suchandra

Abhimanyu Steps Into 21st Century

Rate this topic

Expressindia » Story

<!--login End--> zero.gif

<!--Story Start--> Abhimanyu steps into 21st century

SiddharthKelkar

Posted online: Sunday , August 24, 2008 at 03:12:20

Pune, August 23 According to the Mahabharata, Abhimanyu learnt how to break the chakravyuha when he was in the womb of his mother… Cut to the 21st century and a city school has taken off on this concept and is trying to educate 10 little Abhimanyus who are still in the womb. Victorious Kidss Educares, a school at Sopan Baug in the city, has 429 students — 10 are unborn while 150 are in the 0 to 3 age group. “We have a strong belief that children in the 0-6 age group have high grasping power and can learn more than older ones,” says Robbin Ghosh, senior advisor and chairman of the school.

Deepa Dani, a housewife, underwent the training three years ago when she was pregnant. Her son Hrim is now two-and-half years old and is studying in Victorious Kidss. “My child is very smart for his age,” she said.

“I knew about Garbha Sanskar, but I could implement it better when I joined the sessions in the school. After delivery, my husband and I decided to admit our son in the same school,” she said. “My son is very analytical, explores a lot and is eager to learn. He knows Marathi and Konkani as it is spoken at our home. But he is also very good at English and Hindi,” she said.

Jayashree Phalke, who is seven months pregnant, is now being trained for the sake of a child that is yet to be born. “Every day there is a one-hour session in which we do some yoga, meditation and attend lectures. The teachers basically talk about how to take care of yourself," she said. “I joined the training six months ago. It is said that the brain of a child develops when it is in womb so I thought it is better to have this training during pregnancy. I feel peaceful after the sessions," she said.

Ghosh said the sessions for would be mothers were based on the very concept of how Abhimanyu learnt about Chakravyuha when in Subhadra’s womb. But the training doesn’t stop there.

Sample this: Mrinal, a student of the school is just three years old and she knows name of every bone in the body. She can recite numbers 1 to 10 in Japanese language and she is already in senior KG, when her counterparts in other schools are still getting admission in playgroup.

“Many educationists say it is better to admit a child in school after she turns four. It is a failure of our education system. I have a strong notion that if we could impart right training, we can explore many more facets of a child up to age six,” said Ghosh.

The school admits even a baby that is six months old. The school teaches five languages including Hindi, Sanskrit, English, German and Japanese. It has 105 teachers and student-teacher ratio is 4:1.