IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
seglare80

Help with prana pratishta

Rate this topic

Namo Narayan!

I´m trying to learn prana pratishta but is a little confused about the nyasa part. My instruction says:

The Yantra Gayatri is Yantrarajaya Vidmahe Mahayantraya Dhimahi Tanno Yantrah Prachodayat.

Brahmna-Vishnu-Maheshvara are the Rishis of this great mantra installing life into the Shri Yantra; Rg, Yajur, Sam and Atharva are the Metres; Consciousness is the Devata; Am is the Bija, Hrim the Shakti, Krom the Kilaka. The application is installation of life into the Shri Chakra.

Ok, here it beginns - my question is - in what way should I conntact the body parts in the following Nyasa part? Should I just think of - for ex. the thumbs, or should I press my index finger against it?

Aim Hrim Shrim Am Kam Kham Gam Gham Nam to Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Aether, Am to the thumbs Namah.

3 Im Cham Ccham Jam Jham Nam to Sound, Touch, Sight, Taste, Smell Im to the index fingers Namah.

3 Um Tam Tham Dam Dham Nam to Hearing, Touch, Eyes, Tongue, Nose Um to the middle fingers Namah.

3 Um Tam Tham Dam Dham Nam to Speech, Hands, Feet, Genitals, Anus Aim to the ring fingers Namah.

3 Om Pam Pham Bam Bham Mam to Talking, Giving, Moving, Enjoying, Excreting Aum to the little fingers Namah.

3 Am Yam Ram Lam Vam Sham Sham Sam Ham Lam Ksham to Manas (mind), Buddhi (intellect), Ahamkara(ego), Thought, Inner Cause, Ah to the palm and back of the hands Namah.

(Thus Heart &c. Nyasa)

Aim Hrim Shrim Om Am Hrim Krom Yam Ram Lam Vam Sham Sham Sam Haun Ham Sah may Life exist here in the Shri Chakra!

3 Om Am Hrim Krom Yam Ram Lam Vam Sham Sham Sam Ham Ham Sah my individual existence be here in the Shri Chakra!

3 Om Am Hrim Krom Yam Ram Lam Vam Sham Sham Sam Ham Ham Sah may all the senses be here in the Shri Chakra!

3 Om Am Hrim Krom Yam Ram Lam Vam Sham Sham Sam Haum Ham Sah, may Speech, Mind, Eyes, Ears, Tongue, Nose, Breath come inside this Shri Chakra! May Happiness stay long here! Svaha.

Om Shri durgayai Namah . Shreyananda nath

Dear Seglare,

when you refer to each fingers you pass that finger with thump of the same hand. thump is to be passed with index finger . That when you refer to thump in your mantra touch the tip of the thump with index tip and draw the index finger tip down to the base of thump. (Do this simultaniously on both of your hands) . When you refer to index finger touch tht tip of index with the tip of thump and draw your thump down to the base of index . For midile finger stroke it with the thump as you did for the index and so an for all the fingers.

when you reach the sixth mantra corresponging to palm and back of palm rub - or whipe - your right back of palm with the left palm and lefr back of palm with the right palm lehgth wise ie the hand should slide on the other along the diraction of the fingers. this complets the Hand Nyasa.

Comming to the six parts of the body Called Anga nyasa (which you dont seem to employ - however iam including this so that in future if you need them you can use) : Employ your right hand to touch initial four parts. For the last two you need to employ both hands simultaniously. When you chant the mantra for the heart touch the center of your chest with right hand when you refer to head touch forehead when you refer to the croun (Cika) touch the portion of your head where traditional hindu bhramin priest wear a truf - (slightly bach of the crown of head) When you refer to the three eye touch the right and left eyes woth your thump and little fingers and the third eye at the eyebrow centre with your middle finger( simultaniously).When you refer to the armor(Kavacha) with the palm of your both hands touch the opposit shoulders(simultaniously) . When you refer to wepen (astra) with the right index and middle finger strike the left palm so as to make a 'pat' or 'tup' sound .

All this are to be coordinated with the corresponding mantra chanting.

The best way to learn these hand gestures is to whach some traditional preast performing them once. However no harm if you doit wrongly as what matters is the mental association. If you think of those parts mentally that is enough. The hand gestures are mearly an aid for this mental act.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Sri Gurubhyon Namah

I have a serious question for you are you trying to do the laghu pooja reading a book , looks like that, the kara and anga nyasa, the mudras the procedure has to be learnt from a competent guru, this is not a trial and error method to do things as it can harm you and your family, i am not trying to scare you but letting you know that to practice srividya you need to have a guru to guide you, and if you say that bhakti is more important, why the sages laid the rules, they could have written as a foreword to all the scriptures that bhakti is the main requirement and could have done away with the various mudras and nyasas, so reqest you to be judicious in your decision on to continue with the upasana.

Sri Kamakshi