IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

When Krishna will be merciful, then I shall do

Rate this topic

Here it is said that, Krishna is directly asking us - directly - physical presence.

Srila Prabhupada, Vṛndāvana, November 12, 1976, Srimad-bhagavatam lecture, 5.5.25: [...] So bhakti, devotional service, is not easy, but at the same time very easy, one moment’s business, one moment’s. But I must be willing.

Krishna says, sarva-dharmān parityajya mām ekam śaranam [bg. 18.66]. If I do it, immediately… But that, I am not willing. We have seen so many persons. Krishna says directly that “You surrender unto Me,” sarva-dharmān parityajya. Still, he says, “When Krishna will be merciful, then I shall do.” What is this nonsense? Krishna is directly asking you. Again He has to become merciful? What kind of mercy?

These are all pleas, different pleas. Actually He doesn’t want that “I shall not surrender unto You, sir. I shall place some pleas. That’s all.” In that way… When we become actually niskiñcana or akiñcana, then, as Caitanya Mahaprabhu advises, niskiñcanasya bhagavad-bhajanonmukhasya. Bhagavad-bhajanonmukha means niskiñcana.

Param… What is that bhagavad-bhajana? Pāram param jigamir or bhava-sāgarasya. Bhava-sāgara. This ocean. Sāgara means ocean, and bhava means take birth, again die. Bhūtvā bhūtvā pralīyate. That is called mrityu-samsāra-vartmani, Krishna says. Mām aprāpya nivartante mrityu-samsāra-vartmani. This is bhagavad-bhajana. We do not know how many times we have taken birth and again died. That’s a fact. Tathā dehāntara-prāptir. Millions and millions, for years, we are doing that. Mrityu samsāra. Still, we are so shameless, we want to do again and again that thing. Punah punaś carvita-carvanānām [sB 7.5.30]. [...]