IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hindu Paranoia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sorry for the title but hoping it grabs some attention. I am getting a bit depressed at the lack of followup in the hindu community. I live in Salem Oregon and there are no temples here and I have tried desperately to reach out so I can learn from devotees .. in the flesh. There are so many resources online and with books / tapes but they can only take you so far , association with devotees is a must. I am disabled so travel to Eugene/Portland is difficult but can be managed but no matter how hard I try phone numbers and email addresses I have been givin get no reply. I want to live my faith with people that live theirs :(

How is it that I run into Mormon missionaries and Jehovas witnesses and politely talk with them and cant keep them from my door from then on out but when I reach out to Hindus all I get is nothing ....

Help please ...

Sorry for the title but hoping it grabs some attention. I am getting a bit depressed at the lack of followup in the hindu community. I live in Salem Oregon and there are no temples here and I have tried desperately to reach out so I can learn from devotees .. in the flesh. There are so many resources online and with books / tapes but they can only take you so far , association with devotees is a must. I am disabled so travel to Eugene/Portland is difficult but can be managed but no matter how hard I try phone numbers and email addresses I have been givin get no reply. I want to live my faith with people that live theirs :(

How is it that I run into Mormon missionaries and Jehovas witnesses and politely talk with them and cant keep them from my door from then on out but when I reach out to Hindus all I get is nothing ....

Help please ...

Mahaksha,

You are in the Pacific Northwest.

This is yours baby.

Go get 'em......

guruseva?.................................

I know how you feel.. I live in Conway New Hampshire and the closest ISKCON center is in Boston.. Thats like a 2 and a half hour ride.. I can only do this every so often and I need to plan it far ahead of time..

I find this site rather helpful for learning:

http://www.harekrishna.com/radio.htm

Its updated everyday and you can download your favorite lectures..

Guest guest

Tirisilex

Thanks for the link I appreciate it :)

How is the Boston temple I am going to be out that way end of April beginning of May next year and will definately be stopping in there. Can still really use some contacts here in Oregon though :(

Tirisilex

Thanks for the link I appreciate it :)

How is the Boston temple I am going to be out that way end of April beginning of May next year and will definately be stopping in there. Can still really use some contacts here in Oregon though :(

Hi, I feel bad you don't have any temple near you. You should make you own alter and do puja. Anyway if you wanna chat my email is celinamahek@ I'm a BAPS Swaminarayan follower btw. :D

I know how you feel, it's tough living in a big place with no one who seems like they understand you. You should think of it as a test. It's easy to live in a temple surrouded by devotees but can you still live according to your faith when you're on your own and there's no one to support you? That's how I tried to view it when I went through something similar at University. It was so lonely but I tried to remember that Krishna is always with me and that I just had to get through this time in my life when he was testing me. I have no idea if I passed that test, by the way.

The good news is that I'm coming to Salem, Oregon! I'll be doing a book signing there for my book 'Follow the Cowherd Boy' at the Borders Express in Nordstrom Mall on Friday August 31st, 4-9pm. Please come and see me, it will be nice to meet a devotee from this forum. Also, don't think that you'll have to buy my book. It would be nice just to meet you and I have no expectations that you might feel obligated to buy a copy. So please come and see me.

Haribol!

Jai

Guest guest

I know how you feel, it's tough living in a big place with no one who seems like they understand you. You should think of it as a test. It's easy to live in a temple surrouded by devotees but can you still live according to your faith when you're on your own and there's no one to support you? That's how I tried to view it when I went through something similar at University. It was so lonely but I tried to remember that Krishna is always with me and that I just had to get through this time in my life when he was testing me. I have no idea if I passed that test, by the way.

Haribol!

Jai

You certainly did, when mother Ganga tested you, despite your handicap, you finished the char dham with out a complain.

i was disappointed i did not see you when you came to London.

Jai Bhole.

Jai Shree Krishna

You certainly did, when mother Ganga tested you, despite your handicap, you finished the char dham with out a complain.

i was disappointed i did not see you when you came to London.

Jai Bhole.

Jai Shree Krishna

Kaka, is that you?

Bum bum Bhole!

Haribol!

Jai

Guest guest

Kaka, is that you?

Bum bum Bhole!

Haribol!

Jai

Yes Bhatiji

Bhum Bhum Bhole literally from from the top of the world as loud as you can

i cant wait to go back but not before i been to Kailash.

Jai ShreeKrishna

Yes Bhatiji

Bhum Bhum Bhole literally from from the top of the world as loud as you can

i cant wait to go back but not before i been to Kailash.

Jai ShreeKrishna

I knew it was you, Kaka!

So when are you going to go to Kailash? I want to come too! I'll see you in October when I'm in London and we can discuss it then.

Jai Shri Krishna!

Guest guest

The good news is that I'm coming to Salem, Oregon! I'll be doing a book signing there for my book 'Follow the Cowherd Boy' at the Borders Express in Nordstrom Mall on Friday August 31st, 4-9pm. Please come and see me, it will be nice to meet a devotee from this forum. Also, don't think that you'll have to buy my book. It would be nice just to meet you and I have no expectations that you might feel obligated to buy a copy. So please come and see me.

Haribol!

Jai

I will definately stop by and say hello and I will buy your book because after looking it up and reading about it I want a copy :) I don`t really look at myself as a devotee, more of someone who seeks to learn how to live my life in service of Krishna. The big issue for me is I guess maybe a bad thing but almost an addiction to being around devotees, the feel, the happiness of being surrounded by people who love life and Krishna as much as myself. In this sick world to hear Krishnas name being chanted and sung with total devotion by many different voices brings me to a place that I don`t like leaving. Thank you for your invitation just keep your eyes open for the grumpy looking guy on crutches :)