IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Butter (coconut oil mixed with beef tallow) from Asuraland

Rate this topic

Butter from Asuraland

BY: CID ANANDA DAS

Jun 25, VRINDAVAN, INDIA (SUN) — The recent scandal of tons of adulterated butter from Italy that was sold overseas makes us wonder if true vegetarians exist nowadays, and whether Lord Krishna is accepting such obnoxious ingredients on the altar. For people of Islamic faith, such products turn their halal food into improper offerings, as it contains pigs fat.

Due to heavy subsidies allotted to dairy products exporters from the European community, the Italian mafia realized how much money they can make by producing fake butter from coconut oil mixed with beef tallow from the rendering industry, which produces millions of tons of by-products from slaughterhouse rejects, diseased animals that did not meet the health requirements (including pigs), those found dead on the motorways, as well as euthanized animals together with the poison administered, from the pet industry.

The “civilized” countries have perfected this recycling technology, so much so that not many are aware of what is going on within the walls of these windowless factories, where stainless steel equipment is boiling this witches brew 24 hours a day, and turning these unpleasant dead bodies into gelatin, tallow (undigestible fat) and bone meal for pets.

Due to the mad cow disease, many parts of dead cattle were declared unfit for consumption, such as brains, liver and kidneys, as they are suspected to cause the disease, but the rendering industry is here to transform all dead bodies, diseased or not into colorful and odorless substances that the biscuit and sweets industry as well as restaurants use on a daily basis.

Recently McDonalds had to pay $10 million to various vegetarian societies, as it was frying chips (french fries) with tallow or beef fat. With expert knowledge from scientists, such substances are turned into palatable margarine and even sold as pure butter, realizing huge profits with export subsidies. However, the side effects of ingesting such impure products is diseases and deaths that are puzzling the medical practitioners, as humans are natural vegetarians, just as cows are, and a diet containing meat can cause serious imbalance in health.

With globalization of trade and corrupt practices from greedy businessmen, it is very difficult to trust any product, as even in developed countries there's no guarantee that real inspections are done. But even if such inspection is done, they can’t eliminate the multiple drugs administered to the cattle and poultry industries, such as penicillin and growth hormones, which may be the cause of the obesity epidemic around the world.

So-called less developed countries are more aware of such unhealthy practices, as they give to vultures, pigs or dogs the remnants of leftovers from feasts, and so there’s no need of a big rendering industry to cater for this. While boasting that they are more civilized than others, the "developed" countries are gradually digging their own graves with their teeth, and recently even dog eating South Korea refused U.S. beef, as it is suspected to carry the deadly prions of BSE disease or mad cow. The unlimited greed for profit has turned such businessmen into dangerous Mafiosi, whose only interest is accumulating more and more money, without remorse.

Unfortunately, most devotees are ignoring such issues, having no real emergency plans to produce their own pure products from protected cows and agriculture. There are exceptions, such as HH. Bhakti Raghava Swami (http://varnasrama.org), who is fighting to establish such farms worldwide. Still there are too few of them, and these impure products are being used daily in temples globally.

Source: European Anti-fraud Office

The recent scandal of tons of adulterated butter from Italy that was sold overseas makes us wonder if true vegetarians exist nowadays, and whether Lord Krishna is accepting such obnoxious ingredients on the altar. For people of Islamic faith, such products turn their halal food into improper offerings, as it contains pigs fat.

Go vegan!

Go Vegan!

I used to think it was very hard to go vegan, as I was particularly addicted to creamy tastes and especially ice cream, as well as curd, etc. Then I discovered what a humble banana could do when it was blended with soy milk, as well as how much better tasting than milk are some of the soy milks you can get.

I must confess I got totally addicted to soy milk and started drinking massive quantities of it, which caused me some health problems, so don't go that route!

Rice milk is much safer if you happen to be a huge milk-alternative consumer, like me. I don't think you could overdose on it at all, as it is just rice and water and vegetable oil, basically. Soy milk is the one for taste though.

For Australian devotees, try the Soy Milky brand, you will get addicted instantly, I can guarantee it. Or if it is available in your area, almond milk is both delicious and very nutritious.

For the healthiest, yummiest, cheapest, and easiest ice cream recipe, just blend over-ripe (really, really over-ripe) bananas- with soy milk for a super creamy effect, or rice milk for a lighter snack. They should be the Cavendish (long-fingered) type, not the Lady Finger (short-fingered) type. Freeze them first for 2 days or so, taking the skins off first, and have the soy or rice milk cold too, then it will be actually icecream. Then try adding peaches or pears, fresh or from the can, but if they are fresh they should be over-ripe and squishy. It's a great way to use up all that fruit you have in the fridge that is almost ready to throw out.

Instead of curd, tofu is the way, with the firm stuff perfect for frying and the soft stuff perfect for crumbling. Olive oil is a very healthy alternative to ghee. Instead of butter on bread, try nut butters or tahini- bought in bulk they are cheaper too.

For a huge range of fantastic cheap recipes I recommend Vegan with a Vengeance. Actually there are so many good books out there, but if you are on a shoe-string and short of time, this one is great.

by Niscala dasi

“Devotee: We have a lot of second-generation devotees that are vegans because they don’t want to see the cows slaughtered, and their parents are coming to us for milk, to get their children to have that milk product.

“ISKCON HH Sivarama Swami Maharaja: It just really highlights that point that we really neglected Prabhupada’s instructions and we’re painting ourselves in a corner in so many different ways because we have ignored such fundamental things. We are supporting a slaughterhouse industry. Talk about contaminated food and contaminated milk and all the karma that comes along with that.”

A Self-Sufficient Darshan with HH Sivarama Swami

• July 1, 2008