IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Bring This Rascal At Home

Rate this topic

Unfortunately this met with a little criticism by so called Sanskrit scholars, a spiritual master of the Gaudiya Vaishnava tradition preaching to Western people about the path to attain the eternal spiritual kingdom of Lord Sri Krishna and saying, "Bring This Rascal At Home".

But what can be done? Which conditioned soul in this material world is not a rascal?

"Just like a rich man, if his son goes out of home, he is suffering. His father knows that rascal boy is suffering. He is very anxious to get him back. “Bring this rascal at home.” That is father’s concern, naturally. Similarly, Krishna is more eager to take you back. Therefore He comes. He comes. He has got his agent, the guru. He has got His instruction, the Bhagavad-gītā. The whole concern is that God is so anxious, Krishna is anxious, to call back these rascals, back to home, back to Godhead.

mw5m6q.jpg

So sometimes He is so eager that He comes Himself. Just like I have sent some my agent to do something. I am seeing that it is being delayed, so I go there: “What you are doing? Why it is so delayed?” Like that. Therefore Krishna says,

yada yada hi dharmasya glanir bhavati bharata abhyutthanam adharmasya tadatmānam srijamy aham [bg. 4.7]"

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 1.15.42

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Los Angeles, December 20, 1973