IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

The imperative of personal forgiveness.

Rate this topic

The offense was to Lord Jesus not me.

But is it Jesus or you? Jesus did not take the position of conditional forgiveness at any time. On the contrary, he actually asked his father to forgive thsoe who were torturing him. This reaffirms that Jesus takes an unconditional approach.

So in this case, if Jesus does not get offended by critics, how can this be considered an offense against him? But you got upset, which means this is an offense against you, so let us keep Jesus out of the picture and see it for what it is.

You have beem offended and you have decided not forgive the offender which runs counter to your original post of personal forgiveness.

I am not empowered to forgive others aparadha against saintly persons. I accept the instruction that I should be angered by it and avoid it.

If there is such an instruction, then you are correct. But it still conflicts with the concept of forgiveness preached by Jesus. And you have in the past, mocked several people who are considered "saintly" by others. So this instruction is not really something that covers all bases anyway.

Again, if we pick and choose people we will forgive (your present position), then there is nothing special about that deserving a new discussion thread. Everyone on the planet already practices conditional forgiveness - forgive sometimes, and not forgive some other times. Nothing new there.

Cheers