IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sunanda

1st grain dilema

Rate this topic

Haribol !

My daughter is 4 months old and has been drinking only her mother's milk since now. As my wife is about to go back to work, we'll have to feed our baby with milk for babies, which is mixed with grains or cereal stuff.

I'm wondering how should i do, as we have no priest available around. I have diska initiation, so i was thinking about doing this very simply, mixing the milk with a mahaprasadam grain of rice and then giving her like this.

Any idea or experience about this would be welcome.

Thank you in advance

Haribol !

My daughter is 4 months old and has been drinking only her mother's milk since now. As my wife is about to go back to work, we'll have to feed our baby with milk for babies, which is mixed with grains or cereal stuff.

I'm wondering how should i do, as we have no priest available around. I have diska initiation, so i was thinking about doing this very simply, mixing the milk with a mahaprasadam grain of rice and then giving her like this.

Any idea or experience about this would be welcome.

Thank you in advance

You should not give cows milk to a baby less than a year old.

Babies do not have the enzymes in their system to digest cows milk properly.

There is scientific evidence that giving cows milk to infants less than a year old can lead to diabetes later on in life.

I urge against it strongly.

I have raised three babies with my wife.

No grains until one year is the ayurvedic system as far as I know.

Due to circumstances my son was taken off of breast milk at the age of about 1 month and we fed him the soy formula though.

My daughters were raised on breast milk for over a year each.

My son has the best teeth of my three children.

He has a beautiful set of perfect teeth, more so than the girls.

Being afraid of the milk based forumulas I opted for the soy forumula and I can say for sure that my son has always been a very healthy child.

I can't remember when you are allowed to start feeding them some solid foods like fruit and vegtable puree, but you can find that out with a little research.

I never gave any of my babies any cows milk before they were a year old and they have all been very healthy.