IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gokulkr

Pancha Mugha Anjaneyar

Rate this topic

<TABLE title="Images of Sri Vishnu and other Hindu Gods" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=619 border=0><TBODY><TR height=25><TD title="Free Article, Religious Article" vAlign=center>Pancha Mugha Anjaneyar

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%" background=/images/midhrline1.gif height=3 border="0">trans.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=622 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><!--

Pictures of vishnu-->

All might be familiar with Sri Anjaneyar who is populalry called with the name "Siriya Thuruvadi" (Periya Thiruvadi is Garudalwar). And Anjaneyar gives his seva in various forms. Among those, Pancha Mugha Anjaneyar is said to have a special power and message to explain to this world. Now, in this article, let us know about the great thing about him.

Pancha” means Five. So, for Pancha Mugha Anjaneyar means Anjaneyar with Five faces. One of the faces will be of Anjaneyar's. The other four faces are the faces of Sri Narasimhar, Sri Garudalwar, Sri Varahar and Sri Hayagreevar. These five faces have unique characters and shaktis to explain.

panjaanjs.jpgThe center face is the face of Sri Anjaneyar and it will be faced towards the direction of east. This face is seen directly towards ourselves thereby riding away our sorrows.

The next face is the face of Sri Garudalwar and he is facing towards the direction of west and thereby by protecting us from diseases and giving us prolonged life.

Sri Varahar is facing towards North direction and he is capable of riding our sorrows and blessing us with good life.

Next is the face of Sri Narasimhar who is facing towards south direction. By facing in this direction, he is riding all of our sorrows, disease and protecting us from evil things.

And in the top center of all these faces is the face of Sri Hayagreevar and gives us good Gnana and Bhakti for all of his devotees.

So, by worshipping Sri Pancha Mugha Anjaneyar we are worshipping Sri Narasimhar, Sri Garudalwar, Sri Hayagreevar and Sri Varahar and simultaneoulsy we are blessed with good Gnana, prolonged life and our sorrows are eliminated.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WOW.Dear Gokul sir thats a nice topic.

I will add few more things to it

Some Do's and Dont's when worshipping panchamukha swamy,

1. Dont apply Sindhoor (or) worship god with suindhur.

2. Naarsimha's presence with anjaneya has made this form more urga so pls maintain cleanlinness both in thoughts and actions when performing puja.

3.Dont forget to offer naivedyam when ever you worship pancha mukha hanuman-ITS COMPULSORY.

4. For most of us Pancha Mukha Anjaneya worship is very hard as it is mostly done in tantric ways, so better chant Pnachamuka Hanumath Kavacham or Pancha Mukha hanumath Hrudayam and this Hrudayama can be chanted by any one and gives us blessings Pncha Vaktru hanuman !

Good luck

dear friends im in search of guidence im a great beleiver of shri hanuman and wanted to know how to pray to him;i also want to know if i have any graw in my horoscope and want to know what rings i can wear which would be benificial.thanks Suresh Raj

dear friends im in search of guidence im a great beleiver of shri hanuman and wanted to know how to pray to him

The best way of Worshipping Hanuman is worshipping him in a Temple.

Hanuman being an avatar of the Great Lord Shiva, should be worshipped by going to a temple like how Lord Shiva is worshipped.

I am not sure of how pancha mugha anjaneyar should be worshipped.

Lord Hanuman is avatar of Mukhyaprana. (See Madhva sources for this sastric proof).

All minor deities reside in Lord hanuman. Rudra resides in his tail. Parvati resides as a bell in his tail.

Lord Rama resides in his heart.

I see this topic was discussed before

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/spiritual-discussions/36692-hanuman-incarnation-shiva-vayu.html

The answer is unknown, nor it is clearly mentioned in the scriptures.

I read all the possibilities and i beleive Hanuman to be an incarnation of Lord Shiva.

I dont know about north, but here in the South India people dont worship Hanuman in their houses. But here also beleifs may differ. Also Lord Shiva is Worshipped only by going to Temples, not at home.

Prabhuji,

Based on a sthalapurana i came to know this. Not from Ramayana.

After Ravana was vaniquished by Rama, Rama was resting with sitadevi, laxman and hanuman in a forest (currently near chennai). Narada muni came there and told Sri rama that another asura a kin of ravana is doing penance under the sea. he is also to be killed. But Rama told that by killing Ravana his prime duty as a destroyer is over. So he sent Hanuman to kill that asura. Lord Rama bestoyed his five powers (ie., five auspicious awesome powers of SriVasudeva[Narayana]) and corresponding weapons. So Hanuman became Panch-mukha hanuman and killed the asura.

Moreover www.tatvavada.org gives more description of Mukhya prana and Lord Hanuman as "Mukhya prana". Moreover in ramayana it is not clearly mentioned Rudra himself is Lord hanuman. Also even Srivaishnavas hail Lord Hanuman as Siriya thiruvadi (because he is mukhyaprana - the life) and as "Vayuputra".

Om Namo Narayanaya

gokulkr,

Thanks for the information from the sthalapurana.

I found this information and i beleive it is from Ramayana

PHamuman..jpg

Panchamukha Hanuman is a form of Lord Hanuman. Panchamukha (alternate spelling panchamukhi) means "five-faced".

Panch-Mukhi Hanuman Ji

Lord Hanuman assumed this form to kill Mahiravana, a powerful rakshasa black-magician and practitioner of the dark arts during the Ramayana war. Mahiravana had taken Lord Rama and Lakshmana captive, and the only way to kill him was to extinguish five lamps burning in different directions, all at the same instant. Hanuman assumed His Panchamukha form and accomplished the task, thus killing the rakshasa, and freeing Rama and Lakshmana.

The five faces of Panchamukha Hanuman are those of Sri Hayagriva, Sri Narasimha, Sri Garuda, Sri Varaha and Hanuman Himself.

This form of Hanuman is very popular, and is also known as Panchamukha Anjaneya and Panchamukhi Anjaneya. (Anjaneya, which means "son of Anjana", is another name of Hanuman).

A 40 foot Murti of Sri Panchamukha Hanuman has been installed at Tiruvallur, near Chennai, India

<!-- Saved in parser cache with key mediaone_telugupedia-mwiki_:pcache:idhash:2363-0!1!0!!en!2 and timestamp 20090226140627 -->Retrieved from

http://www.telugupedia.com/wiki/index.php?title=Panchamukha_Hanuman

Also i beleive Hanuman being so powerful, he must have been an avatar of Lord Shiva come here to help out Lord Vishnu to defeat Ravana. This was dicussed here before.

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/spiritual-discussions/31427-hanuman-amsam-shiva.html

I do respect your beleif.

Thanks and Regards.

Prabuji,

Only Valmiki Ramayana and Moola Ramayana is to be taken as authoritative. Other Ramayanas have their own additions made by the respective authors. It can't be taken as authoritative.

Theres no reference of "Mahiravana" in Valmiki Ramayana and Moola Ramayana. Also the mahiravana story challenges the supremacy of Sri Rama. So it cant be taken as authoritative.

Moreover, Lord Ram (Vishnu) doesnt need any help as he is supreme force. Only devotees out of devotion gave their service to him and he accepted it.

In Valmiki Ramayana itself theres reference of Lord Vishnu defeating Lord Shiva by just a hoonkara. By that hoonkara sound of Vishnu, Shiva's bow gets damaged. So this proves that Shiva is not soo powerful enough to help Lord Vishnu. Moreover Hanumanji is not Shiva.

Om Namo Narayanaya

dear friends im in search of guidence im a great beleiver of shri hanuman and wanted to know how to pray to him;i also want to know if i have any graw in my horoscope and want to know what rings i can wear which would be benificial.thanks Suresh Raj

I see many opinions posted here about worshiping and origins of Lord Hanuman.

You must be careful about what you read here as much of it contradicts what His Holiness Sri Ganapati Sachchidananda Swamiji has brought out in the past 6 years regarding the Life and Mission of Lord Hanuman.

There is no greater authority on this subject walking the Earth at present.

I repeat, no greater authority. Many regard this Dattatreya Avatara as Hanuman incarnate as well.

I just became a member of this forum so I do not know what discussions have been previously posted here on this matter.

Sri Ganapati Sachchidananda Swamiji conducted first Sri Hanuman Global Conference in April/2008 at Hanuman Nagar in Carapichaima, Trinidad, West Indies where exists the 85 feet tall Hanuman Murthi. Construction was finished and consecrated by His Holiness June/2003.

This has become a major pilgrimage destination for Hanuman devotees from around the world. The energy eminating from Karya Siddhi Hanuman residing there is beyond description.

This is just one of many Hanuman Temples consecrated by Sri Swamiji around the world.

Sri Swamiji has composed three cd's which give us the opportunity to properly worship Hanuman through Naada, sound. Hanuman Loves naada and two of the cd's are titled "Naadaanjaneya" One is in Kannada language and one in Telugu. They are beautiful original compositions by Sri Swamiji, especially "Pancha Mukha Anjaneya". Other songs praising the 9 Avataras of Lord Hanuman.

The other cd is "Karya Siddhi Hanuman". This is a complete primer on Hanuman and a must for any Anjaneya sadhaka. So very rich.

Including Pancha Mukha Anjanjeya stotras and other Hanuman kavachas.

I have posted numerous videos of Sri Swamiji either speaking or singing about Lord Hanuman on my youtube channel <hanuman108>

There are multi part discourses from the Hanuman Conference I mentioned above that give great detail on the modes of worship and likes of Hanuman. Why 85feet?

There are also three videos showing for a short time regarding the origin of Hanuman. Taddhim Shankara, Namah Parvati Pataye, and Shambo Mahadeva.

There is no greater devotee of Lord Vishnu than Lord Shiva and no greater devotee of Lord Shiva than Lord Vishnu.

Lord Shiva is Hanuman.

I have witnessed Sri Swamiji covering Him with orange Sindoor.

If you are serious about the sincerity in your desire for proper worship, here is a recommendation:

Watch and listen closely these videos I mentioned on youtube. (If you wish a list of links to more easily find them in proper order, I am happy to provide such)

Then sit in front of a picture of Lord Hanuman and surrender yourself asking Him to show what is correct.

You will not be misguided as He is our very breath.

Jaya Guru Datta

hanuman