IndiaDivine.org

Forgiveness:“I forgive you, and I forgive myself. I hope you can do the same.”

Rate this topic

krsna

Words of Windsom

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is letting go of the pain and accepting what has happened, because it will not change.

Forgiveness is dismissing the blame. Choices were made that caused the hurt; we each could have chosen differently, but we didn’t.

Forgiveness is looking at the pain, learning the lesson it has produced, and understanding what we have learned.

[url="http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/"]

Forgiveness allows us to move on toward a better understanding of universal love and our true purpose.

Forgiveness is knowing that love is the answer too all questions, and that we all are in some way connected.

Forgiveness is starting over with knowledge that we have gained.

It is saying: “I forgive you, and I forgive myself. I hope you can do the same.”

- Judith Mammay

Ten Things to Remember

When Your Feelings

Have Been Trampled On

1. Whether it’s a family member, somebody at work, or your best friend who’s hurt you badly, put yourself in their shoes and treat them the way you would want to be treated, even if they don’t deserve it.

2. If you’ve heard something you didn’t want to be hear, remember it may not be 100% true. So lighten up. If it’s not urgent, put off thinking about it for a couple of days. Forgive the person who wronged you; don’t forget, you’re doing this for yourself, too. Prove to yourself that you can practice what you believe. Try to be as understanding of others as you would want them to be of you.

3. There will always be losers and winners. Act according to how you want to feel about yourself when all is said and done. Don’t judge what others do if you don’t want them to judge you.

4. Remember, what other people do is their responsibility. Don’t let them cause you to carry a grudge and let their actions weigh you down. They are not responsible for your actions, no matter what they do. You are.

5. If someone has said something untrue about you or done something intentionally to hurt you, wish good things for that person – even if you don’t feel like it. Ask for them what you desire for yourself, and it will draw those things to you.

6. If you’ve made a mistake or disappointed yourself or others, apologize quickly and earnestly; that’s all you can do. Let your remorse teach you how to have compassion for others when they make mistakes. Nobody’s perfect, even though we all try to be. If someone can’t accept your apology, that’s okay, too. Just do the right thing and go on.

7. Talk less and listen more; you could learn something about others and about yourself. If you feel like yelling, go outside and throw rocks on the cement instead. Take a walk or, better yet, sing… it will put a melody back in your life.

8. If you think someone is making fun of you or someone you love, disarm them, not with your fist, but with your best smile. Give them something they don’t know how to give. Speak to them; be bold. Ask that they be blessed and you’ll be blessed, too. Forgiveness is a powerful thing; it will help your body and soul. Don’t let anyone cause you to act they way they’ve acted toward you, and remember that they have a right to do whatever they choose also.

9. Don’t hide your hurts and pains and feelings inside where they will harden your heart. Use common sense and understanding to process them. Don’t react just from your feelings; respond with maturity rather than childish habit. You won’t regret it.

10. Get in touch with the person you want to be and become that. Listen to your heart… you can find the answer there to every question you have. Remember, no matter how you’re treated, just treat others the way you would want to be treated when your feelings are getting trampled on.

- Donna Fargo

Love is without reason

True religion teaches causeless love of God. It does not say, “I love God because He supplies me nice objects for my sense gratification. ” That is not love. God is great, God is our eternal father, and it is our duty to love Him. There is no question of barter or exchange. We should not think, “Oh, God gives me my daily bread; therefore I love God.” God gives daily bread even to the cats and dogs. Since He is the father of everyone, He is supplying everyone food. So loving God for daily bread is not love. Love is without reason. Even if God does not supply us our daily bread, we should love Him. That is true love. As Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, aslisya va pada-ratam pinastu mam adarsanan marma-hatam karotu va: “I know no one but Krsna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly by His embrace or makes me broken-hearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord, unconditionally.” That is the sentiment of one who is established in pure love of God. When we attain that stage of love of God, we will find that everything is full of pleasure; God is full of pleasure, and we also are full of pleasure.

suhrn-mitrary- udasinamadhyasth advesya-bandhusu sadhusv api ca papesu sama-buddhir viisyate

“A person is said to be still further advanced when he regards all–the honest well-wisher, friends and enemies, the envious, the pious, the sinner, and those who are indifferent and impartial–with an equal mind.” (Bg.6.9)

This is a sign of real spiritual advancement. In this material world we are considering people friends and enemies on the bodily platform–that is, on the basis of sense gratification. If one gratifies our senses, he is our friend, and if he doesn’t, he is our enemy. However, once we have realized God, or the Absolute Truth, there are no such material considerations. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: