IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

If Krishna Takes Special Care For You

Rate this topic

Being crushed by Krishna and behaving like somene who's really thankful about it?

"I did not understand in the beginning."

Prabhupada, New York, November 23, 1966:"..If Krishna takes seriously about your case, if you are fully surrendered, then He'll direct you in such a way that you cannot go elsewhere except to Him, even sometimes you may find that "Krishna is doing something against my will." I have got my personal experience. I never tried, never accepted that I shall become a sannyāsī. And I tried my best to keep myself in this material world.

And Krishna has, several times He has frustrated me and has brought me by force to this life. And now I am happy. I can understand that how much favor has Krishna showed me. Yes. I did not understand in the beginning.

So sometimes, if Krishna takes special care for you, He'll do in such a way that you will have no other way than to go back. He'll take charge, take charge. If we sincerely want Krishna, if He sees that "Here is a person. He wants Me. But he's a foolish. He wants Me; at the same time he wants to enjoy this material world. So crush this, crush this, his material propensities, and let him become simply devoted." Yes. Sometimes we see like that. In the, in the Śrīmad- Bhāgavata there is a question by Śukadeva Gosvāmī, by Mahārāja Parīkṣit. Mahārāja Parīkṣit… Because he understood that his grandfathers were put to so many difficulties although Kṛṣṇa was their friend, personal friend. So everyone became astonished: "How is that? These five brothers, the big brothers… Mahārāja Yudhiṣṭhira. He was the most pious man. Arjuna was the greatest warrior, and Draupadī, their wife, directly the goddess of fortune. And so much nice… And above all, Kṛṣṇa is their personal friend, and still, they were put into such difficulties. They lost their kingdom. They lost their wife. And they were put into so many… For thirteen years they had to undergo so many troubles." So this was astonishing. Even Bhīṣma, he cried that "I cannot understand why these five brothers are put into so many difficulties in spite of their, all these qualities...

.."If I do somebody some special favor, then My first duty is I become him crushed in all material possessions." You see? Why? "Because to make him more surrendered to Me." When he becomes helpless, he has no other way. "Krishna, please take me." When he has something, he thinks, "Oh, these things will protect me, my material possessions." Therefore he does not surrender. Now, Krishna sees that "This man, this living entity, is very much devotee, but he wants something, this nonsense. So crush him so that when he'll feel helpless, he will come to Me. No more. So I'll give him all protection." So there is a policy of Krishna. Sometimes He puts us into test, whether we are sincerely devotee of Krishna. Because we are always after sense gratification, so if Krishna is not a order-supplier, then one rejects Krishna. We want God, or Krishna, to be our order-supplier. So we must order Krishna, "Give me this. Give me that. If You cannot give me, then what are You, Krishna? I don't want You." This sort of bhakti, or devotional service, is not accepted by Krishna.