Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

We Preach Indian Spiritualism

Rate this topic

We preach Indian spiritualism in Russia, say Russian devotees

351bbcy.jpg

Anupam Bhagria

Posted online: Saturday , October 06, 2007 at 12:00:00

Ludhiana, October 5 Meet these Russians currently visiting the city, and they pleasantly wish you “Hare Krishna ji”. These Russians are associated with Iskcon, and are here to take part in the Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra. The Russians are impressed with Punjabi hospitality. They are also highly fascinated with the Indian spiritual philosophy. Says Liva Prema, a 23-year-old student from Moscow, who said, “I have just finished my studies. I am fond of books published by Iskcon, and wanted to be part of the rath yatra. In Russia, I am associated with many religious organizations, but find the Indian spiritual philosophy very deep. I also preach the Indian philosophy in my country.”

As many as 2,000 foreign devotees from Russia, USA, Germany etc are participating in the 12th Jagannath Rath Yatra being taken out on October 6.

A 48-year-old Russian devotee who comes from a Muslim family has now taken the name of Satyawati Devi Darshi. “I belong to Uzbekistan and have been living in Vrindavan since 15 years. The teachings of Lord Krishna on consciousness are very deep, and I am still learning a lot through it. There are many aspects of life where it instructs us.”

Vachitra Symkha Dass, 47, also hails from Russia. She has been living in Vrindavan since seven years. Dass has also visited some countries to speak about the Hindu philosophy. “I found people full of warmth and enthusiasm. It was my dream to participate in the Rath Yatra, so I am here.” Interestingly all the female devotees were wearing saris, while the males were wearing dhoti-kurta in white colour.

<!--Story End--> zero.gif

<!--Page Next Previous Start--><!-- Go to arrow_next_l.gif123456arrow_next_r.gif

--> <!--Page Next Previous end--> zero.gif