IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sarva gattah

Obama has won the election in a big landslide and I'm NOT joking!!

Rate this topic

:)Obama has won the U.S. election in a big landslide and I'm NOT joking.:deal:

Obama (D) - 195 votes McCain ® - 52 votes 270 electoral votes needed to win,

270 electoral votes needed to win,

This will help break down cultural barriers however Spiritually we are ALL (yes, you in ISKCON too) still are a barbaric, primative, selfish society

The sterotypes eat your parrot CHAMILLION hearts out (K)

LATEST - Obama (D) - 284 votes McCain ® - 144 votes

barack-obama-for-president.jpg

The President of the U.S.A. Barack Hussein Obama II

Barack Hussein Obama II born August 4, 1961) is the junior United States Senator from Illinois and president elect of the United States.[1]

Obama is the first African-American to be nominated by a major American political party for president.

A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he became the first black person to serve as president of the Harvard Law Review, Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004.

He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. Following an unsuccessful bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000, he announced his campaign for the U.S. Senate in January 2003.

After a primary victory in March 2004, Obama delivered the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in July 2004. He was elected to the Senate in November 2004 with 70 percent of the vote.

As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, he helped create legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds. He also made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.

During the 110th Congress, he helped create legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel. Obama announced his presidential campaign in February 2007, and was formally nominated at the 2008 Democratic National Convention with Delaware senator Joe Biden as his running mate.

LATEST - Obama (D) - 335 votes wins in a landslide against McCain ® - 155 votes

I was the manager of Public Relations for ISKCON in the 1980s in Australia and India, just my old journalist interest shinning through - ISKCON should send him a Bhagavad-Gita, that what I personally did when Bob Hawk won the Priministership in Australia.

LATEST - Obama (D) - 335 votes wins in a landslide against McCain ® - 155 votes

I was the manager of Public Relations for ISKCON in the 1980s in Australia and India, just my old journalist interest shinning through - ISKCON should send him a Bhagavad-Gita, that what I personally did when Bob Hawk won the Priministership in Australia.

Not a bad idea but I read in Prabhupada's books that if you are a governmental official and cow slaughter goes on in your government you should resign from government in protest. I guess he could use his authority to institute cow protection measures. That would be one instance where I would be in agreement with authoritarian police state tactics if it involved cow protection. Not sure congress etc. would go a long with him and if he really followed the Bhagavad Gita he would be forced by conscience to resign.

Not a huge landslide electoral landslide yes but at last count roughly 50 mil to 46 mil actual vote numbers.

As a vet I took an oath and in the spirit of that oath I will support the election and do my part to support the man in office.

I will just add my 2 cents and say Don`t come crying when your quality of life goes way down and you get less bang for your work.

I will just add my 2 cents and say Don`t come crying when your quality of life goes way down and you get less bang for your work.

That was coming regardless of who won in my opinion. Until the federal reserve issue is adressed Americans will remain debt slaves to the centralized banks. Only if things get so bad that people are starving will they figure out how they have been duped. What can you do, try to inform people but the television has people so geared into political personality cultism that it is like trying to wake up zombies.

Congratulations. Should be very interesting times coming.

Historically this is very important because it shows how races and cultures can come together and see above the concept of race and colour

Now can this progress on to religion and Spirituality?

Unfortunately where I am, yes, we DO attract hundreds of people every week but the majority of society, who are Indian Hindus, still see 'KRSNA' as Indian and Hindu. Even the majority of Indian guests see KRSNA as their Hindu and Indian religion and hardly ever preach to the 'white Christian backgrond majorityy'.

It shouldn't be that way because Krsna is for everyone regardless of race or colour.

You should know that when Prabhupada came to America in 1965, the States were going through a Civil rights revolution. Coloured people all over America were standing up for their rights and Prabhupada, who was also coloured. benifited from this Cultural revolution.

Obama. a black man elected as President, can lead to so many barriers being broken down, INCLUDING SPIRITUAL BARRIERS that say Krsna and His many manifestations are 'ONLY HINDU OR INDIAN'

My point is Obama will be the President of the United States of America, yet his father comes fron Sudan - do you see my point?

His achievement can HOPEFULLY lead to even higher breaks downs of relgious, spirtual and cultural differences in this global village we now live in, so that it is easier to see the Vedas for all the world and not just Indians and Hindus!

You have to have a sense of History to appreciate this

That was coming regardless of who won in my opinion. Until the federal reserve issue is adressed Americans will remain debt slaves to the centralized banks. Only if things get so bad that people are starving will they figure out how they have been duped. What can you do, try to inform people but the television has people so geared into political personality cultism that it is like trying to wake up zombies.

Agree 100% but at the same time all the blame can not be placed on the banks, a good majority of people are in debt because they want " things " not food not shelter but 60 inch TVs and a car for each person in the family. The part of this election I find so amazing is the fact that the combined income of both campaigns was close to 1 billion dollars and somehow people on both sides are convinced their man has no favors owed.

It sickens me really that people can find it in themselves to spend 1 billion to impose their will but can not find the same charity when it comes to local gardens and homeless folks.

Historically this is very important because it shows how races and cultures can come together and see above the concept of race and colour

Now can this progress on to religion and Spirituality?

Unfortunately where I am, yes, we DO attract hundreds of people every week but the majority of society, who are Indian Hindus, still see 'KRSNA' as Indian and Hindu. Even the majority of Indian guests see KRSNA as their Hindu and Indian religion and hardly ever preach to the 'white Christian backgrond majorityy'.

It shouldn't be that way because Krsna is for everyone regardless of race or colour.

You should know that when Prabhupada came to America in 1965, the States were going through a Civil rights revolution. Coloured people all over America were standing up for their rights and Prabhupada, who was also coloured. benifited from this Cultural revolution.

Obama. a black man elected as President, can lead to so many barriers being broken down, INCLUDING SPIRITUAL BARRIERS that say Krsna and His many manifestations are 'ONLY HINDU OR INDIAN'

My point is Obama will be the President of the United States of America, yet his father comes fron Sudan - do you see my point?

His achievement can HOPEFULLY lead to even higher breaks downs of relgious, spirtual and cultural differences in this global village we now live in, so that it is easier to see the Vedas for all the world and not just Indians and Hindus!

You have to have a sense of History to appreciate this

I can appreciate what you are saying although my problem is that I have not seen anything out of Obama that indicates that he is anything more than a puppet for a highly centralized authoritarian police state where the elite live lives of luxury and the common people are essentially forced to work slave labor with no hope. It does the world and black people no good to live under such rule and in fact would most likely set back race relations.

What is needed now is massive decentralization and the development of local economies based on cow protection, agriculture, and alternative energy. If Obama ever moves in those directions I will give credit where credit is due but until then I can not participate in the kool aid drinking just because he is black.

So well said:

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by AncientMariner

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

Agree 100% but at the same time all the blame can not be placed on the banks, a good majority of people are in debt because they want " things " not food not shelter but 60 inch TVs and a car for each person in the family. The part of this election I find so amazing is the fact that the combined income of both campaigns was close to 1 billion dollars and somehow people on both sides are convinced their man has no favors owed.

It sickens me really that people can find it in themselves to spend 1 billion to impose their will but can not find the same charity when it comes to local gardens and homeless folks.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

All Goverment Monetary Processes [accounts recievable & accounts Payable] should all be on-view daily.

Just as the stock market tallies & Utility company bills computerize data for public consumption --so also, a policy of exhibiting "monetary circulation should be graphically shown of daily updated flow-charts.

And All goverments should be under a "pay-as-you-go" constraints --when the goverment needs to pay for some legislated program --the cost for such must be added to a menu of bills to be paid --all exposed to public strutiny.

Balanacing the Goverment Check-Book should be a daily subject on display at all public venues not in the back smoke-filled rooms of some unknown Hotel suite.

Not a bad idea but I read in Prabhupada's books that if you are a governmental official and cow slaughter goes on in your government you should resign from government in protest.

I guess he could use his authority to institute cow protection measures. That would be one instance where I would be in agreement with authoritarian police state tactics if it involved cow protection.

Not sure congress etc. would go a long with him and if he really followed the Bhagavad Gita he would be forced by conscience to resign.

Interesting intelligent points you make. Prabhupada wanted us to be part of society to influence society, not ignore society and hide in our Temples, farms and homes

When we met two Prime Ministers, we gave them Bhagavad Gita and I realized to change society, we must somehow get to the leaders by trying to get them to read Bhagavad Gita as it is and Srimad Bhagavatam

When Prabhupada left India in 1965, most of his Godbrothers thought his trip would fail because the meat eating, drinking, gambling sexually adicted Americans would never take to Vedic Spiritual Culture.

Martin Luther King also was a meat eater like everyone else in America at that time however, it's what he did that was important that indirectly helped Prabhupada.

You have to see the bigger picture outside our pioneering immature fanaticism. If Prabhupada came to America in the 30s, 40s, and 50s, no-one would of taken him seriously.

Prabhupada came at the right time when America was going through big changes and they INDIRECTLY helped bring attention to his ISKCON Movement and further, even assisting to expand his ISKCON movement due to the new tolerance created by the Civil Rights Movement.

Everyone involved in the Civil rights movement new that Ghandhi inspired Martin Luther King in America and that he was Hindhu, this indirectly helped Prabhupada

Similarly, we are again experiences great changes. It's NOT the meat eating pro-obortionist Obama I'm on about, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down because he is now President of the U.S. And in all fairness, why not educate him as well with Vedic texts.

Spiritually we are on the brink of an ISKCON Lord Caitanya revolution, I feel this and have known for years it is coming

If devotees want to change the world, then they must get out there among the people and preach, this is why world wide book distribution is so important.

We (in my case and what I believe in, Prabhupada's ISKCON) could be at the beginning of a mid-sixties style economic and cultural revolution again that leads to more openness, acceptance and ultimately more devotees from ALL nationalities.

Again, it's NOT the meat eating pro-obortionist Obama I'm on about, nor his hero Martin Luther King, or his hero Mahatma Gandhi, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down.

I agree. It was the "counterculture", that is, the "Beat Generation" ("beatniks") of the 1950's and the "hippies" of the 1960's that opened up possibilities for "Eastern Thought", including Hare Krishna. Early beatniks like Allen Ginsberg directly helped Prabhupada. The time was right.

I agree. It was the "counterculture", that is, the "Beat Generation" ("beatniks") of the 1950's and the "hippies" of the 1960's that opened up possibilities for "Eastern Thought", including Hare Krishna. Early beatniks like Allen Ginsberg directly helped Prabhupada. The time was right.

But it was that same " counterculture " that gave us greedy gurus and chronic child abuse that to this day haunts what could have been a glorious movement.

But it was that same " counterculture " that gave us greedy gurus and chronic child abuse that to this day haunts what could have been a glorious movement.

Thats not correct, infact the sixties were the beginning of exposing so much sexual, pschological and emotional abuse of children that had been going on for hundreds of years but covered up and never talked about.

ISKCON began in the middle of these changes and many devotees were polluted by there upbringing.

In Australia the greatest influence to stop abusive punishment in schools was inspired by John Lennons working class hero song.

The counter culture brought it all to the surface but unfortunately many in ISKCON were shut off from the major changes going on outside ISKCON

This utter arrogence of we know better than everyone else, id still there with many and keeps many aspiring devotees, that includes some sanyasis and modern day gurus, blind to what was going on right under their arrogent big noses. In the end, the changes never came from within ISKCON, but came from outside the organization, forced on us. But still many are so arrogent and proud and STILL deny any responsibility for their mismanagement during the pioneering years, especially in Australia.

As far as being a glorious movement, one day it will be, but not now at this pioneering beginning. We have to learn to actually be a real devotee instead of immitating Prabhupada and that will take generation, that is, as long as the 'Hindu' influence doesn't water down the teachings of Prabhupada.

Many should understand Prabhupada forbid the worship and selling of all demigod dieties and photos (without the presents of Krishna) at his Radha Krishna Temples

Prabhupada (the real ISKCON) is in your heart and found with many of the excellent writers of Dandavats. At present in 2008/9 Australian ISKCON is very imature and is still in an ignorant self rightious arrogent judgemental 1980s time warp stage of juvenile growth however, in time with mature devotees, it will improve over the nect 50 years. If not, then it will dwindle until revived by a new intelligent spiritually educated generation of Lord Caitanya's movement

The immaturity found in Australia is not all over ISKCON, there are many devotees in other parts of the world who DO understand Prabhupada's selfless compassionate teachings and are Spiritual advanced

Time magazine’s photo of President Baraka Obama holding Hanuman

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>whblog_0602a.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Time magazine’s photo

Time magazine’s photo blog has a very interesting picture where Barack Obama is displaying the things he carries in his pocket to bring him luck. One of them is a tiny metal statue of the Hindu demigod Hanuman, the great servant of Lord Ramachandra.

What caught my eye that tiny icon (or Murti) did not look like one of demigod Hanuman as it has 4 hands, one holding a chakra, the other a trishul or a gada, the other two hands have a lotus and a conch, presumably. These 4 things are associated with Lord Vishnu (Lord Vishnu is an expansion of Lord Krishna the Supreme Personality of Godhead).

However, the tiny statue has a tail (it also looks like that while showing this to the reporters, the face of the statue was touching the palm). Sending this image to a professor at Delhi University for further analysis.

Anyone out there please explain

Thats not correct, infact the sixties were the beginning of exposing so much sexual, pschological and emotional abuse of children that had been going on for hundreds of years but covered up and never talked about.

ISKCON began in the middle of these changes and many devotees were polluted by there upbringing.

In Australia the greatest influence to stop abusive punishment in schools was inspired by John Lennons working class hero song.

The counter culture brought it all to the surface but unfortunately many in ISKCON were shut off from the major changes going on outside ISKCON

Actually it was the mid and late 70s when much of the abuse in ISKCON STARTED and to this day there has been very little openess about it. Temple presidents are still telling members that the reason some temples struggle is because of the abuse settlements ( talk about blaming the victim ) You want to see how corrupt ISKCON became at its core read Diary of a Cro-Magnon, these were the sons of the 60s. The 60s were not " great awakining " they were the depths of selfism, people searching for the great spiritual rush and when that was gone they moved on to Disco and Coke and Today they are the Bankers that so many hate.

Sure there were changes for the better but change happens regardless of our desires.

Australia may be different I can only speak of the places I have been.

What caught my eye that tiny icon (or Murti) did not look like one of demigod Hanuman as it has 4 hands,

Anyone out there please explain

In Ramkien, as the version of Ramayana followed in Thailand is called, Hanuman is often depicted as having four arms.

Interesting intelligent points you make. Prabhupada wanted us to be part of society to influence society, not ignore society and hide in our Temples, farms and homes

When we met two Prime Ministers, we gave them Bhagavad Gita and I realized to change society, we must somehow get to the leaders by trying to get them to read Bhagavad Gita as it is and Srimad Bhagavatam

When Prabhupada left India in 1965, most of his Godbrothers thought his trip would fail because the meat eating, drinking, gambling sexually adicted Americans would never take to Vedic Spiritual Culture.

Martin Luther King also was a meat eater like everyone else in America at that time however, it's what he did that was important that indirectly helped Prabhupada.

You have to see the bigger picture outside our pioneering immature fanaticism. If Prabhupada came to America in the 30s, 40s, and 50s, no-one would of taken him seriously.

Prabhupada came at the right time when America was going through big changes and they INDIRECTLY helped bring attention to his ISKCON Movement and further, even assisting to expand his ISKCON movement due to the new tolerance created by the Civil Rights Movement.

Everyone involved in the Civil rights movement new that Ghandhi inspired Martin Luther King in America and that he was Hindhu, this indirectly helped Prabhupada

Similarly, we are again experiences great changes. It's NOT the meat eating pro-obortionist Obama I'm on about, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down because he is now President of the U.S. And in all fairness, why not educate him as well with Vedic texts.

Spiritually we are on the brink of an ISKCON Lord Caitanya revolution, I feel this and have known for years it is coming

If devotees want to change the world, then they must get out there among the people and preach, this is why world wide book distribution is so important.

We (in my case and what I believe in, Prabhupada's ISKCON) could be at the beginning of a mid-sixties style economic and cultural revolution again that leads to more openness, acceptance and ultimately more devotees from ALL nationalities.

Again, it's NOT the meat eating pro-obortionist Obama I'm on about, nor his hero Martin Luther King, or his hero Mahatma Gandhi, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down.

For a person such as myself, that lived in New Vrindavan, this seems a eerily reminiscent:

_____

Obama: 'obviously charismatic'

"Listen, the man's obviously a charismatic person ... and the man is able to persuade people that they should trust him. And he's got - he's got something - he's got a lot going for him" —Bush,

12/01/2009

Washington<FONT face="Times New Roman"> - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:State w:st=<font face=" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">US</st1:country-region></st1:place> <FONT size=3>President George W. Bush said he likes his successor Barack Obama, praising him as "engaging" in an interview broadcast on Sunday.

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>Bush had nothing but compliments for Obama when asked about his impressions of the president-elect on Fox News on Sunday.

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>"I liked him," said Bush, who met with Obama as recently as Wednesday when former presidents gathered for a historic lunch at the White House.

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>"Listen, the man's obviously a charismatic person ... and the man is able to persuade people that they should trust him. And he's got - he's got something - he's got a lot going for him," he said.

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>Bush, who will step down on January 20, praised Obama for placing a high priority on his family and said he was "impressed" by how president-elect had handled his transition to the White House.

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>He said that Obama had "showed decisiveness" in his choices and "has picked people that are capable and competent people".

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>This is not a speech about Kirtananada or Bhavananda from 1978?

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>—Listen, the man's obviously a charismatic person

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>—the man is able to persuade people that they should trust him.

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>—And he's got - he's got something - he's got a lot going for him

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>—placing a high priority on his family

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>—"impressed" by his transition.

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>—"showed decisiveness" in choices and "picked people that are capable and competent".

<FONT face="Times New Roman">

<FONT face="Times New Roman">

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Or

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Maybe we just can't believe anything Bush says?