IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Sharabha Kalpam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Srividya Bhushana-Sadashivam and Annai Gnaanabhagyam Avargale, Iam blessed to serve a great Srividya and Shiva uapasaka like you sir. Please accept my pranams. Shasthanga Dhandawath! Iam also happy that you are in this group at this octagenerian age and perusing my postings.Iam happy to note that you find them very interesting. Your praise for me is rather lavish as I have to learn a lot from elders like you sir. Whatever little I have done is just because of my Gurunatha Sri Rajagopala of Nangainallur Sarvamangala Rajarajeshwari temple. Thankyou for posting me a rare copy of 'Mahatripura Sundari Pooja Kalpam'(Doorvasa Kramam /Soubhagya Chintaamani vidhi). Sri P.N Narayana Shastry,author of the book which you have sent, is a great Srividya upasaka residing in my area even he does not have a copy of the old book!(He is a nanogenerian).Fortunately, I believe in blessings of elders more han books and have been fortunate to have his darshana ddn heard about him and his Guru Parampara(Nirmalaananda Theertha Swami and Pudukottai R.Krishnamurthy Swamigal). Dhanyosmi,My poorvajanma sukrutha to be in aquaintance with such great people I would say. I also will keep in mind your request for translating all the Tamil books by Shri Dr.Najan and other Prathibha Prasooram.Iam just waiting for someone to sponsor me for the book and publish in a superb fashion with good graphical quality.I have almost all the book by Dr.Najan and others. I intend to profitably collect as many ancient Shaaktha texts as possible.This has been one my hobbies sire oflate. When I got your query with the subject title Lord Shiva. I was quaking in my boots for sometime because Iam not a major shivite to know all the texts though born a smaartha Brahmin. I just chant Panchaakshari and Mahamrityunjayam and do some small abhisheka for the Bana and sphatika Linga which I have graciously received fom a spiritual person. But as my apara bhaagya and luck would have it your query has a solution from me sire! Devi directs her Annukku Thonadars like You,sire,to people who have the resources(if I may say so) Also,Thankyou for mentioning that this group is a veritable Kalpataru and answers almost all questions correctly. Iam replying to your query for the book here as a posting so that it helps interested members and also because three other members have requested similarly for Sharabheshwara. (Sharabha Murthy Hugging Narasimha Murthy to pacify Him) For those who do not know who Sharabha Murthy is: Sharabheshwara who is a form of Shiva who went to pacify Nrusimha when he became Ugra after the annihilation of the demon Hiranyakasipu is typal of the animal-human God which the pantheistic religion that is the Vedic religion(a better word for Hinduism) portrays trenchantly. Sharbha murthy is seen with Prathyangira Devi and Shoolini Devi.Some one the other day was asking the group about Shoolini Devi( I will answer it soon as also the query on Rasamani Devi) There are lot of temples in SouthIndia dedicated to this Lord.In some authentic temples where they follow Agama Shaastra vidhi to the dot and also where the Agama Homa and other Puja rituals and mores are punctilliously persued one can see Sharabha murthy either juxtaposed or conjoined to the wall with only the Utsava Moorthy as a seperate vigraha. Kambaharesvara - The Lord in the Pillars The divine form of Sri Sarabesvara is often found in temple pillars. Hence He's also known as Kambaharesvara (kambam = pillar). In the town of Thirubuvanam, near Kumbakonam in the south of India, there's a special sanctum for Sri Sarabesvara in the Kambaharesvara temple. Kambaharesvara also means the Lord who destroyed fear (kambam = fear, tremor). Lord Sarabesvara, the great protector, destroys any trace of fear in His devotees. The Great Protector manifests His unimaginable spiritual energy in temple pillars as Kambaharesvara Linga Sakthi. This process is set in motion by a team of great beings known as the Sikandi Siddhas. These Siddhas first imbue these pillars with their spiritual presence and in the process they cleanse these pillars and make it ready

for Sri Sarabesvara's entry. They then request the Great Protector to become present in these pillars for the benefit of those who visit the temples. The ever merciful Sarabesa agrees with their selfless plea and manifests His divine energy in these pillars. This process is known as Sarabesvara Linga Aavaahanam. Lord Sarabesa showers His blessings on temple visitors from this vantage point. Worshipping the Sarabesvara form found in temple pillars is therefore very important, especially on Sunday evenings 1. The Universal Omkaara Form Sri Sarabesvara is Siva's Universal Omkaara form. He is the great Lord who keeps the universe in check. He is the root cause of the many divine manifestations, the pancha bootha sakthi that underlies the physical universe, the Nava Naayakas, the Devas and all mantra, tantra, yantra, yoga, siddhi potentialities. He is the One who blesses all beings with peace and prosperity. If we deserve to be famous, it's Sri Sarabesa who grants us fame. If we deserve to be courageous, it's Sri Sarabesa who grants us courage. He's the great motivator.

If we get stuck in the course of our endeavors, He's the One who motivates us to move forward and helps us make progress. He is the grantor of peace and tranquility. He is the dispenser of all that's good and the vanquisher of all that's evil. He's the eternal Well Wisher of all beings. Within Siva who is the root cause of siddhi (spiritual attainment) and buddhi (spiritual intelligence), Sri Sarabesa is the Parasakthi who is the Lord of bakthi (devotion) and balam (spiritual fortitude). 2. Sarabesvara Avatar The scriptural texts known as the Puranas have described the Lord's Sarabesvara manifestation in detail. What we present here is that which has been conveyed to us by the Siddhas. The great Lord Narayana manifested as Sri Narasimha to rid the universe of the evil that was Hiranyakasipu. Evil Incarnate Hiranyakasipu had oppressed the universe with his tyranny. He was a consummate egomaniac. His arrogance

knew no bounds and he was certain that he could do whatever he pleased. He found much pleasure in subjecting all beings, including the Devas, to much pain and suffering. To protect the denizens of the universe and to give the evil one his due, Lord Narayana manifested his wrathful, aggressive Narasimha man-lion form. Sri Narasimha tore the demon apart thus putting an end to his tyrannical rule. To ensure that Hiranyakasipu's brand of evil is forever banished from the universe, Sri Narasimha consumed every drop of Hiranyakasipu's blood and then wore the demon's mangled body as a garland. Thus He made sure that none of the evil one's physical remains made contact with the universe. The

inimitable man-lion roared and performed a terrifying dance. His eyes shone like great balls of fire and His blood curdling roar struck fear in everyone. The universe shuddered at this aggressive form of the Lord. No one could approach Him and no one could bear His all consuming aggressive energy. So the Devas, Rishis and Siddhas approached Sri Siva and requested His protection. Sri Siva, with the full support of Sri Soolini and Prathyankira Devis and Their respective entourages, manifested His supremely aggressive Sarabesvara form. He embraced Sri Narasimha, cooled Him down and made Him accessible to all beings. 3. Different Roles in Different Yugas Sri Sarabesvara, being Siva's Universal Omkara form, is not a new avatar. It was an avatar that was recreated during Sri Narasimha avatar. Sri Sarabesa has existed through all the yugas. In each yuga, Sri Sarabesvara takes on a role that's best suited for the characteristics of that yuga and the state of spirituality in that age. The Kritha Yuga is an age of

dharma (righteousness). During this yuga, Sri Sarabesvara takes on the role of anugraha moorthi, the beatific Lord who blesses one and all with His grace. When righteousness falters in this age, He assumes the role of dhanda moorthi, the One who corrects and absolves small mistakes and errors. During the Tretha Yuga, He dons the role of dhanda moorthi. In the Dvaapara Yuga, Sri Sarabesvara is a ugra moorthi, the destroyer of sins and evil. In the Kali Yuga (the present age), He is the prabandha moorthi who protects the virtuous and those

engaged in selfless service from evil. He is the vanquisher of the foes of virtue. He's the protector of the pious and the virtuous. He destroys the evil in the evil ones and transforms them into virtuous beings. 4. Tranquil Forms and Aggressive Forms The One formless, attribute-less Absolute manifests both tranquil and aggressive forms. The Lord manifests Himself as Dakshina Moorthi, the Universal Teacher, in a form that's the very definition of peace and tranquility. He also manifests Himself as Sarabesvara, the Universal Protector, in what's a supremely wrathful, aggressive form. It's the same Lord who manifests both forms. To bless peace loving souls like Siddhas and rishis, the Lord manifests His peaceful, tranquil forms. To put the demonic, egomaniacal evil ones in their place, He manifests His wrathful, aggressive forms. Since the Kali Yuga (the current age) is an age of evil, it's very important that we worship the Universal Protector if we want to stay away from evil. 5. Many Manifestations It's the same Lord who manifests Himself as Siva, Narayana, Sakthi, Ganapathi, Muruga and so on. There are many many divine manifestations. This is because the Lord recognizes our imperfections and our failings; He knows that different beings have different temperaments; He knows that different forms

may appeal to different beings. Thus, out of his compassion for our failings, He manifests His innumerable divine potencies in innumerable avatars. Human beings are different by way of economics, education, temperament, style of thinking, karma baggage and other factors. They also differ in the perfection of their surrender to the Divine Will or the lack of it. So each one of us may gravitate to a different divine manifestation. As the expression goes, different strokes for different folks. Different divine forms may appeal to different people, but it's the same God who receives us all in the end. In a time of moral decadence and rise of evil, the worship of Sri Sarabesvara is an ideal recourse for all of humankind. The

Siddhas worship and revere all divine forms because each divine form was manifested by God for our spiritual and material welfare. If the Siddhas do this, should we not? It's our spiritual duty to acknowledge each divine avatar with gratitude and render worship to all of these divine forms. There are many mantras for SharabhaMurthy(Sharabheshwara) and He is extremly powerful and puissant God of Kaliyuga who solves all the problems of His devotees. Time for doing the SharabhaMurthy Mantras While every minute of every day is ideal for worship, The Siddhas have specified certain time periods that are particularly suited for the worship of Lord Sarabesvara, the Great Protector. These are the Nitya Pradosha Kaalam and the Raahu Kaalam time periods of each day. Raahu Kaalam is inauspicious for material activities but ideal for worship. These time periods on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday are particularly important for Sarabesvara worship. Since the Nitya Pradosha Kaalam and Raahu Kaalam time periods coincide on Sunday, it's of paramount importance that all of us worship Lord Sarabesvara on Sunday during this time period. Roughly speaking, this time period starts at two hours before sunset and ends one hour after sunset. While ardent devotees of the Great Protector will worship Him every day, all others must at the very least dedicate this three hour period for Sarabesvara worship every week if interested. The Sarabesvara form can be also be seen in

Thaaraasuram near Kumbakonam, Kaaraikudi, Maadambaakkam near Madras, Koyambedu near Madras, Thirisoolam near Madras, Arunachala, Madurai, Chidambaram amongst other places. The Siddhas say that celebrating Paksha Pradosham in those temples where the Sarabesvara form is found is very very effective. If Paksha Pradosham were to fall on a Sunday, it's that much more potent! The Siddhas say that the bad karma accumulated by the

evil proclivities of the Kali Yuga can best be destroyed by the worship of Sri Sarabesa, Ugraha Prathyankira Devi and Narasimha during the Pradosham time period. Why? Because this sort of bad karma can only be burnt by a special potency of the Lord known as the Neelakanta Agni Sakthi which pervades the world during the Pradosham time period. ------------------------- Now, Coming to your question sire. You had asked me whether I know of any good book on Sharaba like a kalpam.--- Iam surprised given your age and experience that you do not possess it.But I think it is my Bhagya to serve you that has facilitated this good tiding for me. There definitely is a book which any ardent devotee of the deity knows. It is called SHARABHA KALPAM It is found in AKASA BHAIRAVA TANTRA(Aaakasa bhairava Kalpaantargatam) I have an old second edition copy with me which I bought for Rupees 18 long time ago!! It was edited by Thetiyur,S.Krishnamurthi Shastry(who was a senior Sanskrit Pundit,Sarasvati Mahal Library,Tanjore) This book has been published by THANJAVUR MAHARAJA SERFOJI'S SARASVATI MAHAL LIBRARY THANJAVUR (2ND EDITION DATE IS 1995)--PUBLICATION NUMBER IS 248 THE LANGAUGE

IS COMPLETELY SANSKRIT. (I will translate the whole book into Tamil for you sire please do not worry on that count as you have mentioned in the email(sent by your son) to me).Only 500 copies of the book were printed and I possess one sir. FOLLOWING

ARE FOUND IN THIS WORK SIR: 1. SHARABHA MANTRA 2. SHARABHA KAVACHAM 3. MALA MANTRA 4. YANTRAS AND PRAYOGA MARGAS This manuscript is preserved in the Sarasvathi Mahal Library in the mantra section(B.No.7048-supplemental No.398) The library has also published one AKASA BHAIRAVA KALPOKTA MANTRA SANGRAHA(Gist of mantars from AKASA BHAIRAVA KALPA) Please allay your fears of buying this rare book or going to Tanjore to buy it. When I went to Tanjore last time to pay my respects to Brihadeeshwara Murthy I had been to this ancient library and found only a few books of which Akasa Bhairava Tantra series was not there. Maybe it was all sold out(being a limited edition copy). I will give a complete transliteration of the text which I possess in one or two days time sire.Please do not worry. Om

Saaluvesaaya vidhmahépakshi raajaaya dheemahithannó Sarabesvara prachodayaath Shaktha-Shakthi-Sadaashivam SadaaBhajamyaham! Your Thondan, Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.