IndiaDivine.org

Sri Caitanya Saraswat Ashram

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It is located in Eugene Oregon and is a branch of Sri Chaitanya Saraswata Math. Is that a good or bad thing ? I have been reading some of the stuff on the Sri Chaitanya Saraswata Math homepage and it seems ok to me but I personally know very little.

It is located in Eugene Oregon and is a branch of Sri Chaitanya Saraswata Math. Is that a good or bad thing ? I have been reading some of the stuff on the Sri Chaitanya Saraswata Math homepage and it seems ok to me but I personally know very little.

Oh yeah, that is fine bunch.

Agni deva is there and some other really fine devotees.

Actually, Agnideva has lived in Santa Rosa, California, for several years. He owns a Govinda's restaurant near Santa Rosa College. He associates with Tripurari Maharaja, whose ashram is about an hour and a half away.

I guess I am really out of touch.

Then I don't know much anything about Eugene.

But, I imagine there are some nice devotees around there.

My son Nitai Prasad was born in Ukiah which is not far from T Swami's temple ashram.

I lived in Lakeport about 20 years ago.

It sure is a nice part of California.

• 2 weeks later...

My opinion is very biased in this regards since both Mathuranath Prabhu and Nitya Hari Prabhu are my senior Godbrothers and friends, but I say the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Ashram in Eugene must be a divinely wonderful place given who is behind it (and who is behind those who are behind it).

Both Prabhus are among the sweetest, most dedicated servitors of Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga with whom I've had the fortune of associating.

Eugene Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Seva Ashram ki jai!!!

Gaura Bhakta Vrinda ki Jai!!

For your reference, here is the Ashrama's home-page (set up, if I'm not mistaken, by forum member Brajeshwar Prabhu):

http://www.scsashram.org/

Anyone know these folks ? Are they good people ?

Saraswats are basically one of the oldest brahminical communities living on the banks of river saraswti until the river dried. These people then moved down to south India and now there is a big community in southern states and they worship mainly Lord Visnu and his other forms. They also follow spiritual masters who came in the lineage of Sripada Madhwa..

Hari bol

Thanks for the history!

In this case, I don't know if there is a connection between the "Saraswats" as you describe them and Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math/Ashram.

I believe the "Saraswat" in this case is a reference to Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati, the Guru Maharaj of the founder of Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj.

Saraswats are basically one of the oldest brahminical communities living on the banks of river saraswti until the river dried. These people then moved down to south India and now there is a big community in southern states and they worship mainly Lord Visnu and his other forms. They also follow spiritual masters who came in the lineage of Sripada Madhwa..

Hari bol