IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kaisersose

Top 10 quotes on religion - my pick

Rate this topic

On the first day, man created God. - Anonymous

As far as I can tell from studying the scriptures, all you do in heaven is pretty much just sit around all day and praise the Lord. I don’t know about you, but I think that after the first, oh, I don’t know, 50,000,000 years of that I’d start to get a little bored. - Rick Reynolds

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry

I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence. - Doug McLeod

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. - Susan B. Anthony

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence. - Anonymous

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. - Christopher Hitchens

It will yet be the proud boast of women that they never contributed a line to the Bible. - George W. Foote

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. - Mark Twain