IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

the incarnations of the Lord are innumerable,...

Rate this topic

SB 1.3.26 - O brahmanas, the incarnations of the Lord are innumerable, like rivulets flowing from inexhaustible sources of water.

Various avatars of the Lord are continously appearing on planets all throughout the unlimited universes manifested from Vishnu just to preform some specific service to the Lord with the aim of reclaiming the fallen souls.

How small minded it is for anyone on any planet in any universe to think that God only appears in their own little home tract of land.

We need to crawl out of the little boxes that our consciousness is imprisioned by and develop a more universal way of thinking and view of reality.

Certainly a fact overlooked by most modern Hindus, and Gaudiya Vaishnavas (some of whom wish to be differentiated from Hindus), but what I think we also need to understand is that this doesn't neccesarily prove Jesus or Muhammad were avatars. Now personally I am leaning towards the idea that the first of the two was an avatar, but we have to understand some of the Biblical gospels do present some rather un-Vedic ideas, which I myself have a hard time reconciling with the teachings of Krishna.

"Whenever and wherever there is a decaying

of righteousness, O Bharata,

And a rise of unrighteousness

then I manifest Myself!" Bhagavad Gita Chapter IV-7

Whenever = at ANY time

Wherever = at ANY place

When dharma falls below a certain level, then the Lord incarnates at ANY time and at ANY place. It's that simple, dudes! It really is! :P

Certainly a fact overlooked by most modern Hindus, and Gaudiya Vaishnavas (some of whom wish to be differentiated from Hindus), but what I think we also need to understand is that this doesn't neccesarily prove Jesus or Muhammad were avatars. Now personally I am leaning towards the idea that the first of the two was an avatar, but we have to understand some of the Biblical gospels do present some rather un-Vedic ideas, which I myself have a hard time reconciling with the teachings of Krishna.

Don't ignore the fact that shakyavesa avatars are given specific miszions to fulfill on behalf of the Lord. Kapila taught differently than Lord Buddha who out and out decried the vedas and the barbaric animal sacrifices prescribed therein and even taught there is no individual soul. Lord Jesus came to raise the Hebrews from their animal sacrificing woman stoning mudane religion into the religion of the soul composed of loving God and forgiving others while renouncing the material world. Prithu Maharaja was empowered in the matter of administration.

Concerning your statement in bold above please show where in the gospels ( the four books containing the words of Christ) EXACTLY where you find these ideas that are opposed to the teaching of Lord Krsna.

If I remember correctly, Srila Prabhupada himself said in Bhagavad Gita: As It Is that avatars are descending on planets all over our universe at different times to execute certain tasks. I don't currently have that book with me, so some confirmation would be nice.

Concerning your statement in bold above please show where in the gospels ( the four books containing the words of Christ) EXACTLY where you find these ideas that are opposed to the teaching of Lord Krsna.

Namaste Theist.

There's a tale in Gospel of Mark, and Luke of how several demons had possessed a man, and Jesus drives them out. However, he allows the demons to possess a herd of pigs, who then go mad and jump off a cliff. I've always found this particular tale has bothered me.

If I remember correctly, Srila Prabhupada himself said in Bhagavad Gita: As It Is that avatars are descending on planets all over our universe at different times to execute certain tasks. I don't currently have that book with me, so some confirmation would be nice.

Bhagavad Gita: As It Is online version is at:

http://bhagavadgitaasitis.com/en

Namaste Theist.

There's a tale in Gospel of Mark, and Luke of how several demons had possessed a man, and Jesus drives them out. However, he allows the demons to possess a herd of pigs, who then go mad and jump off a cliff. I've always found this particular tale has bothered me.

OK that story bothers you. But you will admit bothering you is a lot different than than being opposed to to the teachings of Lord Krsna. Yes?

OK that story bothers you. But you will admit bothering you is a lot different than than being opposed to to the teachings of Lord Krsna. Yes?
But, that's the thing. I read of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Buddha and various other incarnations and followers of Krishna preachings vegetarianism, and non-harm to animals, yet a whole herd of pigs are driven off a cliff by Jesus, according to this gospel.

Sri Krishna Himself killed plenty of demons who had possessed/taken the form of animals.

Great thread, all.

He walks amongst us even now!

But, that's the thing. I read of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Buddha and various other incarnations and followers of Krishna preachings vegetarianism, and non-harm to animals, yet a whole herd of pigs are driven off a cliff by Jesus, according to this gospel.

You state the same thing. But when will you back up your claim and show EXACTLY where Jesus is opposed to Krishna?

You state the same thing. But when will you back up your claim and show EXACTLY where Jesus is opposed to Krishna?
Jesus is not directly opposed to Krishna in his teachings per se, but rather his teachings (or atleast what these gospels say were his teachings) seem to contradict some of what Krishna has taught. Like I have said there is the incidence with the pigs, and when he feeds some of his followers fish. However, his theological and moral teachings seem to sing in complete harmony with Vaishnavism

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father (Jn.14:9).

The Father and I are one (Jn.10:30).

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father (Jn.14:9).

The Father and I are one (Jn.10:30).

And later in John He says the Father is greater than I. Simultaneous oneness and difference.

Wanna try again?