IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
rohini108

Hot off the Press

Rate this topic

Only problem, content. So long the internet is not used to serve God it is simply turned from small into big botheration.

So this is the position, material world. We are always in problem, puzzle, and when something better is proposed to the materialistic person, that “You take to Krishna consciousness, you’ll be happy,” he sees nimittāni viparītāni, just opposite. “What this Krishna consciousness I shall happy? My family is in trouble or I have got so many problems. What this Krishna consciousness will help me?” Nimittāni ca viparītāni. This is material condition of life. Therefore it requires time, little time to understand. That is Bhagavad-gītā. The same Arjuna, he is now finding, nimittāni ca viparītāni. When he will understand Bhagavad-gītā, he will say, “Yes, Krishna, what You are saying, it is right. It is right.” Because after instructing Arjuna, Krishna will ask him, “Now what you want to do?” Because Krishna does not force. Krishna says that “You surrender unto Me.”

2cohfh3.jpg

He does not force, that “You must surrender. I am God. You are My part and parcel.” No, He’ll never say that. Because He has given you little independence, He will not touch it. Otherwise what is the difference between a stone and a living entity? A living entity must have independence, although it is very little, minute. That Krishna does not touch. He’ll never touch. You’ll have to agree, “Yes, Krishna, I shall surrender unto You. Yes. That is for my benefit.” This is Krishna consciousness. You must voluntarily agree, not hackneyed, mechanical. “Spiritual master says like this right. All right let me do it.” No. You have to understand very nicely. Teṣāṁ satata-yuktānāṁ bhajatāṁ prīti- pūrvakam [Bg. 10.10]. Prīti, with love. When you work, when you work for Krishna with love and enthusiasm, that is your Krishna conscious life. If you think that “It is hackneyed, it is troublesome, but what can I do? These people ask me to do it. I have to do it,” that is not Krishna consciousness. You have to do it voluntarily and with great pleasure. Then you know. Utsāhān niścayād dhairyāt tat-tat- karma-pravartanāt, sato vṛtteḥ sādhu-saṅge ṣaḍbhir bhaktiḥ prasidhyati. You will find in our Upadeśāmṛta (3). Always you should be enthusiastic, utsāhāt. Dhairyāt, with patience. Tat-tat-karma- pravartanāt, niścayāt. Niścayāt means with confidence. “When I am engaged in Krishna’s business, Krishna’s activities, Krishna will surely take me back to home, back to…” Niścayāt. And Krishna says, man- manā bhava mad-bhakto mad-yājī māṁ namaskuru [Bg. 18.65]. “I will take you back.” It is stated. Krishna is not a liar so we have to work with enthusiasm. Just… Not viparītāni. That will be accepted by Arjuna at the end. Krishna will ask him, “My dear Arjuna, what is your now decision?” Arjuna will say, “Yes.” Tvat prasādāt keśava naṣṭa- mohaḥ: “My all illusion is now gone by Your mercy.”

Bhagavad-gītā 1.30

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

London, July 23, 1973