IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bija

Are we designations? (dark warrior)

Rate this topic

So which is it?

But you apparently didn't know 'with full knowledge' ..... does that mean you be left on the dock while the boat goes by?

and what hole are you shoveling for?

Just the interpretation from the Dark force is being considered nonesense

Then go in a closet and address whom you wish, but you on the air... stiring karma as you sit

Then what you be on this site for.... these people have Srila's in every temple; looking at you

how about some advice

Brain dead, aren't you? If you are an atheist, well and good. Enjoy.

these people have Srila's in every temple; looking at you by bishadi

I love the way you say Srila's:).

You make Srila Prabhupada sound so sweet and doll-like lol.:P

He is looking on right now lol.

However, even if he gets moksha, it won't be because his path is perfect. Its because of Srila Prabhupada's grace.... by dark

Beautiful Dark. We have take-off (meeting point). thx.

The first time I saw him in a temple Bishadi (his statue).....the devotees put reading glasses on him...when they did scripture reading. My impression was....how odd.:)

These days I think most temples dress him before Guru Puja. It is funny how groups learn ways and habits.

I love sitting near his murti. Grateful.

Brain dead, aren't you? If you are an atheist, well and good. Enjoy.

we on a forum of 21st century technology, while you preach sustaining words of a literature as perfect with infallibility....

perhaps the dark force is evengelical

Darkness is the key to healing. The way of the mystic/shaman.

Satan!

Prabhupada called satan the material energy.

The christians:eek: would think I am Aleister Crowley.

See how different Christianity is to Vedic (and the rest).

(please ignore all this post...late at night I take on the darkforce...and attempt to be a poor comedian).:crazy2:

He may accuse me of not knowing who I am. Then my ploy will have taken hold. Cards close to the chest (the rest is tall stories).

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Thank God us western boys got to hear of Krsna (not just Krsna as a demigod or stepping stone to the void or impersonal brahman which pervades the west thx to Vivekananda, Yogananda and the likes).

You make it sound as if the impersonal view is a horrible thing?:confused: There are many who believe that belief in personal god is childish, it's for small minds that can't realize nirguna Brahman. Not that I believe this (I am Vaishnava), but it's better not to take sides on account of these differences.

I dont think it is a horrible thing...read the 'I went for darshan thread - click here' jingle.

I am glad you are a vaisnava. I am not (as yet).

Sorry to sound derogative.

But I do adore Krsna as a person. I have been a personalist since a child. And also have room for the impersonal aspect of Him. Even the material energy is a part of the totality of all.

Gotta take care here jingle (I am a sensitive man)...things get heated when you dont fit the definition. I am using some diplomacy after my experience in the last week, from that thread (I went for darshan).

He was preaching to the christian tainted modern (19th century) Indian intellectual in the above article. Trying to wake them up to their great heritage. He augmented a modern day rejuvination of Gaudiya Vaisnavism...which eventually spread across the whole globe.

Whether his approach is accepted by people like you is another thing. But the result is that many western boys worship Krsna...and are gradually making their way home back to Godhead. As you say...maybe they will get there after several more births.

Thank God us western boys got to hear of Krsna (not just Krsna as a demigod or stepping stone to the void or impersonal brahman which pervades the west thx to Vivekananda, Yogananda and the likes). Visnu is kind to all his children. Please extend that example as his representative. You are perfect in your theology...now use compassionate intelligence to convince your audience. Ofcourse maybe your way is compassioante and I fail to see that.

Please don't explain away Bhaktivinode's wonderful essay as a preaching strategy - that is how Prabhupada's statements about Jesus being a Vaisnava are explained away.

Have you read Thakura's introduction to the book C? Many teachers in our line say similar.

click here for the intro Sri Krsna Samhita.

He even uses western dates and other non-orthodox stuff to sway the Indian intelligensia. Then he brings it on home in the central part of the book....

The central portion (the main part) of the Samhita...he then gives the vedic commentary. The intro was a pre-dinner mint to draw the intelligensia in. The middle section is brilliant...a masterpiece. It is a maha-bhagavata commentary of the Bhagavatam. If it is understood by realization...no doubt will remain that Sri Krsna is the Supreme Personality. click here to read it.

It is my favorite book. It is uttama.

that is how Prabhupada's statements about Jesus being a Vaisnava are explained away. by cbrahma

That is sad...Prabhupada accepted Jesus. I am with you mate.

Have you read Thakura's introduction to the book C? Many teachers in our line say similar.

click here for the intro Sri Krsna Samhita.

He even uses western dates and other non-orthodox stuff to sway the Indian intelligensia. Then he brings it on home in the central part of the book....

The central portion (the main part) of the Samhita...he then gives the vedic commentary. The intro was a pre-dinner mint to draw the intelligensia in. The middle section is brilliant...a masterpiece. It is a maha-bhagavata commentary of the Bhagavatam. If it is understood by realization...no doubt will remain that Sri Krsna is the Supreme Personality. click here to read it.

It is my favorite book. It is uttama.

That is sad...Prabhupada accepted Jesus. I am with you mate.

I'm not sure that you're qualified to read intentions into Bhaktivinode's writings. His target audience would be anybody favorable, intellectual or not.

I'm not sure that you're qualified to read intentions into Bhaktivinode's writings. His target audience would be anybody favorable, intellectual or not. by cbrahma

I am merely quoting my Gurudeva cbrahma, in regards to the introduction. It is commonly understood this way by most (not all).

By intelligensia I mean, the 'argumentative - those whose faith is sutained by argumentation' the madhayma class.

The expert topmost persons have no direct need for this book other than to strengthen their own conclusions. Still, they should discuss this book with due respect in order to benefit the madhyama-adhikaris. Therefore it is the madhyama-adhikaris who are the proper candidates for studying this book. All the above-mentioned three categories of people are qualified to study Shrimad Bhagavatam, yet most of the commentaries on this matchless book are composed for the benefit of the neophytes. The commentators were all swanlike persons, and they have exhibited more compassion towards the neophytes than towards the madhyamas. Whenever they discuss jnana, they are referring to brahma-jnana, or the impersonal understanding of the Absolute Truth. Therefore modern speculators are not benefited. Nowadays many people of our country discuss foreign literature and science with a desire to scrutinize its significance. They quickly become faithless after observing the indirect presentations4 by the writers of the scripture and the scriptural commentaries that are appropriate for the above-mentioned neophytes. They then either adopt a different religion or become famous by introducing a new one. The danger with this is that such people uselessly waste their time inventing a new level of understanding while leaving aside the previous mahajanas' perfect path, which automatically uplifts one from a lower qualification to a higher one. If there were some literatures appropriate for the madhyama-adhikaris to discuss, then no anarthas, or unwanted things, in the form of sub-religion, cheating religion, or irreligion would have entered India. The principal purpose of this book is to fulfill the above-mentioned requirement. Actually this book will directly and indirectly benefit all three types of persons—the uttama, madhyama, and kanishtha. Therefore they should all respect this book. BVT from intro

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>The expert topmost persons have no direct need for this book other than to strengthen their own conclusions. Still, they should discuss this book with due respect in order to benefit the madhyama-adhikaris. Therefore it is the madhyama-adhikaris who are the proper candidates for studying this book. All the above-mentioned three categories of people are qualified to study Shrimad Bhagavatam, yet most of the commentaries on this matchless book are composed for the benefit of the neophytes. The commentators were all swanlike persons, and they have exhibited more compassion towards the neophytes than towards the madhyamas. Whenever they discuss jnana, they are referring to brahma-jnana, or the impersonal understanding of the Absolute Truth. Therefore modern speculators are not benefited. Nowadays many people of our country discuss foreign literature and science with a desire to scrutinize its significance. They quickly become faithless after observing the indirect presentations4 by the writers of the scripture and the scriptural commentaries that are appropriate for the above-mentioned neophytes. They then either adopt a different religion or become famous by introducing a new one. The danger with this is that such people uselessly waste their time inventing a new level of understanding while leaving aside the previous mahajanas' perfect path, which automatically uplifts one from a lower qualification to a higher one. If there were some literatures appropriate for the madhyama-adhikaris to discuss, then no anarthas, or unwanted things, in the form of sub-religion, cheating religion, or irreligion would have entered India. The principal purpose of this book is to fulfill the above-mentioned requirement. Actually this book will directly and indirectly benefit all three types of persons—the uttama, madhyama, and kanishtha. Therefore they should all respect this book. BVT from intro </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

There is no evidence he's trying to 'draw in' anybody by being unorthodox or secular like an ad line just for the marketing value. His intro needs no explanation. It means what it says.

You've been talking to DW too much. It doesn't seem like you have any consistent belief system.

As I said cbrahma, in regards to this book, I am following Gurudeva. I asked him these very things. I do not expect you to follow me, following him. Srila Bhaktivinoda is the dearest of the dear to Gurudeva (his ishta guru). He would never demean him.

This book is unique in its purpose.

I wish not to argue on this point. But would suggest you read the full book again...and draw your own conclusion.

As I said cbrahma, in regards to this book, I am following Gurudeva. I asked him these very things. I do not expect you to follow me, following him.

I wish not to argue on this point. But would suggest you read the full book again...and draw your own conclusion.

And Gurudeva told you verbatim? Humm. Well these interpretations are questionable when closely reading the text.

Gurudev I presume is Narayana Maharaj. Oh gosh. No wonder.

I have told you before it is not Srila Narayana Maharaja.

Yes he told me directly via google talk.

This book is a unique presentation by Thakura for the argumentative, who do not accept the majority of commentaries that are written for neophyte.

Uttama have no need of commentary. Madhyama often tend to be impersonalist. The book is a masterpiece...directed toward a specific audience. Thakura was extermely intelligent, had a planned strategy for each target audience...and was empowered by Lord Caitanya for the rejuvination of Gaudiya Vaisnavism. This in no way demeans him. Infact it shows his great preaching ability.

It is totally different than the Jesus/Prabhupada argument the ignorant make to lower Jesus.

Quote:

Quote:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-right: 3ex; padding-left: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0">The expert topmost persons have no direct need for this book other than to strengthen their own conclusions. Still, they should discuss this book with due respect in order to benefit the madhyama-adhikaris. Therefore it is the madhyama-adhikaris who are the proper candidates for studying this book. All the above-mentioned three categories of people are qualified to study Shrimad Bhagavatam, yet most of the commentaries on this matchless book are composed for the benefit of the neophytes. The commentators were all swanlike persons, and they have exhibited more compassion towards the neophytes than towards the madhyamas. Whenever they discuss jnana, they are referring to brahma-jnana, or the impersonal understanding of the Absolute Truth. Therefore modern speculators are not benefited. Nowadays many people of our country discuss foreign literature and science with a desire to scrutinize its significance. They quickly become faithless after observing the indirect presentations4 by the writers of the scripture and the scriptural commentaries that are appropriate for the above-mentioned neophytes. They then either adopt a different religion or become famous by introducing a new one. The danger with this is that such people uselessly waste their time inventing a new level of understanding while leaving aside the previous mahajanas' perfect path, which automatically uplifts one from a lower qualification to a higher one. If there were some literatures appropriate for the madhyama-adhikaris to discuss, then no anarthas, or unwanted things, in the form of sub-religion, cheating religion, or irreligion would have entered India. The principal purpose of this book is to fulfill the above-mentioned requirement. Actually this book will directly and indirectly benefit all three types of persons—the uttama, madhyama, and kanishtha. Therefore they should all respect this book. BVT from intro </td></tr></tbody></table>

I have told you before it is not Srila Narayana Maharaja.

Yes he told me directly via google talk.

This book is a unique presentation by Thakura for the argumentative, who do not accept the majority of commentaries that are written for neophyte.

Uttama have no need of commentary. Madhyama often tend to be impersonalist. The book is a masterpiece...directed toward a specific audience.

Quote:

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: rgb(102,102,102) 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: rgb(102,102,102) 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(102,102,102) 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(102,102,102) 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>The expert topmost persons have no direct need for this book other than to strengthen their own conclusions. Still, they should discuss this book with due respect in order to benefit the madhyama-adhikaris. Therefore it is the madhyama-adhikaris who are the proper candidates for studying this book. All the above-mentioned three categories of people are qualified to study Shrimad Bhagavatam, yet most of the commentaries on this matchless book are composed for the benefit of the neophytes. The commentators were all swanlike persons, and they have exhibited more compassion towards the neophytes than towards the madhyamas. Whenever they discuss jnana, they are referring to brahma-jnana, or the impersonal understanding of the Absolute Truth. Therefore modern speculators are not benefited. Nowadays many people of our country discuss foreign literature and science with a desire to scrutinize its significance. They quickly become faithless after observing the indirect presentations4 by the writers of the scripture and the scriptural commentaries that are appropriate for the above-mentioned neophytes. They then either adopt a different religion or become famous by introducing a new one. The danger with this is that such people uselessly waste their time inventing a new level of understanding while leaving aside the previous mahajanas' perfect path, which automatically uplifts one from a lower qualification to a higher one. If there were some literatures appropriate for the madhyama-adhikaris to discuss, then no anarthas, or unwanted things, in the form of sub-religion, cheating religion, or irreligion would have entered India. The principal purpose of this book is to fulfill the above-mentioned requirement. Actually this book will directly and indirectly benefit all three types of persons—the uttama, madhyama, and kanishtha. Therefore they should all respect this book. BVT from intro </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I don't recall any such thing as you telling me who your guru was. You've kept that a tight secret on this forum. But it really doesn't matter who says it. I think it is offensive to pass off the universality of Bhaktivinode's statements as a preaching strategy merely, as though he didnt' 'really' mean them to be taken literally. Certainly he intends a certain class to get the most benefit as he says himself. He also claims it is benefical for all classes.

He meant everything he wrote...because he knew the intelligent would see after reading the middle section. Its brilliant.

The middle section is the best book I have ever read, and convinced me (an argumentative) of Sri Krsna. As I said...the Samhita is an commentary written by an uttama for the madhyama. Its purpose (as thakura says) is to release the madhayama from his doubtful mind requiring argumentation. This is the obstacle for a madhyama person.

He meant everything he wrote...because he knew the intelligent would see after reading the middle section. Its brilliant.

The middle section is the best book I have ever read, and convinced me (an argumentative) of Sri Krsna. As I said...the Samhita is an commentary written by an uttama for the madhayama.

Every book has a purpose, and to some extent a target audience. Bhaktivinode states the general purpose , but does not limit it to his target audience as though he was so intent on getting the madhayma preachers' attention that he had to make up things that were asiddhantic.

He is neither a politician, nor a diplomat, nor an ad man. That mundane perception of BT is offensive.