IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Cure of Mental Defects

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear members,There are three defects of the mind. They are;impurity, tossing of the mind, and the veil ofignorance. The mind is tossed about among objects oflove and hatred like a light feather in a stormy wind.

It whirls far and wide among sensual objects, far awayfrom the association of the wise. It is like astrolling city dog. This baneful mind whirls at thesight of immense wealth and it follows its mate,desire, and ever preys upon ignorant worldlings as it

would on a carcass.The mind is characterised by excessive fluctuation. Itis fluctuating and confused. It rejoices in vain. Itis intoxicated with egoism. Through this fluctuationthe mind becomes a prey to fear. Remove

these three defects. To do this you should study themind. Analyse the mind. Purify the mind. Dissolve themind in God, by constant and intense thinking aboutGod. Practise the sadhana (endeavour) of destruction

of the mind. Rise above deceptions of the mind. Riseabove the temptations of the mind. This is your duty.You are born for this only. All other duties areself-imposed, self-created through ignorance.

Mind is made pure through true, pure and virtuousactions, by constant association with the wise.Mantra, repeated with the right feeling, produces awonderful effect on the mind. Right thinking,noble emotions, prayers, regular and strenuous

meditation are the means to improve the mind.As a result of purification of the mind, the mindbecomes more sensitive. It is easily disturbed bysound or shock. It feels any pressure acutely. Theaspirant must be sensitive and yet have the

body and nerves completely under his control. He mustget over this sensitivity.O mind, you cannot be my friend now - I know yourworth and nature. Till now I was deluded by yourtricks. But now we move in diametrically opposite

poles. You want fleeting sensual pleasure fromobjects. I want immortal bliss of the soul inside. Youare ever restless and worried. I am peaceful andtranquil. You are full of passion, fear andattachment. I am dispassionate, fearless and

unattached. You want woman, wealth, property. I amfull of renunciation. We cannot agree at all.Therefore leave me quickly and quietly. Goodbye,friend.Pl chant the MantraHare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare HareRegards

Guest guest

thanks brother for such a noble & couragious cure .i also recently read a book called 'ma ra mero kartabya' that means i & my responsibility which concluded from 1008 Khaptad Baba's teachings.it also gives the same knowledge that i am not the body or senses or mind or heart or the world but i am the everlasting, non fluctuating soul,the supreme. so we have to get inside ourselves to know about the real me which is our own soul.Ganesh *** <Kriyababa1 wrote: Dear members,There are three defects of the mind. They are;impurity,

tossing of the mind, and the veil ofignorance. The mind is tossed about among objects oflove and hatred like a light feather in a stormy wind. It whirls far and wide among sensual objects, far awayfrom the association of the wise. It is like astrolling city dog. This baneful mind whirls at thesight of immense wealth and it follows its mate,desire, and ever preys upon ignorant worldlings as it would on a carcass.The mind is characterised by excessive fluctuation. Itis fluctuating and confused. It rejoices in vain. Itis intoxicated with egoism. Through this fluctuationthe mind becomes a prey to fear. Remove these three defects. To do this you should study themind. Analyse the mind. Purify the mind. Dissolve themind in God, by constant and intense thinking aboutGod. Practise the sadhana (endeavour) of destruction of the mind. Rise above deceptions of the mind. Riseabove the temptations of the mind.

This is your duty.You are born for this only. All other duties areself-imposed, self-created through ignorance.Mind is made pure through true, pure and virtuousactions, by constant association with the wise.Mantra, repeated with the right feeling, produces awonderful effect on the mind. Right thinking,noble emotions, prayers, regular and strenuous meditation are the means to improve the mind.As a result of purification of the mind, the mindbecomes more sensitive. It is easily disturbed bysound or shock. It feels any pressure acutely. Theaspirant must be sensitive and yet have the body and nerves completely under his control. He mustget over this sensitivity.O mind, you cannot be my friend now - I know yourworth and nature. Till now I was deluded by yourtricks. But now we move in diametrically opposite poles. You want fleeting sensual pleasure fromobjects. I want immortal bliss of the

soul inside. Youare ever restless and worried. I am peaceful andtranquil. You are full of passion, fear andattachment. I am dispassionate, fearless and unattached. You want woman, wealth, property. I amfull of renunciation. We cannot agree at all.Therefore leave me quickly and quietly. Goodbye,friend.Pl chant the MantraHare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare HareRegards

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.