IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Is there a conflict between the interests [focus] of ISKCON & Srila Bhaktisiddhanta??

Rate this topic

some of the "diksha" disciples of Sridhar Maharaja assume that they are more the disciple of Sridhar Maharaja than other devotees like disciples of Srila Prabhupada who took shelter and siksha from Srila Sridhar Maharaja.

This however, is a superficial position.

It was actually disciples of Srila Prabhupada who took the message of Sridhar Maharaja to the world and created an international movement out of SCSMath.

It wasn't the "diksha" disciples of Sridhar Maharaja who took his message to the world and gave so many devotees a special connection with a very special acharya.

If I might blow my own horn here, I was the first pujari in the first temple of Srila Sridhar Maharaja in the western world.

I was the first pujari in the western world to worship Govardhan-sila under the sanction of Srila Sridhar Maharaja in his first temple outside of India.

:P.

You constantly abuse Srila Sridhar Maharaj's successor, who Guru Maharaj told his disciples to follow.

In doing that, you cut yourself off from Srila Sridhar Maharaj

Your decision

Dr Asthana: I am a little worried about Srila Govinda Maharaj's position.

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: I have given him, I have empowered him, to do all these things on my behlaf: Rtvik. I have appoited him to do all spiritual activity on my behalf.

Dr Asthana: But this "Rtvik" word is misinterpreted by many people.

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: They may do so.

Dr Asthana: Some do not consider him as a direct successor; they consider him only as a Rtvik.

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: More than Rtvik.

Dr Asthana: Eh?

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: More than Rtvik. Whatever it may be, I am giving power. Just as "yauva-raja". When the King installs his son as King and retires himself, what will be the result? As Dasarath wanted to do with Ramchandra. The King gives all the authority of a king to the son and retires to go to the jungle although he is living with full power and glory.

Dr Asthana: Many people I have talked to do not consider the Rtvik to be the direct Guru. They say the Rtvik is Rtvik.

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: Rtvik is Rtvik, but if such transfer of power is done then what harm? For those that have got no sraddha, they may go away. They may not accept. I do not care. I don't accept them.

You constantly abuse Srila Sridhar Maharaj's successor, who Guru Maharaj told his disciples to follow.

In doing that, you cut yourself off from Srila Sridhar Maharaj

Your decision

well, you know my opinion.

no reason to keep harping on it.

I know what Sridhar Maharaja ordered for his "declaration of spiritual succession".

I also know who followed those orders and who didn't.

Sridhar Maharaja's orders are there in black and white.

Anybody that can read can see that his orders weren't followed.

whatever...

What you think or do has no importance for me or any sincere person. Sincere people will not be fooled by your demented ravings.

-------------

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: For those that have got no sraddha, they may go away. They may not accept. I do not care. I don't accept them.

---------------

It's obvious in that converstation above that Sridhar Maharaja appointed Govinda Maharaja as successor in a ritvik capacity and that this Dr. Asthan was not happy with that and was trying to pressure Sridhar Maharaja into saying something else.

He was being dogged and harrassed by Dr. Asthana who didn't like this ritvik system that Sridhar Maharaja had given for his succession.

So, you haven't defended your bogus position with that quote.

In fact, that quote is a very good example of how Sridhar Maharaja actually DID appoint Govinda Maharaja as successor in a ritvik capacity.

The little neophytes who wanted place and position at the Math however destroyed what Sridhar Maharaja gave and coerced Govinda Maharaja into deviating from the ritvik system.

That converstaion with Dr. Asthan cannot undo the formal declaration of Sridhar Maharaja that officially appointed Govinda Maharaja as ritvik successor.

The official statement is not undone with some harrassing remarks of Dr. Asthan.

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: More than Rtvik. Whatever it may be, I am giving power. Just as "yauva-raja". When the King installs his son as King and retires himself, what will be the result? As Dasarath wanted to do with Ramchandra. The King gives all the authority of a king to the son and retires to go to the jungle although he is living with full power and glory.

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: For those that have got no sraddha, they may go away. They may not accept. I do not care. I don't accept them.

Guest guest

Dr Asthana:

Dr Asthana: Some do not consider him as a direct successor; they consider him only as a Rtvik.

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: More than Rtvik.

Dr Asthana: Eh?

Dr Asthana: Many people I have talked to do not consider the Rtvik to be the direct Guru. They say the Rtvik is Rtvik.

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj: Rtvik is Rtvik, but if such transfer of power is done then what harm? For those that have got no sraddha, they may go away. They may not accept. I do not care. I don't accept them.

But some say that he was only directly empowered to be the acarya of the central math. The foreign maths were know as the Mahamandal and they had their own "forieign" rtviks. The above conversation can be interpreted in relation to the central math, exclusively. A few years later after some tragic falldowns in South America, Govinda Maharaja became promoted as a world acarya.

I don't see this as really limiting Govinda Maharaja based on his own merits as an acarya. Yet I don't see Sridhar's Maharaja's lack of acceptance of those not connected with the central math, not having a connection with Govinda Maharaja. What happened to the concept of "devotees of free faith"?

Kshamabuddhi (Guruvani) never even met Srila Sridhar Maharaj.

Moreover, his ritvik-fantasy, in which he declares that Srila Govinda Maharaj was only appointed as a ritvik not as Guru, is a fantasy that he only believes in. He is the only person in the world who believes that Srila Govinda Maharaj was appointed as a ritvik not as Guru.

Moreover, his ritvik-fantasy, in which he declares that Srila Govinda Maharaj was only appointed as a ritvik not as Guru, is a fantasy that he only believes in.

It's amazing how pervasive and rampant is blindness and illiteracy.

The instructions of Sridhar Maharaja are right there for the whole world to see and not one of his disciples have managed to understand what he was saying.

Sridhar Maharaja:

With this I transfer these beads and from now he will initiate on my behalf as ritvik. The ritvik system is already involved both here and also in the foreign land. The ritvik is the representative. So if you want to take from me, and you take by his hands, then it will be as well and as good as taking from me.

Am I the only person that can read?

the official statement of Sridhara Maharaja on his orders for spiritual succession.

<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Public Declaration</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td>by Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj

[from a recording on Gaura Purnima, 26th March, 1986] According to the desire of my Divine Master, I have been maintaining this Disciplic Succession but it is no longer possible for me, as I am now too old and an invalid. You all know from long ago I have chosen Sriman Bhakti Sundar Govinda Maharaj and I have given him sannyasa. All my Vaishnava Godbrothers are very affectionate towards him and it is also their desire to give him this position. I have previously given to him the charge of the Math and now I am giving him the full responsibility of giving Harinam, diksha, sannyasa, etc., as an Acharya of this Math on behalf of myself.

Those who have any regard for me should give this respect and position to Govinda Maharaj as my successor. As much as you have faith in my sincerity, then with all sincerity I believe that he has got the capacity of rendering service in this way. With this I transfer these beads and from now he will initiate on my behalf as ritvik. The ritvik system is already involved both here and also in the foreign land. The ritvik is the representative. So if you want to take from me, and you take by his hands, then it will be as well and as good as taking from me.

In the Mahamandala, Sagar Maharaj and many others are also ritvik of Swami Maharaj and also myself. They may do so, but in this Math and in any Math under this Math, he will be the representative. If anyone cannot accept this, he may leave the Math rather than stay here and disturb the peace of the Math. With all my sincerity and good feelings to Guru-Gauranga, to the Vaishnavas and the Acharyas, Mahaprabhu, Pancha-Tattva, Radha-Govinda and Their Parshadas, with all my sincere prayers to Them, henceforth he will represent me in this affair beginning from today's function.

Now I shall go from here and he will do the necessary. On my behalf, he will give Harinama, diksha, sannyasa, and everything.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

But some say that he was only directly empowered to be the acarya of the central math.

Anyone can say anything. But what did Srila Sridhar Maharaj say?

Gaura Purnima, 26th March, 1986

According to the desire of my Divine Master, I have been maintaining this Disciplic Succession but it is no longer possible for me, as I am now too old and an invalid. You all know from long ago I have chosen Sriman Bhakti Sundar Govinda Maharaj and I have given him sannyasa. All my Vaishnava Godbrothers are very affectionate towards him and it is also their desire to give him this position. I have previously given to him the charge of the Math and now I am giving him the full responsibility of giving Harinam, diksha, sannyasa, etc., as an Acharya of this Math on behalf of myself.

Those who have any regard for me should give this respect and position to Govinda Maharaj as my successor. As much as you have faith in my sincerity, then with all sincerity I believe that he has got the capacity of rendering service in this way. With this I transfer these beads and from now he will initiate on my behalf as ritvik. The ritvik system is already involved both here and also in the foreign land. The ritvik is the representative. So if you want to take from me, and you take by his hands, then it will be as well and as good as taking from me.

In the Mahamandala, Sagar Maharaj and many others are also ritvik of Swami Maharaj and also myself. They may do so, but in this Math and in any Math under this Math, he will be the representative. If anyone cannot accept this, he may leave the Math rather than stay here and disturb the peace of the Math. With all my sincerity and good feelings to Guru-Gauranga, to the Vaishnavas and the Acharyas, Mahaprabhu, Pancha-Tattva, Radha-Govinda and Their Parshadas, with all my sincere prayers to Them, henceforth he will represent me in this affair beginning from today's function.

Now I shall go from here and he will do the necessary. On my behalf, he will give Harinama, diksha, sannyasa, and everything.

I have DVD's of this event that I can send to anyone who wants to see the whole thing for themself.

What happened to the concept of "devotees of free faith"?

Everyone is free to follow their heart. But look at the politics of Iskcon and you will see the sort of chaos that can happen in a society of devotees where businessmen and spiritual novices are in control of temples and are giving orders to newcomers.

In this Math and in any Math under this Math Srila Govinda Maharaj is the representative. If you don't agree to that, then leave. That is what Srila Sridhar Maharaj said. Many times.

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj:

You all know from long ago I have chosen Sriman Bhakti Sundar Govinda Maharaj and I have given him sannyasa. All my Vaishnava Godbrothers are very affectionate towards him and it is also their desire to give him this position. I have previously given to him the charge of the Math and now I am giving him the full responsibility of giving Harinam, diksha, sannyasa, etc., as an Acharya of this Math on behalf of myself.

Am I the only person that can read?

It seems to me that you are the only person who cannot read

Srila Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj:

You all know from long ago I have chosen Sriman Bhakti Sundar Govinda Maharaj and I have given him sannyasa. All my Vaishnava Godbrothers are very affectionate towards him and it is also their desire to give him this position. I have previously given to him the charge of the Math and now I am giving him the full responsibility of giving Harinam, diksha, sannyasa, etc., as an Acharya of this Math on behalf of myself.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

It seems to me that you are the only person who cannot read

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

That wasn't the official declaration.

That was said under duress from Dr. Asthan.

Read the official declaration and quit trying to fool people.

official statement here:

With this I transfer these beads and from now he will initiate on my behalf as ritvik. The ritvik system is already involved both here and also in the foreign land. The ritvik is the representative. So if you want to take from me, and you take by his hands, then it will be as well and as good as taking from me.

That wasn't the official declaration.

That was said under duress from Dr. Asthan.

Read the official declaration and quit trying to fool people.

official statement here:

How do you know that? Were you there?

Oh, that's right, you never went there once, did you?

Badrinarayan made up this story. He is in jail now in Canada and he will be there for a long, long time.

But anyhow, you yourself have posted this statement just a few minutes ago:

<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Public Declaration</td> </tr> <tr> <td>

</td> <td>by Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj

I have previously given to him the charge of the Math and now I am giving him the full responsibility of giving Harinam, diksha, sannyasa, etc., as an Acharya of this Math on behalf of myself. </td></tr></tbody> </table>

Are you having problems reading?

Maybe you need glasses because you seem to see everything from a distorted perspective.

Oh, that's right, you never went there once, did you?

:

Did Sridhar Maharaja ever order his secretary to print your writings in the Matha publication?

I didn't think so.

He did order his secretary to publish my writing.

so, does being physically there matter?

Maybe knowing his teachings is more important?

He obviously showed that.

In fact, I think I might the only person whom he ordered the letter to be published by the Math.

Anybody else got any proof that he wanted their writing published?

I didn't think so.

Did he ever order his secretary to publish your writing?

I didn't think so. :D

Sridhar Maharaja;

I am giving him the full responsibility of giving Harinam, diksha, sannyasa, etc., as an Acharya of this Math on behalf of myself.

He said acharya ON BEHALF of MYSELF!

Do you know what ON BEHALF MEANS?

he will initiate on my behalf as ritvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

More than Rtvik.

Did Sridhar Maharaja ever order his secretary to print your writings in the Matha publication?

For your information, it is Math, not Matha; and my Guru Maharaj's name is "Sridhar" not Sridhara.

As far as authorization goes, I was personally authorized by Srila Sridhar Maharaj (for your information, we call him "Srila" not just Sridhara Maharaj), to edit and publish HIS lectures.

sure, more than ritvik.

If he inherits the property and all the assets that is more than ritvik for sure.

but, the spiritual succession was "ritvik".

yes it does.

( kshambuddhi since you use giant size fonts, I will use micro-size. I am the opposite of you in every way)

well, that is the exact opposite of what Sridhara Maharaja says in his books.

so, I would have to say that you are not very acquainted with his teachings.

maybe you should read his books.

you might learn something.

For your information, it is Math, not Matha; and my Guru Maharaj's name is "Sridhar" not Sridhara.

As far as authorization goes, I was personally authorized by Srila Sridhar Maharaj (for your information, we call him "Srila" not just Sridhara Maharaj), to edit and publish HIS lectures.

I'm not Bengali.

I don't imitate like you do.

If you knew anything you would know that in Sanskrit it is "Sridhara" and "matha".

But, you can play your childish game, though you will never be Bengali.