IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
rigden

I have this statue for some time

Rate this topic

Hello everybody

I am new here and actually I don't know too much about Hinduism, I am European and was raised in an atheist culture.

But I always had concern about philosophy and religion and found myself really interested in Hinduism a few years ago.

So I read and read what i can about Hinduism and I sort of decided to worship Shakti (Kali) A year ago. I am still new on this but i think this is really the goddess appearance that fits me the most.

I found that statue in the USA but I wanted to know more about it and I can't figure out what is this representation of Kali !

I think this is really Kali (Trident, Skull, Dance) but Kali in that representation is supposed to dance on Shiva's body and not two persons ... but there are two persons here ?!

Can someone help me to learn about that ? Do you understand what is that representation ? I don't know nothing and can't find anything on Internet.

Sorry the links of the pictures that are not active but as I am new i can't post links until sometime it seems

h t t p : / / w w w .vagrant.fr/kali1.jpg

h t t p : / / w w w .vagrant.fr/kali1.jpg

Dear Rigden,

This does not seem to be a statue of Kali. Dakshina Kali and Smashana Kali have 4 arms. Mahakali has 10 arms,10 feet. Tara has scissors in hand among the 4 arms. The head dress looks tibetean though- but it may not be a Goddess. Tara who comes from the Tibetean buddhist tradition has forms with just 2 arms though- but I am not familiar with all her forms though many of those forms are common with Hinduism.

Dear Durgaputra,

Thank you for your answers, I am looking for representations of Tara to find out. Actually I thought it was Kali for a long time but now that you said it, I am pretty sure that it is not her.

So it is a woman for sure or a goddess, with a trident and a necklace made of skull heads. Two arms though ..

Thank you for your answer, i would welcome any other comment :)

Hi!

The statue is of Vajrayogini. Her tantra is perhaps the most powerful tantric pratice in the Vajrayana school of Buddhism from Tibet.

Hope this helps.

MW

Thank you for your message. Indeed it's her, thank you a lot for your posting now I can learn about her :)