IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Bringing It To A Practical Platform

Rate this topic

Interesting point - an advanced devotee is not doing anything, everything is done by Krsna.

Harikesa: So bringing it to a practical platform….........

Prabhupada: Practical means it will be done by Krishna. Your only business is to surrender to Krishna. You cannot do anything. And as soon as you think that “I shall be able to do it,” then you are a rascal. Immediately you are rascal.

Harikesa: So only a fully surrendered soul can do everything perfectly.

Prabhupada: Hm?

Harikesa: A fully surrendered soul is the only one who can do things perfectly.

Prabhupada: He cannot do anything, even in his… Everything is to be done by Krishna. But he has to apply his intelligence by Krishna consciousness. Even if he is intelligent, he cannot do anything.

Harikesa: Except surrender.

Prabhupada: Yes. He can surrender, and Kṛṣṇa will do everything. You have to act very sincerely under the direction of Krishna, and then the war will be successful, as Arjuna did.

Harikesa: So imperfect activity is a sign of lack of surrender.

21ecjz9.gif

Devotional Art: http://www.romapadaswami.com/?q=node/2303

Prabhupada: Yes…avasya raksibe Krishna. Raksisyati iti visvasa-palanam. You work sincerely, devoutly, and have faith that “Krishna will save me from all dangers.” Raksisyati iti visvasa-palanam. “I have surrendered to Krishna sincerely. Now Krishna will give me all protection.” This faith, that is the beginning of devotional life. Faith.

Harikesa: So this faith, is this sraddha or nistha?

Prabhupada: Sraddha. Beginning, sraddha. Then, when he is advanced, then he becomes fixed up. “Yes, Krishna is protecting me.”

Morning Walk Conversation

with His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

December 3, 1975, Vrndavana

I have seen some of the same conceptions in Christianity how the Lord usually seems to protect those that believe in Him even if they seemingly go through various difficulties.

And pretty much true for all religions.

If we can successfully accomplish everything we set out to do; if we have no reason to be unhappy and/or bored, why will anyone bother with a God?

Cheers

I have seen some of the same conceptions in Christianity how the Lord usually seems to protect those that believe in Him even if they seemingly go through various difficulties.

In the story of Job the Lord causes his trials and tribulations to prove what a faithful servant he is.

The Bhagavatam gives us the story of Prahlada Maharaja.