IndiaDivine.org

Wonderful news for SY warriors: There is another Adi Shakti in town! ........ and counting.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

shriadishakti , "jagbir singh" <adishakti_org> wrote:> > Dear devotees of the Adi Shakti,> > i came across this interesting article at a prominent site on > Hinduism and Yoga:> > "The Divine Mother is an image that has long been blurred and even > altogether buried by patriarchal conceptions of the ultimate Reality > as Father and Creator. After Nietzsche, we even declared the death > of that patriarchal God, taking recourse to more abstract notions of > the Divine. But our abstractions generally fail to feed us with > inspiration and hope, and so we feel peculiarly adrift and ill at > ease. > > Thus the living spiritual traditions of the East, which have > challenged and enriched our Western heritage millennium

after > millennium, hold a strong attraction for many of us. It is there, and > especially in the tradition of Hinduism, that the image of the Divine > Mother shines with undiminished brightness, as it has ever since the > dawn of human civilization. > > Hinduism recognizes the existence of beings whose consciousness is > steeped in the Divine but who are yet endowed with a human body. > These great beings are the "incarnations," or avataras, who are not > simply advanced human beings, or superb mystics who have attained > union with the Divine through steadfast spiritual discipline. Rather > they are beings descended from the radiance of the Divine, who have > taken on human form to aid the spiritual maturation of humanity. > > Some of these extraordinary beings embody the maternal aspect of > the Divine. They are the "mothers," whose purpose is to draw us > toward the

Divine through their boundless love and nurturing. They > are not mere archetypes but they mesh, if we allow it, with the > mother archetype within us, and then become singularly potent > carriers of meaning and personal transformation. > > Two such maternal avataras are Mother Meera and Amritanandamayi > Ma or "Ammachi." They have much in common. Both were born in > India. Both are of diminutive stature but with a heart as large as the > cosmos itself. Both embrace all races, nationalities, and religions > equally. And, not least, both refuse to engage Westerners through > the intellect but offer instead a relationship, a state of being. > Indeed, their palpable love and peace can be experienced by anyone > who cares to undertake the pilgrimage to their respective centers. > More than that, because the world is a wonderful hologram in which > everything is contained in everything else,

their benign spiritual > presence can even be felt thousands of miles away by a mere act of > meditative attention."> > > And i read increasing number of articles by these highly-motivated > and brave followers of these mothers. What makes me respect them > is their open declaration to all about who their mothers are. And they > are also claiming their ammas to be the Divine Mother, Adi Shakti, > Durga Maa etc., names that can belong to only the One and Only > Divine Mother. > > But they are getting the upper-hand and they deserve success > because, compared to the whims and cowards we SYs have been for > the last three decades, these souls stand head and shoulders above > us in announcing their beliefs loud and clear. > > There is now a question that disturbs me: "How are followers of > these bogus mothers and fake fathers able to muster all this faith

> and valour in this open world, while we devotees of the Adi Shakti > still cringe and cower in fear in our collective caves?"> > But what the heck? We can still enjoy and celebrate the shadows of > our obscurity. ................. and let's not forget our awesome > witnessing powers second to none!> > > jagbir

Mother of AllA Revelation of the Motherhood of God in the Life and Teachings of the Jillellamudi Motherby Richard Schiffman

Paperback400 pages(January 2001)Blue Dove PrISBN: 1884997287

“There are not many mothers; there is only the One Mother, who has become the many mothers.”

- Jillellamudi Mother

Synopsis:

Mother of All is the compelling story of one of the great mystics of our time. Mother Anasuya Devi of Jillellamudi was revered by millions in southern India for her homespun wisdom, motherly love, and extraordinary spiritual powers. Her profound yet enigmatic teachings powerfully challenged traditional patriarchal views and rejected the common Hindu belief that the world is an illusion. Married and the mother of three children, she was a living witness to her own core teachings that the earth is sacred and that spirituality comes from embracing life in full. Author Richard Schiffman -- one of only a handful of westerners who ventured to her remote village -- gives a first person account of his life-transforming experience with “the Mother.”

Reviews:

New Vision Recommends

Mother of All, by Richard Schiffman, is one of those quietly powerful books that may just change your life. It tells the story of Anasuya Devi, a rather unassuming woman who lived a simple life as a wife and mother in southern India. Very slowly, those around her begin to recognize through her quiet wisdom and unorthodox perspectives that she is, in fact, an embodiment of the Divine Mother. In her later years, she was known as the Jillellamudi Mother or simply Amma, the “Mother of All.” Richard Schiffman achieves a difficult feat of balance, giving us a narrative that is at once a work of devotion and well-grounded biography. His writing has the clarity and insight of one who has delved deep in his spiritual journey while keeping his intellect sharp.

We benefit from Mr. Schiffman’s balance because it allows a compelling, profoundly inspiring portrait of the Jillellamudi Mother to tenderly emerge from his writing.

Highly recommended!

Ivan Granger

A Very High Book About A Very High Being

4/30/2001

Reviewer: Dimitri Drivas

I have read this book before in the original Indian edition. This new edition by Blue Dove Press is a definite improvement. The book is a true work of love by the author, Richard Schiffman, who is a devotee of Jillellamudi Mother and spent several years with her. I too am her devotee as well as one of Sathya Sai Baba's. The inspiration for my looking her way - for which I am eternally grateful - came principally from Richard's wonderful book. In the past, I have given and lent copies to others on the spiritual path. Many of them were extremely devoted to their gurus and reluctant to read about other holy beings. Nevertheless, literally everyone who read this book was truly inspired, and many insisted that their friends read "Mother of All" as well. Books with this kind of power and ability to transmit the love of God are rare and should be treasured. I have had several remarkable personal experiences with Mother including being put into a state of bliss lasting over three hours resulting from just a half a second glance at one of her photographs. Jillellamudi Mother, though not well known even in India, seems to have been an Avatar of Adi Shakti, the primordial creative power - truly, the Divine Mother and the mother of us all. To say that such a being is rare is an understatement, and not to find out more about her would be unwise. To be able to look her way with love and an open heart would be a great blessing. Many high souls have said that the path to God realization always goes through the Divine Mother. That's why this book is such a gift to the seeker.

Even though I have never seen Mother in the flesh, when I think of her or see her picture, I feel tremendous longing and tears come to my eyes. With her, teachings and practice don't matter. Of course, it is a good thing to know her life story, but her very being engenders tremendous love - no real need for details. I feel she is my true mother and always has been. Spend a little time thinking of her or concentrating on her picture and you can't help but feel the love which she so perfectly embodies. We are all her children.

There is no better introduction to the Jillellamudi Mother than Richard Schiffman's book, and few books give such heartfelt glimpses into how wonderful the Divine Mother aspect of the Godhead can be.http://www.newvision-psychic.com/bookshelf/MorofAll.htm