IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I Award Courage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna my dear devotees, I hope your week has been blessed and your chanting peaceful and full of realisations with the Lord. The more we surrender to the Lord's names the more our relationship with Krsna gets stronger. I was reading a nice post from H.H. Sacinandana Swami about his experience in a hospital saying how he could surrender to Krsna and how the Lord kept His promise protecting him as a devotee. This are nice prayers from Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, hope you like it.

O Lord – You are full of compassion and mercy.You surely drive away all fears – since everything is under Your control.No one else in this world has the power to rescue me.

I have given up everything now and come to Your feet.I am Your eternal servant and You my only maintainer.I no longer belong to myself.I am Yours.From Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura

We all have so many fears and attachments to this world but when we pray we reconnect our thoughts to the Lord and we try to enter into another world where Krsna resides and remains inside ourselves. I have said here many times that I usually remember the Lord in my darkest times in life, this is not good cause I should be in this surrender mood all the time, but in my case I feel more moved to pray and chant better when I am desperate and in emotional or physical pain.

I was very fearful when the doctor said I needed to undergo a surgery and this is the only way to fix a problem I have so then I thought what about my kids and my students and also my life, what if I die and many other thoughts came to me... so when I saw Maharaja writing about how the Lord protects us I thought that we need to trust the Lord protects His devotees and I will be with my beads and the holy names - I will be taking more shelter on this service and also I have a good opportunity to preach and distribute prasadam. So I became more relieved and now I am stronger to accept what is necessary to make this body healthier and stronger to serve the Lord more and more.

When we daily chant maybe we don't recognize our advancement or our faith increasing but when we are tested we are able to see how the Lord is protecting us and keeping His promises all the time. There is a wonderful text about the divine promise:

It is My vow that if one only once seriously surrenders unto Me, saying ‘My dear Lord, from this day I am Yours,’ and prays to Me for courage, I shall immediately award courage to that person, and he will always remain safe from that time on.

CC Madhya-lila 22.34; Ramayana Yuddha-kanda 18.33May the Lord protect you always and show you where He is acting and protecting your life in all areas by seeing that your heart may become grateful of the Lords love towards you.

your servant,Aruna devi

-- In this material world the conditioned soul is very much distracted from his original all-knowing, all-blissful nature as Krishna's eternal servant because he is carried away by the so-called taste of material sense gratification. This artificial taste is encouraged and exploited by the materialistic propaganda mongers who make a handsome profit by misguiding the people in general promoting cigarettes, liquor, prostitution, meat eating, etc. The foolish sense enjoyer tries to become happy by squeezing as much pleasure as possible out of these things, but because there is no factual pleasure in sense gratification, the poor soul is ultimately left in a state of frustration and bewilderment. If, however, he will reconnect with his original transcendental nature diving deep into his eternal identity as the servant of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he will taste a pleasure that is unlimitedly sublime and will go on increasing forever.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare