IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

The Four Holy Kshetras Of India

Rate this topic

Jagannathpuri.com: "The four Holy Kshetras of India including temples at Rameshwaram, Dwaraka, Badrinath and Puri.

In Jagananath Puri every day 56 varieties of Bhog are offered to the Lord.

The Mahaprasadam remains hot for a long time as it is kept in the same earthen pots which are used to cook it."

7y3ogeg.jpg

Shri Caitanya Mahaprabhu

"If you decorate Krishna very nicely, then you will be also seen very much decorated.There is no fable. We are offering Krishna nice foodstuff, so we are eating this nice prasādam which we never conceived or dreamed, dreamt in our life. Because we are offering to Krishna, we become so fortunate to taste this nice prasādam. Krishna, nija-lābha-pūrnah. It is not that if you give a nice plate of foodstuff, Krishna eats everything, and you simply see the empty dish. No. Krishna eats and again keeps it as it is for… That is Krishna. Pūrnasya pūrnam ādāya pūrnam evāvaśisyate. The atheist class of men, they think, “We offered so many things. Krishna did not eat.” No. He has eaten, but He is nija-lābha-pūrnam. He is not hungry, but whatever you have offered, He has eaten. Just like Caitanya Mahāprabhu. Everyone was offering so many things. It was stocked, and Govinda one day informed Caitanya Mahāprabhu, “Sir, people bring so many nice foodstuffs for You. It is stocked. Practically the whole room is filled up, and when they ask me that ‘Whether Caitanya Mahāprabhu has eaten my offering?’ I say ‘Yes, yes, He has eaten.’ So I have to tell so many lies, and the stock is there. You do not eat.” So Caitanya Mahāprabhu said, “All right, bring them here.” So one after one, the whole room was finished. Caitanya Mahāprabhu ate everything. Then He asked him, “Bring more.” “No, Sir, only the empty pots are there.” “All right, stop.” So this is Krishna. If you offer Him huge foodstuff, He can eat. And if you can offer Him little flower, fruit and water, that also, He is satisfied. So everyone should offer according to his means, and Krishna is ready to accept, not that you have to become a very rich man and you have to offer Krishna foodstuff fifty- six times as in Jagannātha Purī the foodstuffs are offered. Not that. He is pleased anyway. But become a devotee. Try to please Him to your best capacity."

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 7.9.11

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Māyāpur, February 18, 1976