which said "Invitation to join the haindava_keralam group". I am wondering if everybody in the group got it. Also,does anybody know what it is. Sunita Discover Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM and more. Check it out! http://discover./online.htmlOm Namo Narayanaya:

Too much spam in your inbox? Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE!http://in.mail.

Guest guest

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

Dear Sunitha,

I could not find exactly what u have asked for. But, in parallel, I got a reference from "Padma Puranam" the 12 holy names of Sriman Narayana, one shud recite while applying TILAKAM on various parts of the body. It is stated in Padma Purana, Uttara khanda: "A practitioner should decorate his body with twelve marks while chanting the names of the Lord such as Kesava." The process for decorating the twelve parts of the body with the twelve tilaka marks is as follows:

!! lalate kesavam dhyayen narayanam athodare

vaksah-sthale madhavam tu govindam kantha-kupake

visnum ca daksine kuksau bahau ca madhusudanam

trivikramam kandhare tu vamanam vama-parsvake

sridharam vama-bahau tu hrsikesam tu kandhare

prsthe ca padmanabham ca katyam damodaram nyaset

tat praksalena-toyan tu vasudevaya murdhani

urdhva-pundram lalate tu sarvesam prathamam smrtam

lalatadi kremenaiva dharanan tu vidhiyate !!

"When one marks the forehead with tilaka, he must remember Kesava. When one marks the lower abdomen, he must remember Narayana. For the chest, one should remember Madhava, and when marking the hollow of the neck one should remember Govinda. Lord Visnu should be remembered while marking the right side of the belly, and Madhusudana should be remembered when marking the right arm. Trivikrama should be remembered when marking the right shoulder, and Vamana should be remembered when marking the left side of the belly. Sridhara should be remembered while marking the left arm, and Hrsikesa should be remembered when marking the left shoulder. Padmanabha and Damodara should be remembered when marking the back. Then one should wash with water and remember Vasudeva while wiping the hand on the head. One should put on tilaka on the forehead first. This is the rule. Then according to the above-mentioned procedure one should put on tilaka. The Lord has stated in Padma Purana: "My devotees always put on tilaka, which destros all kinds of fear."

Hope this may help you.

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

guruvayur [guruvayur ]On Behalf Of Sunita ramanthanSaturday, July 30, 2005 10:42 PMguruvayoor[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] (unknown)

Does anybody know the Slokam that has about 12 names of narayana, said as

Pratamam [Name of Narayana]

Dwitiyam [Name of Narayana]

Sunita

Guest guest

Please dont see this as fundamental outlook. I know many Chrisitians and Muslims who worship Lord Krishna. Yesudas has done wonderful service by singing for the lord and there are thousands of ISKCON devotees. But curioius to know what prompts your interest in Guruvayoorappan. A.J.Thomas <thomasaj1952guruvayur Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 1:03:26 AM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] (unknown)

Kind attention, Moderator!

I thank you very much for accepting me as a member.

Om Namo Narayanaya!!!!

A.J.Thomas.www.childrenfoundation.net

Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya Dear Mr. A.J. Thomas I Personally Welcome u to the guruvayoor group, enjoy your sessions with rich and healthy discussions, which I am doing since I have joined Om Namo Narayanaya Rgds Krishna Kumar "A.J.Thomas" <thomasaj1952 wrote: Kind attention, Moderator! I thank you very much for accepting me as a member. Om Namo Narayanaya!!!! A.J.Thomas.www.childrenfoundation.net Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger. Om Namo Narayanaya:

Photos Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Guest guest

Krishna Paramatma is common to all. I have been doing parayana of Narayaneeyam with the Malayalam commentary of Dr.B.C.Balakrishnan. I am a sadhaka for several years now. I suppose going merely by a name one can't be pinned down to a particular religion.Rajaram Venkataramani <v_raja_ram wrote: Please dont see this as fundamental outlook. I know many Chrisitians and Muslims who worship Lord Krishna. Yesudas has done wonderful service by singing for the lord and there are thousands of ISKCON devotees. But curioius to know what prompts your interest in Guruvayoorappan. ----- Original Message

----A.J.Thomas <thomasaj1952guruvayur Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 1:03:26 AM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] (unknown) Kind attention, Moderator! I thank you very much for accepting me as a member. Om Namo Narayanaya!!!! A.J.Thomas.www.childrenfoundation.net Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger. www.childrenfoundation.netSend instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Guest guest

That is true... A.J.Thomas <thomasaj1952guruvayur Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:22:59 AMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] (unknown)

Krishna Paramatma is common to all. I have been doing parayana of Narayaneeyam with the Malayalam commentary of Dr.B.C.Balakrishnan. I am a sadhaka for several years now. I suppose going merely by a name one can't be pinned down to a particular religion.Rajaram Venkataramani <v_raja_ram wrote:

Please dont see this as fundamental outlook. I know many Chrisitians and Muslims who worship Lord Krishna. Yesudas has done wonderful service by singing for the lord and there are thousands of ISKCON devotees. But curioius to know what prompts your interest in Guruvayoorappan. A.J.Thomas <thomasaj1952guruvayur Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 1:03:26 AM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] (unknown)

Kind attention, Moderator!

I thank you very much for accepting me as a member.

Om Namo Narayanaya!!!!

A.J.Thomas.www.childrenfoundation.net Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger. www.childrenfoundation.net

Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Guest guest

Dear Thomas, While welcoming you to the Group I also admire the bold initiative taken by Sunil in getting you admitted.Great service by Sunil. A G RamanKrishna Kumar <dolphinate2001 wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya Dear Mr. A.J. Thomas I Personally Welcome u to the guruvayoor group, enjoy your sessions with rich and healthy discussions, which I am doing since I have joined Om Namo Narayanaya Rgds Krishna Kumar "A.J.Thomas" <thomasaj1952 wrote: Kind attention, Moderator! I thank you very much for accepting me as a member. Om Namo Narayanaya!!!! A.J.Thomas.www.childrenfoundation.net Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger. Om Namo Narayanaya: PhotosGot holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP. Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Guest guest

Dear Mr.Krishnakumar, Thank you for your sincere sentiments. In Guru's grace, Om Namo Narayanaya!!! A.J.Thomas.Krishna Kumar <dolphinate2001 wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya Dear Mr. A.J. Thomas I Personally Welcome u to the guruvayoor group, enjoy your sessions with rich and healthy discussions, which I am doing since I have joined Om Namo Narayanaya Rgds Krishna Kumar "A.J.Thomas" <thomasaj1952 wrote: Kind attention, Moderator! I thank you very much for accepting me as a member. Om Namo Narayanaya!!!! A.J.Thomas.www.childrenfoundation.net Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger. Om Namo Narayanaya: PhotosGot holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP. www.childrenfoundation.netSend instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Guest guest

Ohm Narayanaya Namah I have saved the story some-time back, and now I have the story in pictures too. It is a lesson for all of us. Thanks for the beautiful presentation Chandra Sekharan menonkpgangadharan nair <kpgangadharan wrote: Om Namo Bhagvate Vasudevaya.I am attaching herewith one apple tree story which isvery meaningfull and request you to pass thismessage to others who are in not in this group too.ThanksKP

Gangadharan

Guest guest

you can down load from here http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/devotional/m/language.13mahalingam lingam <mahalingamguy wrote: my beloved god is sri guruvayurappa, he is only god who saves my life, i want to know about guruvayurappan songs download The DELETE button on Mail is unhappy. Know why?

Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Ones,

To Avoid Bomb blasts in our country, we should have real

brother-hood. To stop terrorism, we need all the cultures equally live and

practice in this world.

All the religions in India should co-exist with peace and prosperity, But the

other sides Agenda is different along with the petty uneducated, atheist

politicians. So Utthistatha Jaagratha!... TASMAAT JAGRATHA JAGRATHA!

Allengil kaai vittu pokum pinne dukhichittu karyamilla.

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

On 7/10/07, Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath wrote:

>

> Jai Sreekrishna

>

> Dear all

>

> I refer to my message forwarded a few moments ago regarding the bomb

> blasts that rocked Mumbai on 11.7.2006 and paying my tribute to the

> departed sould. I am sorry it is not a matter related to Bhakti . I

> realised the same just after posting the message and I am sorry for any

> inconvenience that might have caused to any members on account of this.

>

> I shall take due care while posting messages in future.

>

> Humbly

> Syamala

>

> ------------------------------

> Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your

pocket:<http://us.rd./evt=48253/*http://mobile./go?refer=1GNXI\

C>mail, news, photos more.

>

>

>

--

dotcompals: www.dotcompals.in

..Org domain Names for just 2.5 USD

Krishna Prasad

Dare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown'

The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.

If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest.

As Poojya Gurudev said it,

" Open your eyes. Burst your shell.

Spread your wings and fly! "

Swami Chinmayananda

Hate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an

excess of hatred. "

Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna Dear Saanthipapli Very nice to read that you returned after Nalambala and Guruvayoor Darshanam. Thank you for praying for the whole group. Good decision that you preferred to enter the temple with our traditional dress. Laws will come and go, but that cannot change the mentality anyone devoted to Kannan and I lthnk all those who have been following the regulations all these years will stick to it. Our Kannan knows what to do when and so let us leave everything unto HIM. We all want the sanctity of our Bhooloka Vaikuntam to maintained as it is and let us pray to HIM sincerely which will definitely be answered. Humbly SyamalaSaanthipapli <saanthipapli wrote: Dear friends and elders i just return back from nalabala darsanam & guruvyur dharsanam even though they allowed chudithar our family has taken a decision that we will go only with set mundu .now some people started coming with jeans & tops. any way . i had very good dharsanam . i felt all around me was our members . un expected some body called my family & gave paal payasam . Hope this is a good sign of starting in my life. My daughty daughter( 3yr) who is not quit even for a minute

was silent for nearlt 2 and half an hr .I prayed for all our group members . Amme Narayan Devi Narayan Lakshmi Narayan Badre Narayana Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles.Visit the Auto Green Center.

Guest guest

Guys,

Love those pics. Please keep sending more of those...

nisha raj <nishuraj123guruvayur Sent: Monday, August 6, 2007 1:07:52 PM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] (unknown)

5, 50, 500, 5000. Store N number of mails in your inbox.

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.