IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Murali_Mohan_das

Guruvani's True Identity?

Rate this topic

Reading "Divine Aspiration", I came across a passage that reminded me of our good friend on these forums, Guruvani. Could he be inspired by Vrindavan Das Thakur?

I couldn't find an online copy at the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math web site (http://scsmath.com), but I *did* find the passage here:

http://www.mahaprabhu.net/greatness.html

LOVE AND ABUSE

In seeing the mood of humility as expressed in different ways by Krsnadas Kaviraj Goswami and Vrndavan das Thakur, I also came to some revolutionary understanding about this.

While writing Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Kaviraj Goswami has expressed so much humility, humility of such a degree, that he says "My position is the worst; I am a sinner far worse than Jagai and Madhai, I am lower than the worm in the stool. If anyone hears my name, his merit will be diminished; and if anyone speaks my name, he commits sin - such kind of wretched person I am. But the grace of Nityananda Prabhu has taken me up from such a nasty pit, taken me to Rupa-Sanatana, to Raghunatha das, and to divine Vrindavan. I should not proclaim this, I should not speak in such a way, that "I have got something" - but if I do not say so, then it will show ingratitude to Nityananda Prabhu, I would be a traitor to Him. So I shall have to say, to admit, "I have got something"; and that is by the grace of Nityananda. It is all His property, His grace, otherwise there is nothing, no worth at all in me." With so much humility Kaviraj Goswami is approaching the public and appealing to them to come to Gaura-Nityananda.

But Vrindavan das Thakur, in his writing, says, "I appeal most fervently and with the greatest humility to you all: accept Nityananda and Sri Gauranga! You'll get the best benefit of your life. This I urgently beg you, with the utmost humility, with a straw between my teeth. But if such appeal of mine fails, and if still you want to put blame on Nityananda-Gauranga, then I just kick you! I kick such a person, demoniac person."

eta parihare o ye papi ninda kare

tabe lathi maron ta'ra sirera upare

(C. Bhag. Madhya 11:63)

"If in spite of hearing the glories of Nityananda, one blasphemes Him, then I kick the head of such a sinful person."

To this, the ordinary commentators will say, "Kaviraj Goswami and others, they are humiliating themselves so much, they are appealing in such a humble way. But this Vrndavan das! What kind of egoistic fellow is he? He says, he kicks those who do not come to hear his Gaura-Nityananda. He'll kick them! Such a boast, so proud he is - is he a Vaisnava? Is this type of person a Vaisnava? Trnad api sunicena, taror api sahisnuna: more humble than straw, more tolerant than a tree -- is he of this type?"

A NEW PATH

This is how Vrindavan Thakur's statement is met by the ordinary thinkers; but not long after joining the Gaudiya Math, I heard a revolutionary remark from our Guru Maharaj, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur, in which we find a most peculiar meaning or explanation. He said: "For those who had no chance, no possibility of entering into devotional service, by this statement Vrindavan Thakur has created a path. For those who had no chance of getting any service, Vrindavan Thakur has made that chance by kicking them." How is it so? Guru Maharaj explained, "Vrindavan Thakur has pronounced such a bold expression against those unbelieving persons to wound their feelings, so that Krsna will come to their aid. Just as, if any attendant or son of a gentleman does wrong to some other person, then that person's guardians will come to help their dependent: "Oh, what he has done to you, don't mind it; look here, I am giving something to you - be pleased, and go on, happily..." So, because Vrindavan Thakur has in such an ostentatious way apparently committed some wrong against that particular unbelieving section, it will draw Krsna's attention; Mahaprabhu's special attention will be drawn towards them, that "My son has done something wrong, some damage to you; don't take it badly, but 'forgive and forget' now, I am giving something to you, come..."

In this way Vrindavan Thakur has made a new path, by threatening the unbelievers in Gaura-Nityananda; by his strong remark of very abusive character, he has given the chance to those fellows to draw the greater and more special attention of the authority.

My true identity?

hahahahahah!!

Now I will reveal all............

I am the father of Nitai Prasad, Rasika Kripmoya and Kamala Manjari.

Now you know.

I am in Vatsalya rasa.:rolleyes:

OK, that went over my head (except the part about being in Vatsalya rasa).

Are those the names of your kids? Or???

My true identity?

hahahahahah!!

Now I will reveal all............

I am the father of Nitai Prasad, Rasika Kripmoya and Kamala Manjari.

Now you know.

I am in Vatsalya rasa.:rolleyes:

Beautiful names!! Do they have Dad's passion?

passion?

I want my kids to have decent educations and some chance to have something better than the poverty they grew up in.

I have never indoctrinated them into any sub-culture mentality.

My son is a computer genius.

My older daughter is in college now.

My younger daughter plays soccer and is in girl scouts.

Mostly, we are just an average american vegetarian family.

I am the only weirdo in the family.

Well, from one father parenting with out a mother to another, let me wish you a happy, Krishna-Counscious, Father's Day!!

Gaura Nitai!!

passion?

I want my kids to have decent educations and some chance to have something better than the poverty they grew up in.

I have never indoctrinated them into any sub-culture mentality.

My son is a computer genius.

My older daughter is in college now.

My younger daughter plays soccer and is in girl scouts.

Mostly, we are just an average american vegetarian family.

I am the only weirdo in the family.

Well, from one father parenting with out a mother to another, let me wish you a happy, Krishna-Counscious, Father's Day!!

Gaura Nitai!!

wow,

I hope you can find some nice devotee lady to help

you raise the kids.

My kids have suffered from not having a good female role model in the home as they grew up.

I encourage you to find a nice devotee woman to marry who will help you raise your kids.

It's way too much for one man alone to raise kids by himself.

I have done that, but I don't recommend it to anyone else.

Happy Fathers Day to you as well!!

Haribol, papas. Same goes here. I gotta normal family, too. My daughter Tulasi is Down in San Francisco. Perfect daughter in all respects, and not stuck in any kind of fanaticism. Cady is eight, the light of my life. Refuses to learn. Wants to be a sailor scout (As in Sailor Moon, highly recommended "big-eye" cartoon). Already an accomplished "open mike" performer. King yudhisthira proclasims that the wife is the gift of the demigods, and Lord Yamaraja, disguised as a Yaksa (shapeshifted, BTW, see mahabharata, Varata), agreedd this is true, and restored the lives of his brothers. I have such a gift.

All this stuff you read here comes from another dimension. Im skitzo, and so am I. So what?

gHari never argues, he just gives good math, sacred geometry. The formula he presented yesterday is the theme of a new projuct. Stay tuned.

Going to another dimension, one of sight and sound, of boatyards needing serious cleaning, of offices of public defenders needing sensitive papers shredded and their floors mopped. Ill spock ya latah, eh brahs. Happy fathers day to all the glorious mothers as well, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

I think I would have been a much better devotee and a much better father if I would have had a nice devotee wife for the last 11 years that I have struggled alone as a single Dad.

But, I was never blessed with that.

I guess I didn't have the sukriti to have a nice devotee wife.

A nice devotee wife is considered an expanasion of Laksmi Devi.

I never had anything like that in my life.

My ex-wife was very favorable and I even got her initiated by a Godbrother. But, our marriage was always very strained and she was 90% deaf and I always had trouble communicating with her.

I can't blame nobody but myself.

If I had been a better devotee myself then maybe my life would have been different.

A good devotee wife would have probably helped me alot, but I never had that.