IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
nakai007

Dharma Karmadhipati Yoga

Rate this topic

Namaste Learned People,

A Rāja Yoga consists through the association of kendra lords (1st, 4th,7th or 10th houses) with trikona lords ( the 1st , 5th and 9th houses).

It's said Śrī Viṣṇu owns the kendra-s and Śrī Lakṣmī owns the trines or trikona-s. When these two associate, you have the combination of Śrī Viṣṇu & Śrī Lakṣmī , hence a rāj (royal or kingly) yoga is formed.

What does associate mean then? The lords of these houses ( bhava) are:

• conjoined or in union
  • they aspect or 'see' each other from their existing placement
  • they exchange houses, called parivartana e.g. if the 5th lord resides in the 10th and the 10th lord in the 5th house, they exchanged locations and meets the parivartana definition.

So, why am i writing about this? As I was looking at Śrī Rām's chart for the last post discussed above, I noticed he has multiple Rāja Yoga-s. Yet when I think Śrī Rām the first thing that comes to mind is dharma¹. And if I look to His chart there is a special Rāja Yoga that is called Dharma-Karmadhipati Yoga.

With Dharma-Karmadhipati Yoga the dharma house (9th) associates with the karma house (10th). This meets the Rāja Yoga definition for Śrī Viṣṇu and Śrī Lakṣmī associating. Yet there is these two houses are of great importance in Jyotish. This house of Dharma ( the 9th) and the 10th , a Karma house, of power, position and the highest location of the Sun takes on in the chart and the sky. So when these associate , it’s a special combination as mentioed, Dharma-Karmadhipati Yoga. This yoga is excellent as it brings sincerity of the heart, devotion, righteousness ( as dharma matures) or qualities of the 9th house flourish. With the 10th house, that of power & prosperity increases, that of career and how one serves society.

In Śrī Rām's chart this Dharma-Karmadhipati Yoga occurs. The owner of the 9th house is Guru or Jupiter. Jupiter resides in the 1st house and is exalted. In Śrī Rām's chart the 1st house is Cancer. The 10th house is Aries, and its lord, Mars ( Mangal) resides in the 7th house, Capricorn. These two graha's associate because they see each other from each of their locations, and this is graha-dristi and the yoga is formed. Yet due to these graha-s in exaltation more power or should I say the full maturity of the yoga takes place. Yet there is a slight blemish. According to Sanjay Rath¹, when this Dharma-Karmadhipati Yoga forms in the 1st and 7th houses then the maturity blossoms later in life after enduring hardships and challenges along the way.

So now all one needs to do is think about Śrī Rām's story as it is laid out by Valmiki in the Rāmayāna. I am a reader of the Adhyātma Rāmayāna, yet both stories parallel the intrigue of Śrī Rām's life; His exile in the forest, his meeting with muni-s Viśvāmitra and Vaśiṣṭa (Guru or Jupiter's influence) and the help Śrī Rām receives from Hanumanji (this is Mars or Mangal's influence).

This is just considering this one yoga and does not consider the Sun (Surya) exalted no less in the 10th house. This alone is enough to talk of Royalty and special consideration of Śrī Rām as the Atmakaraka ( Sun) exalted in the 10th house ( the throne of the chart) and indicates a rāja position of Śrī Rām, King of Ayodhya.

Sīta speaks to Hanumānji - Know Rāma to be the Supreme Brahman - One without a second. I, in the presence of Rāma, His power (or Prakriti) created the Universe unwearied. Adhyātma Rāmayāna, Bala Khana, śloka 32-43

pranams

Warm Regards

Nakai

Guest saki

Hi Nakai

My 5th house has jupiter lordship and saturn natal...jupiter natal in in eleventh with mercury lordship...seventh has saturn lordship....jupiter and saturn opposite aspect and mutually aspect seventh(seventh lord saturn)...is this dharmakarmadhi pati yoga?also what does the relationship of these planets both aspecting 5th and 7th mean?

Thank you!