IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
amdav

Tongue Fur

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna All,

Recently, I've taken a close look at my tongue and have noticed that it has a white coating. Upon even closer inspection, it looks like a dense field of small, white, stringlike threads. I would say that it could have been like this for a year or two, I just haven't noticed.

As far as my prakrti, I'm a vata type with slight pitta tendencies, and am currently working on bringing excess vata into balance.

Does anyone know what this tongue fur might signal? Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Namaste,

amdav

Tongue fur! LOL that is hilarious. That coating means you have ama in your stomach. You are taking in something that is not digesting completly. The tongue reflects the stomach.

Get a tongue scrapper and scrap your tongue and you will see it's not fur but is instead a mucus secretion. You can scrap your tongue till the natural reddish color returns in a few minutes. But if you don't also clean the stomach it will be back.

Thanks for your response! It is quite odd, but actually it doesn't go away upon scraping--it's actually seemingly attached to my tongue as uf my taste buds have grown like soft, white grass. It's not noticeable by anybody but me (I have to look really close), but it's still there.

Anyone ever heard of this? Could it be candida?

Thanks for your response! It is quite odd, but actually it doesn't go away upon scraping--it's actually seemingly attached to my tongue as uf my taste buds have grown like soft, white grass. It's not noticeable by anybody but me (I have to look really close), but it's still there.

Anyone ever heard of this? Could it be candida?

Yes I have heard of it. I get it all the time depending on what I eat. Starchy food or dairy will always cause it with me. Try this experiment. Start noticing the tongues of other people to see ifthey also have coated tongues and you will be amazed at how common this is.

Tongue scrapping should be done daily because bacteria can and does grow quickly on the coating. The coating will keep reappearing depending on the cleanliness of your stomach.

It is not fur or white grass.:D

Nothing to worry about.

Hare Krishna