IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ramakiran3

What is Kesar

Rate this topic

Dear all,

I have a small doubt :deal:

I want to know what exactly KESAR means? I read in a lal kitab book that kesar is applied to forehead -

1.Does that mean kesar which is given to pregnant ladies /and used in medicinal preparations? If so it is not possible to apply bcoz its a peatls of some flowers(i dont know what)

OR

2.is it Kesar which is sold in general shops as a saffron color (Which is much cheaper to the kesar petals) used in foods and preservatives?

Pls let me know :eek2::)

Thank you Swapnil ji,

But im thinking how kesar is applied on forehead instead of tilak and bhasm in that case? any idea sir?

Namaskar,

Kesar is applied in various forms either alone or with sandal wood. Most commonly keasr is taken and sandalwood piece is taken with small amount of water to grind it (on rough stone) to form a paste and then it can be easily applied. It has many medicinal applications too besides its use in pooja etc.

-WebYogi-

Namaskar,

Kesar is applied in various forms either alone or with sandal wood. Most commonly keasr is taken and sandalwood piece is taken with small amount of water to grind it (on rough stone) to form a paste and then it can be easily applied. It has many medicinal applications too besides its use in pooja etc.

-WebYogi-

Dear Webyogi ji

Thank you for explaining in detail as i was about to write down in short

Hope ramkiran ji is satisfied with this answer

regards

swapnil