OM SARAVANABHAVAYA NAMAHA!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vanakkam/Namaste/Satsriakal,

I'm a Sikh who believes in Hinduism. Besides worshipping

other Hindu deities, i also worship Lord Muruga(especially on

tuesdays). I've participated & carried Kavadi for 3 consecutive

Thaipusam since the age of 16. Since then, i'm an ardent Hindu

bhakta who also have faith in the grace of Lord Muruga.

I'm planning to chant 'Sri Subramanya Bhujangham' especially

on tuesdays for Lord Muruga. Could anyone please tell me that

what does Lord Muruga likes as His favourite offerings(what kind

of fruit, flowers, leaf, articles, etc is most favourit to Him?). Just

like Goddess Ambal likes garland of lime fruit, neem leafes,

kumkumam, etc. Ofcourse abhishegam, dheebam, dhoobam,

etc are compulsary in worshiiping every Hindu deities, but there

are certain speciality in which every deities has. Thank you!

VETRI VEL MURUGA!

Guest guest

chanliddar <chanliddar wrote:

Vanakkam/Namaste/Satsriakal, I'm a Sikh who believes in Hinduism. Besides worshipping other Hindu deities, i also worship Lord Muruga(especially on tuesdays). I've participated & carried Kavadi for 3 consecutive Thaipusam since the age of 16. Since then, i'm an ardent Hindu bhakta who also have faith in the grace of Lord Muruga. I'm planning to chant 'Sri Subramanya Bhujangham' especially on tuesdays for Lord Muruga. Could anyone please tell me that what does Lord Muruga likes as His favourite offerings(what kind of fruit, flowers, leaf, articles, etc is most favourit to Him?). Just like Goddess Ambal likes garland of lime fruit, neem leafes, kumkumam, etc. Ofcourse abhishegam, dheebam, dhoobam, etc are compulsary in worshiiping every Hindu deities, but there are certain speciality in

which every deities has. Thank you!VETRI VEL MURUGA! Lot of Thanks for giving information about lord muruga swami.I am northindian bhatt brahmin hindi speaking based at nagpur.I am having strong belif on bhakti of lord MURUGA SWAMI kindly let me know about likings of lord muruga- weekly day & special tithi for observing fast,name of flower,colour of cloths, kinds of fruits,strotra for reading every day,(LIKE HANUMAN CHALEESA)and other information for creating sahajbhakti. 'NAMASKARM'

Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes

Guest guest

Namaste

Your message is very interesting. Let me offer my little assistance.

Usually Murugan prayers are in Tamil. But a very powerful mantra to repeated recitation is "Om Saravana Bhava". A very popular and powerful prayer is called Skanda Sashti Kavacham (but this is Tamil). You can buy the CD and play it on the day you dedicate to Muruga.

Mangoes and bananas are quite appropriate to offer to Murugan. Most important is your devotion or bhakti. Murugan values it the most.

Re flowers, I'm not aware of any particular favorite in this respect. Normal jasmine garlands (as available in Singapore) or regular garlands (rose, rajnigandha, gulmohar) as you see in India should be alright.

Special days dedicated to Murugan worship are called Sashti. This is usually the 6th day after the new moon and before the full moon. The Tamil calender (which you buy from any shop) will call it "Sashti". People observe this day every month by going on fast. But I suggest you consult your panditji about when is Skanda Sashti every month.

Best wishes to you and your devotion to Muruga

"Sharma L.K" <sharma_lkin wrote:

chanliddar <chanliddar wrote: Vanakkam/Namaste/Satsriakal, I'm a Sikh who believes in Hinduism. Besides worshipping other Hindu deities, i also worship Lord Muruga(especially on tuesdays). I've participated & carried Kavadi for 3 consecutive Thaipusam since the age of 16. Since then, i'm an ardent Hindu bhakta who also have faith in the grace of Lord Muruga. I'm planning to chant 'Sri Subramanya Bhujangham' especially on tuesdays for Lord Muruga. Could anyone please tell me that what does Lord Muruga likes as His favourite offerings(what kind of fruit, flowers, leaf, articles, etc is most favourit to Him?). Just like Goddess Ambal likes garland of lime fruit, neem leafes, kumkumam, etc. Ofcourse abhishegam, dheebam, dhoobam, etc are compulsary in worshiiping every Hindu deities, but there are certain speciality in

which every deities has. Thank you!VETRI VEL MURUGA! Lot of Thanks for giving information about lord muruga swami.I am northindian bhatt brahmin hindi speaking based at nagpur.I am having strong belif on bhakti of lord MURUGA SWAMI kindly let me know about likings of lord muruga- weekly day & special tithi for observing fast,name of flower,colour of cloths, kinds of fruits,strotra for reading every day,(LIKE HANUMAN CHALEESA)and other information for creating sahajbhakti. 'NAMASKARM'

Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes

Guest guest

-

chanliddar

dhandapani

Tuesday, January 20, 2004 4:25 PM

OM SARAVANABHAVAYA NAMAHA!

Vanakkam/Namaste/Satsriakal, I'm a Sikh who believes in Hinduism. Besides worshipping other Hindu deities, i also worship Lord Muruga(especially on tuesdays). I've participated & carried Kavadi for 3 consecutive Thaipusam since the age of 16. Since then, i'm an ardent Hindu bhakta who also have faith in the grace of Lord Muruga. I'm planning to chant 'Sri Subramanya Bhujangham' especially on tuesdays for Lord Muruga. Could anyone please tell me that what does Lord Muruga likes as His favourite offerings(what kind of fruit, flowers, leaf, articles, etc is most favourit to Him?). Just like Goddess Ambal likes garland of lime fruit, neem leafes, kumkumam, etc. Ofcourse abhishegam, dheebam, dhoobam, etc are compulsary in worshiiping every Hindu deities, but there are certain speciality in which every deities has. Thank you!VETRI VEL MURUGA!Vetrivel murukanukku arohara! Vanakkam. I am interested to know that a sikh, as you are, is so much devoted to the Lord Murga and knows so much about muruga cult. I am also happy that you are interested in chanting, `Sri Subramania Bujangha Sthothram` composed by Sti Adhi Sankracharya of Kaladi,on the Deity of Thiruchendur, the famous abode of Lord Muruga on the southern seashore of Tamilnadu, I, too, have the habit of chanting `Sri Subramania Bhujanka Sthothram` during my prayers, and also while travelling in buses, but I recite in its Tamil version.as I do not know samskiritam. Bhujankam in sanskrit means, you may know, perhaps, a snake. The prosady of this Sthothiram has derived this name as it sounds somewhat, the curvature crawling movements of a snake. The version I am accostomed to chant , true to the original, both in content and form.and so I get full satisfaction as though I recited the original Text. If anybody is interested to have the Tamil version, I can transliterate in English and send. Perhaps, you might have known why Sankaracharya cmposed this Sthothiram.. Once Sankaracharya had a worst gout and colic pain. He prayed and pleaded Thiruchendur Muruga by way of composing this Sthoththirram, and got cured. Ever since, this sthothiram proves to be a panacea for so many disease. This is vouched by the verse number 25 , in which Sankaracharya speaks profoundly of the efficacy of Thiruchendur vibhuthi (sacred ashes, given in paneer leaf)

vel vel muruga ! vetrivel muruga!! velum mayilum thunai! vetrivel urra thunai!

please tell me something about sikh religion. I firmly believe that sikhism,protected the Hinduism as a whole at onetime against muslim onslaught