IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Dev Dharam

Friends

Rate this topic

Sat Nam,

Dear readers,

I am concerned about my recent life among friends since I have arrived to a stage in which I no longer seem to be in the same vibration (if youd like to call it that way) as my friends. I am 20 y.o. and I can no longer relate to most of the activities guys my age enjoy (like clubbing, drinking, sex, etc). I suppose I have come to this stage thanx to my meditations, I practice Kundalini Yoga and I am kind of involved in buddhism inspite my dislike for tags. Recently however I managed to enter a very relaxed state, but it just seems that life around me wants to disrupt it, everyone is so accelerated all the time, shouting, driving, working, studying, always in such a rush and even my friends seem to go at a different speed. Maybe I shouldt but it really makes me feel weird and I was wondering how do you find ppl like you? how do they come to you or how do you go to them? I trust in the flow of things but just know I was with my gf and she was so accelerated, so high with emotions and I was not and for the first time I felt she was going a different way. I dont know maybe im just confused, the questions are rather retorical but i would love to read your thoughts in this whole matter.

Take care,

Love

Dev Dharam

two things come to mind

1. realize true nature and true ego (who am I really)....then what others do will not be so important

2. what do we desire from life, from our yoga practices etc? look at desires and see if those desires are what we really want

I agree with Bija's advice. It's perfect.

Also I can relate to your situation, I've been there - but Bija speaks truth when he says

" realize true nature and true ego (who am I really)....then what others do will not be so important"

Once you can understand that, everything is fine. I still see/associate with friends of that nature, it's different now but still OK. I wouldn't worry about what they think of you either, you can never know unless you ask them directly. Anyway - these mental disturbances are your creation only, they might not even notice anything unusual/different about you?! Don't stress too much over dealings with friends. They are afterall your friends.

You should befriend the bhagavatam set! That is the bestest friend!

Hope that helps.