IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Kali-yuga leaders - creepy stuff

Rate this topic

<!--Banner End --> <!--Partner Logo Start--> <!--Partner Logo End --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="center"><table><tbody><tr><td><table><tbody><tr><td align="center">

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td rowspan="2"> mainLogo.gif </td> <td align="right"> printthis-logo.gif </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="font-cn" align="right">Powered by</td> <td> smallclicklogo.gif</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <ilayer id="layerTop" visibility="hide"> </ilayer> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> btn-print-page.gif </td> <td align="right"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td>spacer.gif</td> <td class="font-cn" align="right" bgcolor="#e6e6e6" nowrap="nowrap"> SAVE THIS | EMAIL THIS | Close </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#cccccc">spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!--Article Goes Here--> Senator pleaded guilty, reportedly after bathroom stall incident

• Story Highlights
  • Republican Larry Craig was arrested at Minneapolis airport in June
  • Arrest document reportedly alleges Craig signaled desire for "lewd conduct"
  • Craig denied any inappropriate conduct in a written statement
  • Craig said he regrets pleading guilty to the misdemeanor

(CNN) -- A Republican senator pleaded guilty earlier this month to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge stemming from his arrest at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, according to state criminal records.

Roll Call newspaper reported Monday that Sen. Larry Craig of Idaho was apprehended June 11 by a plainclothes police officer investigating complaints of lewd behavior in an airport men's room.

Roll Call reports on the U.S. legislature.

Craig denied any inappropriate conduct in a prepared statement, and said he now regrets his guilty plea.

"At the time of this incident, I complained to the police that they were misconstruing my actions. I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct," he said. "I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously."

Congress is currently in recess, and Craig's office said he was on vacation in Idaho with his family, with no public appearances scheduled.

Craig, 62, paid a $500 fine when he entered his guilty plea on August 8 in Hennepin County Municipal Court in Bloomington, Minnesota, according to state criminal records.

CNN confirmed that Craig was sentenced to 10 days in jail but that sentence was stayed.

Minnesota law defines disorderly conduct as brawling, disturbing a meeting or engaging in "offensive, obscene, abusive, boisterous or noisy conduct."

According to Roll Call, the arresting officer alleged that Craig lingered outside a rest room stall where the officer was sitting, then entered the stall next door and blocked the door with his luggage.

According to the arrest report cited by Roll Call, Craig tapped his right foot, which the officer said he recognized "as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct."

The report alleges Craig then touched the officer's foot with his foot and the senator "proceeded to swipe his hand under the stall divider several times," according to Roll Call.

At that point, the officer said he put his police identification down by the floor so Craig could see it and informed the senator that he was under arrest, before any sexual contact took place.

Idaho's senior senator is married with three grown children and nine grandchildren. A former rancher, Craig was first elected to the Senate in 1990, after serving a decade in the House. His seat is up for re-election in 2008.

Last fall, Craig's office publicly denied assertions by Internet blogger Mike Rogers that the senator is gay. Craig's office dismissed speculation about the senator's sexuality as "completely ridiculous."

In 1982, Craig denied rumors that he was under investigation as part of a federal probe into allegations that lawmakers on Capitol Hill had sexual relationships with congressional pages, saying the "false allegations" made him "mad as hell."

He was never implicated in that investigation, which eventually led to ethics charges against two other congressmen.[...]

what straight senators support Iraq. You mean democrats? When the self righteous fall, the "thuid" is quite loud, I must say. Barney Frank wouldnt even make page twelve of the feature edition. Is it better to be a creep who is honest, of a creep who is not?

I choose the former, because honesty is the beginning, without this quality, the world flattens and sinks into oblivion. Srimati Bhumidevi tolerates anything but lies. Creeps alone dont make her wanna die, but liars do.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Srimati Bhumidevi tolerates anything but lies.

TRANSLATION SB 8.20.4

There is nothing more sinful than untruthfulness. Because of this, mother earth once said, "I can bear any heavy thing except a person who is a liar."

PURPORT

On the surface of the earth there are many great mountains and oceans that are very heavy, and mother earth has no difficulty carrying them. But she feels very much overburdened when she carries even one person who is a liar. It is said that in Kali-yuga lying is a common affair: mayaiva vyavaharike (SB 12.2.3). Even in the most common dealings, people are accustomed to speaking so many lies. No one is free from the sinful reactions of speaking lies. Under the circumstances, one can just imagine how this has overburdened the earth, and indeed the entire universe.