IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Dreaming of the Ganges

Rate this topic

Last night I had a dream that I was standing on the bank of the Ganges river and seeing it's great and powerful current.

There was some holy man there and I asked him for permission to take some Ganges water on my head.

He approved.

However, when I went to take some Ganges water on my head I couldn't help but resist the temptation to jump in.

When I jumped in the powerful currents were too strong and I could not swim back to shore, but I did manage to find a small island in the middle of the river to take shelter on.

Then from there I was searching for a narrow place in the river where I thought I might be able to fight the current long enough to get back to the shore where I came from.

I remember that I found a narrow part where I thought I might be able to fight the current with enough strenth to get back to shore.

I don't remember what happened after that.

does anyone have any explanation of what this dream might mean?

Last night I had a dream that I was standing on the bank of the Ganges river and seeing it's great and powerful current.

There was some holy man there and I asked him for permission to take some Ganges water on my head.

He approved.

However, when I went to take some Ganges water on my head I couldn't help but resist the temptation to jump in.

When I jumped in the powerful currents were too strong and I could not swim back to shore, but I did manage to find a small island in the middle of the river to take shelter on.

Then from there I was searching for a narrow place in the river where I thought I might be able to fight the current long enough to get back to the shore where I came from.

I remember that I found a narrow part where I thought I might be able to fight the current with enough strenth to get back to shore.

I don't remember what happened after that.

does anyone have any explanation of what this dream might mean?

gange ca yamune caiva godavari sarasvati

narmade sindho kaveri jale ’smin sannidhim kuru

May water from the holy rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari, Sarasvati, Narmada, Sindhu, and Kaveri kindly be present.

Such dreams usually say, because it happened in the dream it won't happen in real live.